Star Citizen Online - The search for more money

SirJames

Golden Squire
So what is even the point of this game? Is it another open-world sandbox with no end game? What do you do? What's the max level? Etc etc.

I believe the main point of this game so far was to make the developers / owners a shit ton of money.

Beyond that, as a casual gamer I have yet to actually see any point to this game.

• 6Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 6 users

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Ouch, Hodj might have found his next Moonbat. Shit was harsh.

Nah I just hop in here every few months to see if the game has made any progress, and every single time this Variise dipshit is here hocking the snake oil like nobodies' business, calling everyone else trolls because they aren't buying the elixir he's selling, and have to remind him that his high opinion of himself is entirely unwarranted and unearned, and that he has nothing of substance to educate us with.

He's small time.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
I believe the main point of this game so far was to make the developers / owners a shit ton of money.

Beyond that, as a casual gamer I have yet to actually see any point to this game.

Mission fucking successful.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Faith

Useless lazy bastard.
As long as they are making steady progress and iterating on the alpha/beta, I can be patient for a looooooong time, bud.

So Ive stayed out of this for a while, but looking at (even) the backer reaction to the total fuckup that was Citizencon this year... Can you actually claim that they are making any kind of progress beyond "refactoring" shit over and over?

No SQ42 at the show.
No new release of the PU client.
No new game system on the horizon out of the million missing subsystems
They "hope" to include the full system of the current zone "maybe this year" (would be the first of 100+ systems they would have to make before release).
2.6 delayed
Mythical 3.0 sometime 2017

Beyond that it was some roadmap upto and beyond 4.0 and a 2017 release of the prequel to chapter ONE of SQ42, maybe.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So Ive stayed out of this for a while, but looking at (even) the backer reaction to the total fuckup that was Citizencon this year... Can you actually claim that they are making any kind of progress beyond "refactoring" shit over and over?

No SQ42 at the show.
They "hope" to include the full system of the current zone "maybe this year" (would be the first of 100+ systems they would have to make before release).
2.6 delayed

Beyond that it was some roadmap upto and beyond 4.0 and a 2017 release of the prequel to chapter ONE of SQ42, maybe.

Well, when Faith losses faith, you know there might be a problem.

Blackwulf

N00b

No SQ42 at the show.
2.6 delayed

Eh, the planetary tech they showed off was pretty nice. If 2.6 and 3.0 come out soonish, like they promise, then yeah, I'll be fine for a while.

• 1Like

Rafterman

Molten Core Raider
So what is even the point of this game? Is it another open-world sandbox with no end game? What do you do? What's the max level? Etc etc.

Honestly, at this point I'd say the entire point is to give Roberts an income so he can sit around and tinker on his hobby without having to find a job. The guy can drag this shit out for another decade, all the while fleecing people with virtual console spaceships, and there will still be dipshits sucking at his feet and defending this trainwreck.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

chantmaster

Lord Nagafen Raider
People can be strung along for quite a while, when they have sunk 1000$ into the game and only have a ship to show.
I sense willingness to spend another 2000$ on the radar, so the first 1000$ are not wasted.

Blackwulf

N00b
Hello, boys. New around the verse that focuses on the Frankfurt office today. I'll post the vid with a timestamp (10:13) to the most interesting stuff. Some nice technical details in here. Enjoy!

• 1Like

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Whoever wrote that sounds like they spend a week explaining they got a sandwich for lunch.

StJesuz

Graybeard Lurker
I backed this one a while back, during the original kickstarter and I haven't really checked in on it in the mean time. I don't think I bought any ships. I like to get things in games by actually playing the game.

I'm surprised they are still going strong after so long, but games can take a long time to make. I'm glad it hasn't collapsed yet. I'll keep my fingers crossed I guess.

x1tJpl4.jpg

ACElg

• 1Like

Variise

N00b
In other news this week COD: Infinite Warfare landed as a giant pile of turd not even IGN can polish. It's been universally panned which even shocked me considering the current state of games journalism is comparable to the MSM that greased up Trump for the RNC Primary with the help of Clinton/DNC/Establishment (thanks Wikileaks on that reveal).

There's your AAA studio making a game with established mechanics, best practices that the geniuses here have circle jerked over that's supposedly "basically the same" as Star Citizen accord to another smart pumpkin.

CIG may be (no lets face it they are) incompetent when it comes to communicating the most critical aspects of their game with backers but at least they are trying to make something that isn't a featureless cookie cutter generic shit sandwich that nobody should want.

There's your god.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Zapatta

Krugman's Fax Machine
<Gold Donor>
Can you please go torrent a copy of Rosetta Stone and learn English?

That or go back to MMORPG.com where blathering non-sequitors is considered legit posting.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Have they said if you will be able to pass down your shit in SC? I mean for your kids to one day use it? Maybe by the time your kids are 30 it will be done..

• 1Like

Variise

N00b
While the couple of narcissistic idiots that still think I'm shilling start to dig that tunnel to the salt mine I wanted to give an update I personally have been asking CIG for... well forever.

They finally decided to share their internal milestones and blockers and it's pretty fucking detailed. Way more than I ever asked for. The way I read it is they will do this for each update and not just 2.6 but will see. I hope they keep this up right to release to shut some of the turd burglars up.

Here's the letter.

Here's the internal schedule page.

I would ask some of you to read the letter but knowing some of you can't read makes that a pointless exercise. I think it was meant for intelligent people who can think. There are a few here.

/wave

EDIT: I should note that they did include details about the other version of the Alpha 3.0-4.0. My concern is about them keeping the update you see for 2.6 going right to the end.