Star Trek: Lower Decks

lgarthy

<Silver Donator>
I finished watching all of them.

It starts off very uneven in season 1. By season 2 it hits it strides and, at times, is very VERY good. Like SNW, it gets Trek. It also is meta, and is without question is the most easter-egg filled, best-researched Trek creation ever (without being nauseating). By the middle of season 2, the characters are developed enough to have some really good episodes. When it is on-point, it scores huge! I mean how MANY Trek levels deep is
Cetacean Ops with the beluga whales named Kimola and MAtt? I laughed out loud!

It's enjoyable, rich, funny, and can be both superficial and poignant. Sure, it has it's "woke-ness" but sometimes it makes fun of its own SJW themes.

It has become a very good, entertaining, Trek show. Plus, the season 2 finale is a great cliffhanger episode.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

lgarthy

<Silver Donator>
New season is ongoing and it rocks.

If Lord of the Rings paid 10% of the attention and reverence to the source material as this show does, it would be way better.

Seriously, this show is immensely funny and deep and clever. Very reverent but completely unique.

Brilliant stuff. I shed a tear when the crew lifted off in the Cochrane exhibit and they played Jerry Goldsmith's theme music.

Qhue

Trump's Staff
Lower Decks being a completely faithful Star Trek show with some actual bite to some episodes has been one of the most remarkable things about this new era of Trek. It honors the stories and world building of the main series in a irreverent-yet-also-reverential way that is just damn smart.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Qhue

Trump's Staff
The Lower Decks / Strange New Worlds crossover episode dropped today as a surprise

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Cybsled

I know it was a joke episode, but it has probably been my favorite one of the entire series lol

Boimler getting deeply unsettled by Spock showing emotion had me laughing hard

Last edited:
  • 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

spronk

FPS noob
yeah i binged Lower Decks recently and really enjoyed it. If you've watched all of TNG, Voyager, and DS9 its 100% worth a watch and goes by really fast. the 2 main characters are a bit boring but the side characters are great

i guess the leads are in this weeks episode of Strange New Worlds in live action format too, that'll be cool to watch (haven't started s2 yet)