Star Trek: Discovery

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Perhaps everyone is much shorter in the future resulting in shorter chairs but Riker is still one of the tall ones.

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
I did notice that, just because it was so odd. I just chalked it up to Riker being Riker.

spronk

FPS noob
since theres no Babylon 5 thread, interesting talk from a recent con with the remaining cast/crew of Babylon 5, where the creator (JMS) reveals the reason the first commander, Michael O'Hare, left the show. He basically suffered from mental illness, paranoia, and delusions. Its crazy he was even able to keep it together for the first season.
http://www.blastr.com/2013-5-28/stra...left-babylon-5

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
When does TNG actually get good? I know everybody is touting the end of season 2/Season 3+ as when DS9 starts kicking ass, but I'm on a slow ass slog through TNG. I can only get through 1-2 episodes every other day or so. The stories are just so silly thus far. Riker being a badass and Stewart are the only things saving it. The chick that plays Troi is fucking godawful. Seriously one of the worst actresses ever.

spronk

FPS noob
not until either riker grows a beard or season 3, i forget. For all these scifi shows (DS9, b5, farscape, tng, stargate, etc) skip any episode that sucks (90% of the first 1-2 seasons) and go back and rewatch when you are done. you'll appreciate the little things and the show goes by much better/faster. Still, much of TNG was basically bad thing technobabble last minute save done, but these shows are not like 24 or lost where missing a few things in the first season or two will mess up the story. TNG was more or less a serial scifi show, you can watch any episode and rarely need to know what happened before.

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
When does TNG actually get good? I know everybody is touting the end of season 2/Season 3+ as when DS9 starts kicking ass, but I'm on a slow ass slog through TNG. I can only get through 1-2 episodes every other day or so. The stories are just so silly thus far. Riker being a badass and Stewart are the only things saving it. The chick that plays Troi is fucking godawful. Seriously one of the worst actresses ever.
Troi was always a terrible character. She was there for the tits. Personally, I don't find her very attractive at all, and she sounds idiotic most of the time. I know that her lines were written for her, but I've heard interviews with her, too. She's kind of a dumb.

Tits:
http://www.nitrovideo.com/trial/cont...blind_date.jpg

Lusiphur

Peasant
Finally decided to power through DS9 given everybody says it gets good. Gave up in disgust back in the day at the middle of Season 1. Season 1 still isn't any better but I am finding the grainy SD more annoying than the stories atm.

The Ancient_sl

shitlord
Troi was always a terrible character. She was there for the tits. Personally, I don't find her very attractive at all, and she sounds idiotic most of the time. I know that her lines were written for her, but I've heard interviews with her, too. She's kind of a dumb.
But what about this gripping piece of cinema:

Bodger

Silver Knight of the Realm
Hypnotizing....

Found it after analyzing the Riker sitting down flick over and over.

spronk

FPS noob
tng 25th anniversary reunion @ con last year, if this doesnt make you want to rewatch tng you are probably a borg

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
Why does Wesley get to sit next to Frakes and Stewart?

Shouldn't he be sitting on a stool by himself somewhere off to the side?

Izo

Tranny Chaser
He's a Q now. He can probably make Prometheus a good movie, too
wink.png

wesley-crusher.jpeg