Star Trek: Discovery

ShakyJake

<Donor>
Predict the spore drive will be technically infeasible for "reasons" after a few episodes.
I don't even understand how it works. So they need the Tardigrade in order to navigate through the universal-spore-system, but how does it even know where they want to go? It's fucking stupid. Who are the idiots that think of this garbage? I totally don't mind techno-babble, but none of this shit is grounded in any form of science whatsoever.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I don't even understand how it works. So they need the Tardigrade in order to navigate through the universal-spore-system, but how does it even know where they want to go? It's fucking stupid. Who are the idiots that think of this garbage? I totally don't mind techno-babble, but none of this shit is grounded in any form of science whatsoever.
That's because the entire plot is taken from the anime, martian successor nadesico.

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande

Dude, Tardigrades and homo sapien fudgepackers are the only two sentient species in the Starfleet database that are compatible with the Poz Drive.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
So your saying its weeb as fuck?
If in later episodes they start using humans as spore navigators and the only way to make correct jumps is to put them in a VR world, bc they're going crazy, then yea, some 40yr old saw this anime when they were a teen and he now has a chance to put it into a trek script.

Vycron

Derives Perverse Pleasure
<Gold Donor>
I haven't seen past episode 3. Have they explained what her roommate's special needs are besides being a chubby ginger with horrible skin?

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Wasn't it god(s) as the other races saw their main or 2ndary deity? they just for human didnt want to put Jesus or something so it was an angel like thing for human - but the others I thought they said a name of a god.

The actual long term 5 year arch was why B5 was awesome- and why DS9 became awesome because they started to have a long goal - same way why I think Discovery could be good if they have even a 1 season start-middle-end

I'm still holding onto hope that the B5 movie reboot will happen, be successful and spawn a return to the series. JMS knows Sci-Fi.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
I didnt watch after E3, is it really getting that bad?

ShakyJake

<Donor>
I'm still holding onto hope that the B5 movie reboot will happen, be successful and spawn a return to the series. JMS knows Sci-Fi.
I don't know why Netflix, Amazon Studios, or any of the others haven't taken a stab at good scifi space opera.

Rime

<Donor>
Money. 'Good' space shows are almost always expensive and have a history of not being worth it or making it long enough to hit the syndication sweet spot.

sukik

I'd love to see another JMS space opera, but his last two shows only lasted two seasons each(Jeremiah & Sense8). I don't have much hope.

Vaclav

I don't know why Netflix, Amazon Studios, or any of the others haven't taken a stab at good scifi space opera.

If I was a betting man, I'd say that's why JMS wants to do his $100m B5 theatrical movie, as a proof of concept for the streaming studios to be woo'ed.

dizzie

Triggered Happy

Iain M Banks whole culture series would make some decent sci-fi. Not sure why it's not been done in films or TV as there's loads of lore and some awesome stories in there. The books are great, but i'm sure most of you would have read them anyway.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
I’m pirating it out of principle even if i dont watch them. Fuck our netflix subs paying to make this show and making us paywall to watch. Cock suckas!

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I’m pirating it out of principle even if i dont watch them. Fuck our netflix subs paying to make this show and making us paywall to watch. Cock suckas!
isn't everyone pirating it? i mean whose dumb enough to pay 9.99 for this shit?

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user