Star Trek: Picard

spronk

FPS noob

nothing special he talks a bit about TNG, shakespeare, jonathan frakes, and magneto and pitbulls

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
If anyone hasn't seen Chaos on the Bridge

https://m.media-amazon.com/images/M/MV5BMjc4Nzk5MDY0OV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwODQ3MjQ0NjE@._V1_UY268_CR9,0,182,268_AL_.jpg

It's a documentary about the transition to and creation of TNG and all the shit they went through in the early seasons staying on the air. It's even hosted by Shatner! I thought it was pretty good.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Kirk was the best because he's the man all boys want to grow up to be. Diplomatic but not afraid to fire phasers when needed, and plows the local alien princess only to warp 5 outta there before she can get his number. He was like the fucking James Bond of space. Picard was a boring geriatric soy pansy that rarely left the bridge and the rest of the cast were a bunch of ableist or diversity whiners except for maybe Worf and Riker. I watched all the TNG episodes out of principle, but with the exception of the borg storyline it was mostly "babysitting in space". Data/Troi episodes were the worst, and/or anything involving the holodeck.

Also at it's core, TOS was about exploration and the unknown. Almost every episode was them exploring something unfamiliar.. TNG was all pretty much established space with known planets, with constant dipomatic and alien ferrying episodes. The "unknown exploration" aspect is far more interesting to me, which is probably why I liked Voyager.

Possibly the worst post of the entire thread.

• 3Like
  • 1Garbage
Reactions: 3 users

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Kirk was the best because he's the man all boys want to grow up to be. Diplomatic but not afraid to fire phasers when needed, and plows the local alien princess only to warp 5 outta there before she can get his number. He was like the fucking James Bond of space. Picard was a boring geriatric soy pansy that rarely left the bridge and the rest of the cast were a bunch of ableist or diversity whiners except for maybe Worf and Riker. I watched all the TNG episodes out of principle, but with the exception of the borg storyline it was mostly "babysitting in space". Data/Troi episodes were the worst, and/or anything involving the holodeck.

Also at it's core, TOS was about exploration and the unknown. Almost every episode was them exploring something unfamiliar.. TNG was all pretty much established space with known planets, with constant dipomatic and alien ferrying episodes. The "unknown exploration" aspect is far more interesting to me, which is probably why I liked Voyager.

This forgets all the badass stuff Picard did with the Klingons during the Succession shit. Don't get me wrong, Janeway and Archer are whatevs, and while I love Sisko eventually by the end of DS9, Kirk and Picard are in a top tier all their own (for different reasons).

Malakriss

Short clip at the start of his Colbert appearance, answers a couple questions hinted at by the trailer

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
This forgets all the badass stuff Picard did with the Klingons during the Succession shit. Don't get me wrong, Janeway and Archer are whatevs, and while I love Sisko eventually by the end of DS9, Kirk and Picard are in a top tier all their own (for different reasons).

Janeway was hot garbage. Voyager was great because of the Doctor, 7 of 9, and the story lines involving the borg, the organ stealing aliens, and species 742 or whatever they were called. Many individual great episodes too, like the advanced Starfleet vessel that had been hijacked by romulans and the doctor has to save the ship with the other hologram. Archer was mediocre but I liked Enterprise as a whole. Sisko was alright-- at least he had Kirk style balls but it was presented in such a cliche "angry black man" type of way.

I mean Picard was the best acted out of the bunch, but the character itself I just found so boring. He had no obvious failings/flaws and was just boring and predictable all around imho. He was a 60+ year old boy scout. Kirk was flawed and that's what made him great imho.

Merrith

Janeway was hot garbage. Voyager was great because of the Doctor, 7 of 9, and the story lines involving the borg, the organ stealing aliens, and species 742 or whatever they were called. Many individual great episodes too, like the advanced Starfleet vessel that had been hijacked by romulans and the doctor has to save the ship with the other hologram. Archer was mediocre but I liked Enterprise as a whole. Sisko was alright-- at least he had Kirk style balls but it was presented in such a cliche "angry black man" type of way.

I mean Picard was the best acted out of the bunch, but the character itself I just found so boring. He had no obvious failings/flaws and was just boring and predictable all around imho. He was a 60+ year old boy scout. Kirk was flawed and that's what made him great imho.

Actually felt like Picard broke the Prime Directive quite a few times, and grew out of the 60 year old boy scout persona as the series went on. Agreed on Doctor and 7 of 9 making Voyager what it was. That episode where he saves the ship with the other hologram (who was played by Andy Dick by the way, wtf) was fantastic.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Short clip at the start of his Colbert appearance, answers a couple questions hinted at by the trailer

That part when he shouts/raises his voice he sounds ageless and its 1990 again.

Hopefully Picard has a lot of shouting.

I need a lot of forceful shouting.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Voyager was great because of the Doctor, 7 of 9, and the story lines involving the borg, the organ stealing aliens, and species 742 or whatever they were called.
8472, i'm sure some trek nerds have used that as a pin when they figured out 1701 is used by all the other trek nerds.

• 1Like

Siliconemelons

Whoopie can act I will say that, because her characters are usually funny, grounded and purposeful - esp Guinen ... totally NOT whoopie the person.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Guinen was the perfect wizened old owl archetype.

On the opposite end of the spectrum Dax was originally pictured as being the mentor character of DS9 given her several lifetimes of experience and boy did that not go anywhere good.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Harshaw

Throbbing Member

On the opposite end of the spectrum Dax was originally pictured as being the mentor character of DS9 given her several lifetimes of experience and boy did that not go anywhere good.

Both Dax's were hot though.

• 6Solidarity
  • 2Like
Reactions: 7 users

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>

Farrell talked about how her inexperience really made that difficult for her. She was also intimidated by Brooks and it showed in her performance, resulting in the opposite: He was the old man and she was the kid.

Dax didn't really come together as a character until Worf entered the picture.

• 1Like

Pops

This was charming despite my distaste for these people and my complete lack of interest in this show.

That's an old man, is this a throw back series? The OG Captain of the Enterprise?

menagerie1-300x224.jpg