Star Trek Beyond (2016)

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
No idea, but a vehicle doesn't just instantaneously go from zero to traveling fast enough to actually pin and kill someone. Probably put it in neutral, got out of the car and walked behind it without it really moving much at all. Then physics and inertia took over.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
No idea, but a vehicle doesn't just instantaneously go from zero to traveling fast enough to actually pin and kill someone. Probably put it in neutral, got out of the car and walked behind it without it really moving much at all. Then physics and inertia took over.
I've tried to get out of a car in neutral a couple times, and I could tell immediately even on level ground, to say nothing of a driveway on a fairly steep incline. I kinda hope he was murdered, because if it wasn't foul play he has to have been high as a kite or one of the dumbest people in the world.

Sludig

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I've tried to get out of a car in neutral a couple times, and I could tell immediately even on level ground, to say nothing of a driveway on a fairly steep incline. I kinda hope he was murdered, because if it wasn't foul play he has to have been high as a kite or one of the dumbest people in the world.
Maybe you could tell, but plenty of idiots don't. Federal employee's seem good at it, and saw plenty of cars rolled into the lanes from where they parked at hospitals before that.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
I guess my question is with the fact that the driveway is apparently 'steep' yet he gets out of the car and walks around behind it not realizing its moving? That seems odd.

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
I guess my question is with the fact that the driveway is apparently 'steep' yet he gets out of the car and walks around behind it not realizing its moving? That seems odd.
It could well be that right when he got out, he realized it was moving, panicked, tried to stop it, and then got pinned. It would be an incredibly stupid thing to do, but it's possible. It would be an awful way to die, that's for sure. He probably slowly asphyxiated while pinned.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
It could well be that right when he got out, he realized it was moving, panicked, tried to stop it, and then got pinned. It would be an incredibly stupid thing to do, but it's possible. It would be an awful way to die, that's for sure. He probably slowly asphyxiated while pinned.
I guess, still seems odd he got entirely behind a Grand Cherokee like that, though. Plus the pictures show the entire gate bent, which makes it seem like it had some room to get up to a few mph, not just pin him against the gate. Just odd.

Dr Neir

Trakanon Raider
First thing most ppl do when noticing the car is moving (depending on where they are from the car), is to grab it and try to stop the overly heavy rolling death machine. I would bet that is what happened and he took a ride to the gate. The best is just to let it go.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Sad to see anybody die so young.

I have been watching a lot of Supernatural recently and all I could think of when I heard what happened was that Dean and Sam needed to be called. This event sounds like a haunting.

Nidhogg

Molten Core Raider
Can't we have original characters with their own identities without reimagining every damn pre-established character? Marvel is doing it, now Star Trek? Cmon people, it's like it isn't okay to be a hetero white male these days. Too main stream.

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
Incredibly vocal minorities have the strongest presence in our media these days. Sort of retarded, in my opinion, but hey whatever.

Takei continues to be a solid dude, and his take is exactly what mine is. I've enjoyed the recent movies but this is a pretty stupid thing to just ham-fistedly shove in. It's tongue in cheek when Sulu does some mildly homo antics, yet is still obviously straight. It's retarded pandering (and not to star trek fans) to make him gay because the actor was. Pretty dumb.

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
First review I read opened with the words "Michael Bay". That's all I need to know.
Lol! Yeah, that's a definite red fucking flag right there. I know they're trying to appeal to a broader audience by making it more action packed and dumbing them down for the unwashed masses, but holy fuck. I don't need my Star Trek to resemble a fucking Fast and Furious movie.

on reimaging..

nobody has issues till it trips their nostalgia & identity.
id make kirk and spock gay/bi, as an adjunt to the plot, just to hear the outcries. it shouldnt make a difference. a blackspiderman, bring it on. itll ellucidate the subtle homophobia but allow for plausible deniablity. bigits wont then be able to relate vicariously with them and will be upset because menwhohavesexwithmen is something less.

making a char gay does not add character depth. it does however allow gay kids to actually to look up to the main character in a more relatable positive light. thats something i NEVER hear. and guess what?.. gay kids have always looked up to straight heroes not because they were straight but because they were heroes. it should go the other way without outcry. generally you couldnt have had gay characters back then. closest things were feminized often implied villans. an interracial kiss was taboo then. im suprised that takei wasnt moved by this -- its a really thoughtful gesture.