Star Trek - Into Darkness

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
looks ok. looks exactly like the first one actually. do star trek villains in abrams world ever do anything bad that isnt motivated by revenge?

Siliconemelons

Was "veger" a villan?
Kahn...revenge...
Klingons in 3...mmmm... somwwhat revenge?
Probe thing in 4? does that count? like "Veger"?
Sybok...wtf is 5 anywho
Klingons in 6...deff revenge...

Dude in Generations is revenge...or more like emo angsty QQ ima wanna be in paradise
Borg.... you could call it some vengance as the queen wanted to get picard back and are always picking on federation because its one of the few things that has resisted them.
Insurrection was revenge of the QQ we dont like being space amish children
Clone picard was soo regvenge also.

so with that...in terms of ST movies... revenge is a fairly consistant thing, its faster to set up and resolve.. better for movies than seasons of episodes etc

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Even if you ignore the main plot of the dude trying to get back paradise or whatever in generations, the Duras sisters had a long standing revenge plot against Worf and presumably the Enterprise as well

Ko Dokomo_sl

shitlord
Eh, Klingons in 3 were motivated by an somewhat irrational fear of the Federation with a superweapon. Heck, the Starfleet beauracracy was as much a villan. 6 was also not revenge based. It was once again fear of the Federation with a decisive advantage in galactic strength. So sure, go with revenge as a motivator for villany in TNG movies, but those sucked so who cares. TOS movies are based on fear.

lordvanduu_sl

shitlord
How long until we get some fucking Klingons in these Star Trek movies? I didn't even feel like the Romulans in the last one were real Romulans. I liked the last movie, but didn't really like the villains.

Siliconemelons

Eh, Klingons in 3 were motivated by an somewhat irrational fear of the Federation with a superweapon. Heck, the Starfleet beauracracy was as much a villan. 6 was also not revenge based. It was once again fear of the Federation with a decisive advantage in galactic strength. So sure, go with revenge as a motivator for villany in TNG movies, but those sucked so who cares. TOS movies are based on fear.
Yeah, TNG yes, TOS I agree... 6 however has many aspects...thats why its one of the best IMO... the evens are awesome...2/4/6...first contact... :)

Ko Dokomo_sl

shitlord
I dunno. I used to enjoy First Contact, if just for the action. Then I watched the Plinkett review and realized that what First Contact should have been was a 2 hour version of "I, Borg".

Siliconemelons

The part I dont like about FirstContact is that the Federation just cannot fight worth a shit, no matter what... even in the DS9 war stuff they are just terribad...nor do they learn from past experiance...its like "We lost 90% of our fleet during the battle of XXXXX, then Picard/Worf/Sisko came in and won the day....so if this ever happens again.....just rush in and get rapesauced again and wait for "the man" to win it all."

But overall I enjoyed the movie, the space zombies are cool...err borg... and the slightly darker tone was a nice change from kirk and picard riding horses.

Arkk

Lord Nagafen Raider
How long until we get some fucking Klingons in these Star Trek movies? I didn't even feel like the Romulans in the last one were real Romulans. I liked the last movie, but didn't really like the villains.
I seem to recall them saying prior to the first movie that they wanted to avoid them (at least at the time) because no matter how they're portrayed, it was going to end up with one pissed off fanboy camp or the other.

rrr_img_2556.jpg

rrr_img_2556.jpg

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
the original fu manchu klingons were best, but i guess thats a little too racist for 2012. i dont like the homeless bum with head trauma klingons either. i guess they could come up with a new take on klingons. and that way both fanboys can bitch about it equally.

Angerz

Trakanon Raider
I believe he will be introduced in the IDW comics starting in January. They did a prequel series to the last movie and are doing the same for this one.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Sure wish I could watch that trailer, Quicktime keeps telling me I need to install it when it's already installed and up to date....so I uninstalled it and reinstalled it and it just keeps telling me the same thing.

I fucking hate Quicktime.