Star Trek: Discovery

Kajiimagi

<Gold Donor>
IN general: been a trekkie all my life. For the fucking life of me I've never understood why the deck chairs don't have seat belts.

This series: watched this, season (series?) finalie. All the seasons didn't make one bit of sense to me. Special effects were really good though.

Now back to watching Voyager, turns out I missed most of the episodes.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Oldbased

> Than U
Trigger warning for any living intelligent life out there.
The very end of the season introduces us to the United Earth POTUS and she is Stacey Adams or whatever that fat slob hog from Georgia is.
It's full retard.

• 1Worf
  • 1Rustled
Reactions: 1 users

ShakyJake

<Donor>
The very end of the season introduces us to the United Earth POTUS and she is Stacey Adams or whatever that fat slob hog from Georgia is.
It's full retard.
Yeah I'm officially done with this garbage.

• 1Like

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
It's full retard.

I don't believe you, sorry! They totally fixed obesity in the far future, just watch any old Trek!

/denial IS just a river in Egypt

• 1Like

Cybsled

The one thing I did like is the 10-C alien concept - extremely alien in both how they view other life or even communicate. Plus they weren't bad or evil, they just didn't realize what they were doing was causing damage to intelligent life because their concept of intelligence was so different than ours. It would be like if you were paving your driveway and some ants walk up and spell out the word "stop" in front of you.

• 1Like

Cybsled

Sort of, I guess. Taking them out of the TOS timeline was a good idea, but it still doesn’t really feel like “Star Trek” outside of brief scenes or bits

• 1Like

Arative

Vyemm Raider
Did it get better? One of the reviewers I watch stopped talking about it after the second season.
I watched the first season when it first came out and just last week watched season two and three. I'll say it gets better. Pike and Spock were the highlight of season two, which is why I like strange new worlds.

Season three is an improvement over the first two. I haven't watched season 4 yet

• 1Like

Qhue

Trump's Staff
Interesting that they are ending it with season 5...and that said season is over a year away. With Picard's final run currently airing that leaves Lower Decks and Strange New Worlds carrying the torch.

I know I only subbed to Paramount+ for Star Trek. I can easily see dropping that entirely now and just picking it up whenever Strange New Worlds drops a season.

TBT-TheBigToe

Gemcutter
<Gold Donor>
Don't subscribe to a service for one or two shows, accept that your destiny lies in the open waters of Privateering. They do not deserve your money.

Cybsled

Don't subscribe to a service for one or two shows, accept that your destiny lies in the open waters of Privateering. They do not deserve your money.

Yes, because the best way to get shows, games, and movies you like funded is to make sure they don't make money!

TBT-TheBigToe

Gemcutter
<Gold Donor>
Yes, because the best way to get shows, games, and movies you like funded is to make sure they don't make money!
I disagree with how split up the market is and don't think people should have to pay to subscribe in order to watch one show. I would rather watch it for free with commercial breaks than pay for a service with only one thing worth watching and certainly would pirate it when it's been garbage like Star Trek, Star Wars, Dr. Who, Marvel, DC (Just kidding DC has always been trash), and every other franchise people like you pay for has become. Stop rewarding these asshole for shitting on the things we loved.

That said, if you like the new Trek (or whatever) that's cool too. Fucking sad, but cool.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Paying for Netflix got me shittier Netflix. And shitty competitors. Why didn't I get a better Netflix?

Supporting creators is an ideal that is inversely effective to the size of the entity controlling the content.

• 1Like

Qhue

Trump's Staff
When I was a poor grad student I embraced the skull and crossbones but vowed that when I was able I would make sure to compensate content creators in order to ensure that they continued to make stuff. I am perfectly fine with paying my $10 or whatever a month to have Trek year round... but I'm not willing to pay it if there's nothing I want on that service for 9 out of 12 months in a year.

• 1Like