Star Trek: Discovery

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Really enjoyed the first episode of the new season, minus the laser pistol on land speeder stuff. Lots of gratuitous starship stuff and a good pace. Will get around to the second later this weekend.

Bald Brah

Bronze Squire
What was the point of making spock have a diverse non binary sister anyway? I turned this crap off with a quickness. I still don't know what they were aiming for with that angle.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
What was the point of making spock have a diverse non binary sister anyway? I still don't know what they were aiming for with that angle.

1712394677015.gif

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
After Picard season 3 I'm good off this crap.
Strange New Worlds is the best of Nu Trek, by far. Discovery Season 2 was so trash that I had pretty much written Trek off, but I don't regret eventually giving Strange New Worlds a watch (I skipped the stupid musical episode). Although, I didn't think Picard was that bad, at least until maybe the end, but I was also comparing it to the trash that is Discovery.

Edit: clarification: only watched season 3 of Picard, skipped 1 & 2.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
  • 1Solidarity

Cybsled

The fact they are actually picking up the Progenitor plotline from TNG that never went anywhere gets big points from me. That always pissed me off when that TNG episode drops probably the biggest scientific discovery in history and it promptly gets ignored for the rest of the show and the other shows

Kajiimagi

<Gold Donor>
I'm also really enjoying Strange New Worlds (except the musical episode). I'll just keep peeking in and see if the season goes anywhere and watch all 10 at once.

Bodhy

Karen
<Banned>
I'm also really enjoying Strange New Worlds (except the musical episode). I'll just keep peeking in and see if the season goes anywhere and watch all 10 at once.
I'm watching Picard, Discovery and SNW simply because of how Star Trek can look properly cool and futuristic with today's technology and production value. As much as I love older Treks the anachronisms do bother me somewhat. But nothing would beat actually having Roddenberry alive.

Although, I think the Enterprises onboard computers (in TNG) bear a surprisingly close resemblance to our modern tablets. That's pretty cool.

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
SNW has been mostly fantastic. The musical episode had 1 or 2 funny parts but the rest was hard to watch cringey. The animated cross-over episode was unexpected, but not bad either!

Grabbit Allworth

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
How prominent is the "strong, black woman" character?

Sorry man, I've just had my fill and I literally have a visceral physical reaction to watching/listening to them speak. It makes me simultaneously ill and angry.

Bald Brah

Bronze Squire
How prominent is the "strong, black woman" character?

Sorry man, I've just had my fill and I literally have a visceral physical reaction to watching/listening to them speak. It makes me simultaneously ill and angry.
Yeah it's not just her it's the girl boss China lady. The girl boss fat lady. Pretty much everyone is a girl boss except for the gay boi sucking off the mushroom tips.

Siliconemelons

Discovery had me for a bit. The alternate evil universe was awesome, until black girl boss literally doomed humanity to being slaves

The few future space pimp Mudd episodes were awesome except they could not let him win, although he should have in all rights.

Then, I press stop once they blow up Kronos before it says "end simulation" and that is the end of Discovery for me.

Watch for the alternate universe and Mudd episodes and no others, its not that bad.

Discovery also gets the award for the only Trek with nudity, of strange nuKlingong boobies for some reason lulzuluz... I could be wrong.. would ST5 Ohura count?

Kiki

Log Wizard
Lorca and Georgio are the only good parts and they are gone sos....

Strange new worlds is like watching the NBA compared to WNBA.

Ome

Molten Core Raider
Discovery is the only show where they constantly show the fattest bitch exercising yet she gets fatter every season.

• 3Worf
  • 1Double Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 4 users

Izo

Tranny Chaser
What is the crying/scene ratio in this season? Can one watch it and not rope (srs)?

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Siliconemelons

Started a rewatch of DS9

Never appreciated how Sisko hefted his big balls up to Picard with his barely tempered hate… dang. He also beat him to the punch and is like “well i am done with starfleet anywho, you took my wife and now this crappy assignment is going to take my son, what are you going to do? Report me?” And Picard is all like… “dismissed”

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Started a rewatch of DS9

Never appreciated how Sisko hefted his big balls up to Picard with his barely tempered hate… dang. He also beat him to the punch and is like “well i am done with starfleet anywho, you took my wife and now this crappy assignment is going to take my son, what are you going to do? Report me?” And Picard is all like… “dismissed”

And he gets to punch Q in the face!

• 3Like