Star Citizen Online - The search for more money

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Maybe I should have actually looked at the stretch goals before talking out my ass then?

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
It's a nice cast though. Probably half the budget right there.
smile.png

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>

Why does Oldman's character look a few years younger than him, and sound 20 years older?

edit: The admiral bishop thing cracked me up.

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
Can someone repost the spreadsheet that was posted a few days ago that showed the funds raised per day? Curious as to what effect this has. Personally I think it's hilariously tragic that they have clearly spent SO much on big names. This is such a pyramid. They have to keep creating more gimmicks to get enough money to hold them thru. Constantly overspending. Everquest 2 also had a huge celebrity line up, didn't do shit for them.

Awanka

Molten Core Raider
There's so much vested in this. If this project crashes and burns I just... I mean Jesus... the saltiness of the tears. It will be like the Dead Sea.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
The only way it crashes at this point is if Chris Roberts has too big of an ego to seek help and share equity, because even if they run out of money, I'm fairly certain that they can get funding fairly easily. I mean they have the basis of a game, 1 million player base already that has shown is willing to spend money on the game.

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
You are all completely, totally, 100% fucking wrong. There is one single thing...and only one...that will determine whether or not this game will become a giant flaming turd of an MMO or be the next WoW.

Is Tuco going to create a forum guild for it?

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Im not even sure if there will be a real mmo aspect to this game. I still feel like the PU will be more like freelancer multiplayer. I guess we will see in two or three years.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
I can imagine the rage when some dude in a $1500+ ship is about to take out a plebe in a stocked up freighter and the freighter pilot just goes 'lol cap ship really' and the entire server just quits not wanting to play with the guy.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Maybe. Or i poop sock and get a better ship in two weeks after PU release and destroy whales who bought an under powered ship.three years before releqse.

Really it depends on how much p2w they have post release. Most whales will keep shelli g out cash for a competitive edge and as long as there is an economy they will be able to keep paying for that edge wnether it is to cig or players.