Star Citizen Online - The search for more money

Brikker

Trump's Staff
people falling for tuco troll bait are more gullible than the people falling for this scam of a game

• 1Worf
  • 1Rustled
Reactions: 1 users

Goatface

missed it, but hit $600m on the 27th
FUNDS RAISED: 600,370,528
STAR CITIZENS: 4,762,537

1693401578778.png

as of the 29th.
they should earn another $20-30m this year at this rate

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
It's funny that I can't find any "gaming journalist" that did a deep dive on what % of the last 100 million were crowdsourced contributions, what is private backing from investors and what are pure bullshit figures. Gaming journalists are probably too busy trying to increase engagement with troll posts.

• 1Truth!
Reactions: 1 user

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
LOL, CIG reaches a new low.

The latest in-game event for Star Citizen, offers players the opportunity to win a Golden License / Ticket. This in-turn allows them to spend $260 real-world cash on an in-game ship! What's more, CIG previously stated they would never actually sell this ship.

• 1Worf
  • 1WTF
Reactions: 1 users

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Ok, I know this most likely will never be released, but seriously they can put a fucking impressive tech demo that still manage to make me dream and wish that it does against all odds become a real game. Seriously Starfield with this tech would have been fun.

New tech presentation of their engine called StarEngine.

Brodhi

I picked the wrong week to stop sniffing glue.
<Donor>
"tech demo"....shit might as well be CGI. The only thing NOT an issue with starfield was the graphics.

uniqueuser

Vyemm Raider
Graphics simps been dreaming of photorealistic games for decades now while gameplay is still stuck in the last century. Enjoy your camera-on-a-stick simulator.

• 1Like

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Can dream about it, but this "game" will have to start showing a lot more if it wants to get past the pessimistic view almost the entire internet has, now. Oblivious 9-5 dads notwithstanding.

The thing that should concern anyone about that tech demo is how much it hitches and stutters. I seriously doubt theyre using anything weaker than a 4090... and then it says theyre also streaming the game to you, so I doubt a local connection would cause any issues. Based on the fact it is, or at least should have been, recorded right there in the studio.

Ive wanted an Eve with just more "space," "exploration," and "planetary focus" for almost as long as Eve has been out. Their expansions, and games within the same universe have been nothing but failed dreams when they really should have invested that money right back into Eve. If Star Citizen can eventually capture that feeling, even if its another decade into the future, Ill happily play it. Probably to an unhealthy amount, since that interests me a whole lot more than fantasy RPG's.

Goatface

did something else happen yesterday, or did that vid cause them to earn a ton more yesterday
1697982517241.png

14,498,534 in last 53 days (273,557/day)
1697982351140.png

that rate would hit $634m by the end of the year, but iirc nov/dec have been above avg months for them

Del

Vyemm Raider
CitizenCon was yesterday. It was livestreaming on twitch with around 30-40k viewers.

• 1Like

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Sq42 has moved to beta; looks like they might make that 2030 release date after all!

2023-10-22 22.40.10 www.youtube.com 81db5478ce17.png

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
With over 10+ years of development, we can certainly expect 2 more years of polish phase.

That said, it looks truly amazing, it’s a visual spectacle with some insane set piece. The gameplay they showed doesn’t look that great though. The space combat should be fine because it’s already pretty decent in Star Citizen, but the fps they showed here and in another demo I saw doesn’t look that great. Might just be that person playing didn’t seem to be very good, but the little of what shown doesn’t seem very impressive AI wise.

It was probably the most interesting Citizencon in years, and I’m sure it’s going to drive up their revenue big time for a few months.

Now, again they’re masters at hyping shit up and not delivering. So who knows.

• 1Worf

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
So 2 years until release, then 3 more years until it's actually good like what happened with Cyberpunk?

Maybe by then, GPUs will exist that can run this at 40 fps.

• 1Like

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
After hearing that SQ42's release is just around the corner, I did an emergency withdraw of my 401k account and invested in an armada of boats. I'm hoping to play this by Christmas.

700m4txmnuvb1.png

• 3Worf
  • 1Galaxy Brain
  • 1Seriously?
Reactions: 4 users

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
If SQ42 ends up being half as good as Cyberpunk, it'll still be 10x better than Loadingfield.