Star Citizen Online - The search for more money

Palum

what Suineg set it to
I think you're just coming to the reality that most skeptics have had since the KS went from "Freelancer 2" to "VR Universe Simulator."

Plus on top of that you have ALREADY SOLD these ships priced in brackets that define their overall effectiveness. It's going to be like a car company taking preorders on an 'R' spec version of their hottest car model for an extra 20K only for it to come detuned with a 1/2" drop and extra chrome accents.

Awanka

Molten Core Raider
I read an article that CGI sold out 200 Javelin class destroyers earlier this year for $2500 a pop. They were all gone almost immediately, so they probably could have sold for a lot more. Now the Javelin seems like a pretty badass ship, but Wow, it makes me think an attack carrier similar to the Tiger's Claw would go for the price of a car.

Faith

Useless lazy bastard.
I read an article that CGI sold out 200 Javelin class destroyers earlier this year for $2500 a pop. They were all gone almost immediately, so they probably could have sold for a lot more. Now the Javelin seems like a pretty badass ship, but Wow, it makes me think an attack carrier similar to the Tiger's Claw would go for the price of a car.
Yeah, Im in it for the minimum backing (cant remember exactly what that was at the moment) but I just wantet a game where I could co-op with my friends. Spending that kind of money seems insane, especially since they will be availible "in game" for "in game" currency.

Itzena_sl

shitlord

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Well, they're doing something right. They were getting around 21k base a day. Now they're getting over 30k base a day since Gamescom+Citizencon.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I really want this game to do well and take off because I would love a good space sim thats not like Eve. But seeing stuff like that.. I just cant help but have a small part of me want this game to fail.

Awanka

Molten Core Raider
Also, one should note that this $15,000 package does not include the Javelin class destroyer, it merely gives you the option to purchase it afterwards.
Which you know they totally did. No collection of imaginary ships is complete without a Javelin.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I think you'll know they need money badly when they have a capital ship sale, or indefinite amounts of destroyer ship sales.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
So how is someone who doesn't want to spend money supposed to compete in this game?

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
Maybe there is a comparison between a shitty League of Legends player with all the champs unlocked and a pro player with a fraction of them unlocked.

Mr Creed

Too old for this shit
Probably by setting their own goals that are compatible with the amount of time and money they are willing to put into the game.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
You mean the game that's already playable and adding major features every few months?

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Elite is a sandbox without the sand or the little plastic shovel. It's just a box and a bucket.

Itzena_sl

shitlord
Elite doesn't have any major features. It's basically a demo.
T7BNkBg.gif