Star Citizen Online - The search for more money

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I like how this thread gets its news from unpaid Forbes bloggers and Kotaku, after saying how much they're untrustworthy pieces of shit over in the Gamergate thread.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Yeah there is in fact a "game" here and something will be released. I just don't think it will meet anyone's expectations.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Oh goodie. I can't wait to run around another lifeless, interchangeable, procedurally generated planet, devoid of all soul or character.
I agree, but they're not tryign to lean heavily on procedural generation right? They're not making a galaxy sized world.

BTW: I'll reiterate what I said a lot on the No Man's Sky thread: procedural generation will only take you so far and create an interesting base. You absolutely need hand crafted systems via a massive budget for your designers/artists (ex: skyrim, GTA) or a lot of tools and a big userbase (Ex: Minecraft). The first MMO to truly take advantage of player-based content will be huge (RIP EQ:N).

• 1Like

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Yeah there is in fact a "game" here and something will be released. I just don't think it will meet anyone's expectations.

I don't agree with this. I think the single player part easily can. The mmo part really depends on how much money you dumped into it. Also waaaaaaayy to many people have hate or love invested into this game and are either defending everything or shitting on everything and won't let how good or bad the game is in reality change their views.

Look at the click bait about being delayed indefinitely, people jumped all over that and just swallowed it. The same people that have spent 2 years shitting all over the gaming press have now embraced anything that supports their narrative.

• 1Like

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
You seem a little out of the loop. Here you go:

Download - Roberts Space Industries
First of all, I'm talking about S42, not the MMO. Second of all, I'm not paying $1,000 to play 5 minutes of a broken, unfinished game, and having my money stolen like so many idiotic fanboys have already. Blackwulf, you are a limp-wristed power bottom. You were at rerolled when you had TESO's cock in your ass, and now you have switched to having Robert's plow you into submission. Enjoy shilling for another game that will either never release, or totally suck when it does.

Blackwulf

N00b
First of all, I'm talking about S42, not the MMO. Second of all, I'm not paying $1,000 to play 5 minutes of a broken, unfinished game, and having my money stolen like so many idiotic fanboys have already. Blackwulf, you are a limp-wristed power bottom. You were at rerolled when you had TESO's cock in your ass, and now you have switched to having Robert's plow you into submission. Enjoy shilling for another game that will either never release, or totally suck when it does.

Cool ad hominems. Actually, they have free fly events all the time. Pretty sure one is going on now. Also, you can buy in for as little as 45 bucks. Save your thousands for a critical thinking class at the local community college.

• 1Like

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
It's actually $30 dollars to play an awesome open-world multiplayer tech demo, that also includes a kick-ass instanced multiplayer dog-fighting deathmatch/TDM/PvE-wave survival mode.

I had more fun playing Vanduul Swarm than any game other than X-Com 2 and Overwatch this year.

The playable multiplayer alpha already has way more content than the standalone DayZ ever had, is actually fun, and has technology that no one has ever implemented in a game before.

That said, DayZ is also vaporware, and it is the closest comparison.

This multiplayer portion is not going to deliver all of its promises. It's not going to be some big giant, fully-functional MMO persistent universe, not anytime in this decade anyway.

It'll be something somewhere between DayZ and GTA Online for a long time to come. That's pretty much where they're already at.

Also, the single player game was delayed up to a year, not 'indefinitely.'

• 2Like
Lots of people are gonna love it. I just think like with most games, I am gonna be one of the few on the sidelines who don't like it.

Why so mad? And why so biased? Where on this doll did Chris Roberts touch you?

• 1Like

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
Lots of people are gonna love it. I just think like with most games, I am gonna be one of the few on the sidelines who don't like it.

Why so mad? And why so biased? Where on this doll did Chris Roberts touch you?

Not mad at all. Also not surprised that the two biggest dip shits who post here are both white knighting this game. Did you and Blackwulf black TESO together, trying to convince one another that it was good?

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
Cool ad hominems. Actually, they have free fly events all the time. Pretty sure one is going on now. Also, you can buy in for as little as 45 bucks. Save your thousands for a critical thinking class at the local community college.

Wow! As little as $45 to play a non existent game! Holy shit, what a deal!

Blackwulf

N00b
Wow! As little as $45 to play a non existent game! Holy shit, what a deal!
You have a learning disability, bud? The game exists, if you can't afford the $45, you can watch people streaming it daily. We've been over my ESO mistakes, literally years ago. Try to keep up.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
You can't really respond with "Try to keep up." with someone reminding you that you were the defender of a dumpster fire and had no idea what you were talking about.

• 2Like

Blackwulf

N00b
Tuco, tuco, tuco. My point is that I've already owned my mistakes, and explained my position on this game several times. Should we really derail this thread with that shit again?

Well, ok, for the record (again) -
1. I am hopeful about this game - console oriented publishers have ruined or at least stagnated PC gaming
2. I don't condone anyone spending more that they cane comfortably lose on backing it
3. I try to only post news and facts about it
4. If I give my opinion, I try to be objective

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Sure, that's all fine and good. I'm just saying that condescension isn't a tool available to the humbled.

Blackwulf

N00b
Sure, I agree that when it comes to opinions about games in development I have some baggage. However, he's being blatantly obtuse about FACTS. I think I'm within my right to call him on it.

jordanjax

Trakanon Raider
If anyone hasn't seen it, HD copy of the v2 planetary tech:

Long time lurker here on this and the old site, and had to create an account just to ask: is that video all real? As in that's all gameplay and not any cut scenes etc? Could you actually fly around that planet?

If yes...that's pretty amazing. (Procedurally generated or not)

Not mad at all. Also not surprised that the two biggest dip shits who post here are both white knighting this game. Did you and Blackwulf black TESO together, trying to convince one another that it was good?
If you read my posts you would see I keep saying this game likely wont be for me. All I've said is that there is no way the game wont eventually release, and the article about Squadron 42 was bullshit. If you really think that makes me a white knight then I pity you and your disappointed parents.

Long time lurker here on this and the old site, and had to create an account just to ask: is that video all real? As in that's all gameplay and not any cut scenes etc? Could you actually fly around that planet?

If yes...that's pretty amazing. (Procedurally generated or not)

I don't know but most stuff they show in videos ends up in the beta version which people can end up playing for real, and there are lots of videos on youtube of people playing it, and I've seen some amazing stuff already. It is really weird how there are so many childlike retards out there who want make some drama about the game never releasing or whatever other bullshit. I am not sure why it happens, I assume people just bandwagon that particular wagon because it is more fun to them than actually reading the facts about the game. It is especially sad to me because there are some REAL question marks about this game and nobody seems to be questioning them because everyone is either a fanboy with a raging hardon, or a retarded little kid desperate to convince people this game will nevarrr hapin. RIP normal gamers.

Nija

<Silver Donator>
Blackwulf Blackwulf how many dumpster fires to you intend to defend before you throw in the towel? I just want a rough estimate so I can plan accordingly.

• 1Like

Blackwulf

N00b
Blackwulf Blackwulf how many dumpster fires to you intend to defend before you throw in the towel? I just want a rough estimate so I can plan accordingly.

We'll see in the end. I predict you'll be playing this game when it releases and blithely pretending you never called it a "dumpster fire."