Star Trek: Picard

Unidin

Molten Core Raider
It was decent for a finale. I do appreciate they actually gave a stronger acknowledgment to Khan and the 90s. Other stuff

So the Travellers are part of the Watchers (Gary 7) and trying to protect the timeline? Kind of an interesting detail. It’s too bad Picard couldn’t tell Wesley to shut up one last time lol

Q dying (or implied to be) seemed kind forced, although I kind of like how Picard being chosen had more to do with the fact Q just liked him vs it being some cosmic importance. He just wanted to make sure his favorite human would be ok and be there when he died. I do find it interesting Q says he was going to die alone, which either suggests the Q kicked him out or something happened to them?

Anyways, I’m sure the transwrap things will tie into the S1 threat and the final season will focus on the galaxy teaming up to stop it
Who's on the other side? Is it the dominion? Maybe they should put a space station next to the Borg ship. Call it deep space something. Maybe 9?

Cybsled

My guess is the transwarp thing will end up being those "kill all organic life" AI that the androids tried to summon in season 1.

ShakyJake

<Donor>
so yeah the show is absolutely an unmitigated disaster and waste of time but man the RLM videos covering season 2 are absolute gold, you can go in blind since the show makes no fucking sense anyways and they cover the threadbare plot, 100% recommend watching the 4 or 5 episodes they did covering the entire season. Haven't laughed this hard in a long time

its awesome from how they are semi hopeful in the beginning, "oh this wasn't so bad it was nice seeing Q" to the wretchedness that comes off their faces by the end

"I don't think women should wear hats indoors"

Torrid

Molten Core Raider
By far the worst show I've ever seen. It was genuinely painful to get through. The cringe was so hard that I had to pause episodes numerous times to recuperate. I just don't have the stamina to play these episodes without interruption. I cannot fathom for a moment how this show got green-lit. It pisses all over Roddenberry's grave and if the afterlife were real he would be cursing the names of everybody involved with the production. That his son was involved is an absolute betrayal. TNG's actors are morons and the only reason why TNG was so great is because of the writers and Roddenberry's demands. Nothing about this show made any fucking sense at all. It was the laziest, most careless and amateurish writing ever. It's painfully obvious they did not watch TNG or they have the memory of a goldfish; and considering the amount of plot holes in this both may be true. This show is evidence for the collapse of Western culture. If the reviews for this show are not fake then I've lost hope for humanity. I would be for a constitutional amendment carve-out to bar the writers of this show from producing any more film or television or otherwise exile them from our society. The harm Secret Hideout has done to a once beloved franchise is absolutely fatal. Star Trek is dead, Jim. Not only is it dead, but I can no longer consider Picard to be the best captain. This show absolutely humiliates the character in every episode and it's just sad to watch. The show has no redeeming qualities what-so-ever. It's trash from start to finish. If you liked anything about this show then your opinion is wrong and I question your sanity.

I had to keep watching for two reasons: 1) the curiosity of seeing just how bad it could possibly get, sort of like watching a train wreck of oil taker cars that explode in a chain reaction next to a nuclear plant that causes a Chernobyl; and 2) to watch Nerdrotic and RLM takedowns. RLM's Picard season 1 video was gutbustingly hilarious. Nowadays Youtube critiques of TV shows are better than the shows themselves.

RIP Trek

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

spronk

FPS noob
The RLM videos were spot on, Picard the show has Patrick Stewart playing himself, not Jean Luc Picard. The show was done because there was shit he wanted to say about immigration, racism, xenophobia, borders (Brexit), ICE, racism, and in season 2 it just went off the deep end dealing with suicide, childhood trauma, etc. None of it has anything to do with Jean Luc Picard, but apparently its all shit Patrick Stewart has been struggling with his life. Make a shitty one man stage play out of it and circle jerk it out, but nope he had to ruin Trek canon.

Oh well, it was still a hilarious watch of season 2. Loved Mike's point that the entire season 2 arc is completely invalidated by the episode The Inner Light, where Picard experiences a full lifetime of family and joy/heartbreak/love but apparently none of the writers or Stewart watched TNG lol

also their concern with "we gotta not fuck shit up to preserve the timeline" goes right out the door in the finale, leaving behind someone, having dozens of borg soldiers stuck in the walls in 2024 France, yadda yadda.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

spronk

FPS noob
one of the writers talking about who will be the villain for Season 3, guess its a new character but played by a famous actor who has never been on Trek

Keanu Reeves? Nicolas Cage? Probably not lol

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
one of the writers talking about who will be the villain for Season 3, guess its a new character but played by a famous actor who has never been on Trek

Keanu Reeves? Nicolas Cage? Probably not lol

Millions of times you say…

1653818410048.jpeg

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
Just finished the second season. I very much enjoyed it. It felt like real Star Trek.
In what way? Other than some of the actors, in what way was any of this reminiscent of "real Star Trek" whatsoever?

• 1Solidarity

Torrid

Molten Core Raider
I am convinced that the showrunners and everybody who claims to like this show are trolls. It's the only explanation that makes any sense to me.

• 1Like

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
In what way? Other than some of the actors, in what way was any of this reminiscent of "real Star Trek" whatsoever?

I mean, maybe the last 3 minutes of the last episode was somewhat Star Trekky?? I don't even think I can play Devils' Advocate(tm) here... Lurking has to be trolling us :p

• 1Picard

spronk

FPS noob

the season will take place on the holodeck where barclay has made everyone a gay pedophile, picard will clap as beverly pegs geordi in the eyes

• 1Like

Cybsled

Well, at least Worf looks normal and not like that Discovery Klingon shit

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Grez

Trakanon Raider
Why didn't we just get a show where he's the captain? Woulda been a million times better. Postbellum (Dominion War) Alpha Quadrant is ripe for new story telling. Maybe a Romulan civil war (post Shinzon)?

Oh well :(

Last edited:
  • 1Like

lgarthy

<Silver Donator>
Torrid; I feel your wrath...

This series (like so many these days) was fucking PAINFUL to get through. I had to do it with breaks. Each with the every-dying hope that it would get better. I've put up with a lot for my half-century love of Trek... Just when I was thinking that we are in Trek's golden age with a shows like Strange New Worlds and Lower Decks, I am reminded that there was a whole lot of crap Trek (more crap than good) since TOS went off the air.

And yeah-- TOS has some ripe turds (like almost all of season 3), but at least they cranked out 26+ episodes a year...

But I tire of overly bloated subscription series that spend more time spending more time than creating a tight, smart, well-paced story. Holy shit, this show didn't need to be TWENTY fucking episodes long. I can follow the primary story line easily enough. And, it was a simple enough time travel tale that I could have enjoyed with some of the old TNG cast. Had it been done in the spirit of First Contact, it could have been fun. First Contact, dare I say, is actually the best of all the Star Trek films (even if it may never be the fans' favorite). I am sure some genius somewhere is finding a way to remake First Contact as an 8-hour trilogy...

Not only was the length of Picard season 2 abhorrent, but it strove (too hard) to jam as many social justice themes as it could conceive into it's Odyssean epic length. Fucking obnoxious.

I hung in for the entire duration for Trek and felt like I was slowly raped for my fandom. I am calling bullshit on Picard's tortured youth and bullshit on the LBTQ/homo-alien/noble immigant themes. It can have any of those elements if they add or are key to the story. But none of them were. Plus they ventured into pure stupidity. Jesus; I WISH America had little home-grown LA free clinics that could manage major trauma and cardiac arrest... Please, I'm becoming unhinged.

When I finally made it to the last episode, the person I was watching with said the following, "Wow, now Seven of Nine can do sixty nine."

Why is so hard to just tell a competent, reasonable, tight, story based on characters that the audience already knows?

My challenge question-- HOW MANY shitty, bloated, torturous, sequels can we be fed? Which am I missing (I bet a lot)?
1) Trek, Picard
2) Star Wars; almost everything after Return of the Jedi
3) Harry Potter post The Half Blood Prince
4) Stranger Things (post year 1)
5) Lord of the Rings / Hobbit remakes
6) Haunting of Bly Manor