Star Trek: Discovery

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
2.18 star(s) Rating: 2.18/5 17 Votes
Title: Star Trek: Discovery

Genre: Sci-Fi & Fantasy

First aired: 2017-09-24

Creator: Bryan Fuller, Alex Kurtzman

Cast: Doug Jones, Anthony Rapp, Jason Isaacs, Mary Wiseman, Shazad Latif, Sonequa Martin-Green

Overview: Ten years before Kirk, Spock, and the Enterprise there was Discovery. Star Trek, one of the most iconic and influential global television franchises, returns 50 years after it first premiered featuring a new ship, new characters and new missions, while embracing the same ideology and hope for the future that inspired a generation of dreamers and doers.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
Star Trek: Discovery
ihvG9dCEnVU3gmMUftTkRICNdJf.jpg

Genre: Sci-Fi & Fantasy

First aired: 2017-03-01

Creator: Bryan Fuller

Cast: Doug Jones, Anthony Rapp, Jason Isaacs, Mary Wiseman, Shazad Latif, Sonequa Martin-Green

Overview: Star Trek: Discovery is an upcoming American television series created by Bryan Fuller and Alex Kurtzman for CBS All Access, due to premiere in January 2017. It is the first series produced specifically for that service, and the first Star Trek series since Star Trek: Enterprise concluded in 2005. Set to premiere on CBS in January 2017 before moving to All Access, the series will introduce new characters to the Star Trek franchise, and will not be related to the 2016 film Star Trek Beyond. Fuller serves as showrunneron the series.

spinnaker

reformed lurker
<Bronze Donator>
Let's lift a glass of Kanar to the best ST character of all time.

nbz8e.jpg

nbz8e.jpg

nbz8e.jpg

• 1Like

Wuyley_sl

shitlord
I LOVED TNG and couldn't stand TOS so I decided to download the entire DS9 series. I got threw about 10 episodes of the first season and said fuck this shit. I think I got to the point where the Bajorian priest chick died on that regen planet and would have to live there forever or else the little microbots wouldn't work or something. I am tempted to just skip ahead to when Worf joins them and kicks ass in the Federation cloaking ship but my ass is so Type A that I would have to see everything before it just because. Woe is me.....

Tananthalas

<Gold Donor>
Seconded, DS9 season one and two are a little rough it gets really fucking good though. My wife's favorite Trek is DS9 (despite my bets efforts to beat it out of her) mine is TNG.

Arkk

Lord Nagafen Raider
Agreed. I absolutely hated DS9 originally, and pretty much refused to give it a second shot. A couple years ago I decided it was time to go back and start watching the various series again, until all I had left was DS9.

I manned up and decided to power through it, one way or the other. A few episodes in, I wanted to claw my goddamn eyes out. Slowly but surely, I started coming around, and by somewhere in the 2nd season, I was completely hooked. The show (specifically, episode "The Magnificent Ferengi") even managed to make me not hate the Ferengi. By the time I finished season 7, I was quite disappointed to see it go.

nuday

Golden Squire
I don't care to admit this: I would love a new series, even it it means basing it off the Abramsverse. Lense flare and all.

Therage

Vyemm Raider
Worf pitched a show about Capt. Worf. I don't think it got too much energy behind it though. Hopefully if the movie does well their might be a series following it.

Jefferson_sl

shitlord
rrr_img_358.jpg

I was about to say what Arkk said having only glanced through the comments. DS9 is a different beast because the station pretty much stays put in one local. The shifting alliances and ongoing war create an amazing setting to explore many concepts that don't usually get much Trek attention, by playing with the concepts faith and god throughout the series and turning away from the episodic nature of the other Star Trek series; DS9 creates a dramatic continuous story that was very rocky until TNG wrapped up (TNG, DS9 and Voyager were all sunning at the same time for 2 years). After the first 2 seasons there is a depth of character that is unmatched in any other Trek series.

Garak was the shit, he was only supposed to be in one episode and stole the show and "The Magnificent Ferengi" is by far the funniest episode of Trek ever and "More Trouble with Tribbles" is mind-blowing for it's attention to detail and just how hard it was to pull off; the behind the scenes is a must watch for any fan.

rrr_img_358.jpg

rrr_img_358.jpg

Arkk

Lord Nagafen Raider
"Trials and Tribble-ations," sir. "More Trouble, More Tribbles" was from the animated series.

• 1Like

Ko Dokomo_sl

shitlord
I LOVED TNG and couldn't stand TOS so I decided to download the entire DS9 series. I got threw about 10 episodes of the first season and said fuck this shit. I think I got to the point where the Bajorian priest chick died on that regen planet and would have to live there forever or else the little microbots wouldn't work or something. I am tempted to just skip ahead to when Worf joins them and kicks ass in the Federation cloaking ship but my ass is so Type A that I would have to see everything before it just because. Woe is me.....
There are some very good episodes of DS9 in Season 1 and 2, you just have to dig for them.
I would suggest "The Nagus" 1-11, "Duet 1-19, "In the Hands of the Prophets" 1-20, "Rules of Acquisition" 2-07 "Sanctuary" 2-10, and "Blood Oath" 2-19

I have to say that DS9 was really ahead of it's time in talking about religious extremism and foreign occupation. What we take for granted nearly 20 years later (yes, DS9 premiered in 1993) was the universe that they built in the very first season.

TV show information provided by The Movie Database