Star Trek: Discovery

Chris

Potato del Grande
So I haven't watched anything past episode 9, and I hear the latest episodes kind of make up for that, but I'm still hesitant because of how blatantly irritating it is that this show claims to call itself Star Trek. But you know, I would be totally down with it if they surprised the shit out of me by killing the "main character". 10/10 if that happens.
Everything past the mid season break is amazing. Maybe the first mirror universe episode is a little slow, but they deliver in the next ones.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Qhue

Trump's Staff
Ash/Voq is a very interesting character now. I sometimes think they had the end game planned out in terms of characterization and then worked backwards.

Well that was a fucked up ending

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
59792D9A-D110-4EE7-A59C-A4C8F022BEF1.jpeg

• 9Picard
Reactions: 8 users

Lenas

Trump's Staff
One of the best seasons of Trek I've ever watched. Looking forward to the next one.

• 4Picard
  • 1Like
Reactions: 4 users

Valishar

Molten Core Raider
The ending... is very rushed considering the build-up.

The twitter post is hilarious though. If taking over the Klingon patriarchy means you have to hold your entire race hostage, it's not really a step in the progressive direction.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Lenas

Trump's Staff
If taking over the Klingon patriarchy means you have to hold your entire race hostage, it's not really a step in the progressive direction.
Please propose something that would make more sense. Progression in our understanding doesn't exactly apply to a war-torn society of interstellar barbarians.

• 1Like

Ome

Molten Core Raider
Final episode left me soft. They sure do assume a lot such a L'rell not saying thanks for giving me the power to unite my people under my command. Now let me start off the party with wiping you guys out. MB is a notorious breaker of any order she doesn't like. How many times do you get to say I'm doing it my way and get rewarded for doing so. I mean if the gamble backfires you are responsible for the fall of Earth and countless other worlds such as Vulcan etc. Way to risk it all on feels. Woman power everywhere...you get some, you get some, here's some for you. We get it already. Wish I had four hands for this episode.

• 1Like

velk

Trakanon Raider
Man, I can see why they went where they did, but

I was so hoping for someone to shoot L'Rell when she declared herself the boss and then have the bomb go off ;p

The ending was depressingly sappy, but very star trek, even down to only the bridge crew getting medals ( except for the black guy, coz fuck him, he doesn't even have a name anyway ;p ).

Pet peeve - why would L'Rell give a flying fuck about anything the Federation wanted ? Maybe it was the way they made her murder her boyfriend and then tortured her ?

• 1Like

Qhue

Trump's Staff
Yeah the whole solution left me scratching my head. That and apparently we are just going to forget the ability to instantly teleport anywhere exists because its a scary thing. Oh and if we aren't hitting the reset button and in fact the Klingon War did nearly destroy the Federation, where the hell were Captain April and the Enterprise in all this craziness?

Between Lorca, Georgiou, Culber, Tyler, and L'rel they've managed to ditch a large number of the major cast members so I guess either they have to contrive a way for them to get back together or next season will be needing lots of new people.

• 1Like

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
One eyed helms girl was on shenzou along with squid guy and black girl (the attack is how she ended up with one eye and scar), she shoulda been like, wow Philippa is back!!! Tho she sounds pretty evil, and considering we just spored out of an evil universe?... Naw I'm too dumb, I'll just steer the ship.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Xenrauk

Trakanon Raider
A lot of stuff they did in the first half was back story, but it could have been shortened.
Once they entered the mirror universe it got a hell of a lot better.
The ending was pretty meh.

I suppose L'Rell wouldn't just turn around and attack the federation because if the feds wanted they could port Discovery back to the planet and do some other damage if they needed to.

Enterprise shows up in the end, I would guess they were on the front lines the entire time, but their coms were breaking up, which either that was to mask the surprise for a little more until they showed the ship, or something fishy was going on there. Also the timelines are, Captain April 2245-50, Captain Pike 2254-62, War 2256-57, Kirk graduates from the academy 2257 but doesn't get the enterprise until 2265, in the prime universe anyways.

The spore drive is now offline until they can figure out a non human navigator, but in the prime universe it is never used again, so this is a loose end that needs tying up. I suppose next season will start their "5 year mission" of exploration.

• 1Like

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Amazingly, they managed to flesh out the Defiant storyline while also making it even more complicated and confusing. It was patrolling Tholian space is 2256, was caught in an interspacial phasing caused by a tricobalt explosion set off by the Tholians a hundred years prior. Kirk's actions sent the ship entirely into the alternate universe around 2150-60. Alternate Archer discovered the ship, recovered it, and it was brought back to Terran Earth. Hoshi Sato was empress, so I'm wondering if Crouching Tiger is her offspring? Alternate Terrans should technically be 100 years more advanced courtesy of the Defiant, which isn't something we see directly in Discovery, but explains their dominance in their universe.

USS Defiant (NCC-1764)

• 1Like

ShakyJake

<Donor>
Shit finale. However,

The Enterprise looks amazing!

Made me start thinking, since they wanted to go all prequel, they should have done a series with Pike at the helm of the Enterprise instead of this STD nonsense.

• 1Like

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Maybe in season 2 they can warp back in time but instead of saving the whales they can stop white male patricarchy.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Qhue

Trump's Staff
So they confirmed that Shazad Latif will be back for season 2 which they start filming in March, so clearly not everything will be hunky dory with the way the war ended.

• 1Like