Star Trek: Picard

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
First episode it's pretty low. I'm hyper sensitive to that shit and no alarms went off for me. An obvious immigration reference pops up but it didn't make me lose my mind or anything. Overall I quite enjoyed the first episode probably because I'm such a huge TNG fan, and a fan of a particular character.
The immigration thing makes sense to me. I mean Picard thinks the Romulans should be resettled but they also make it sound like a bunch of people think fuck um they are the enemy. That's the shit humans have been debating for the last 5000 years. It would be SJW shit if Romulans were like lets go get free shit from the federation and everyone in the federation was like yeah feed the poor people. At least that's my take on it.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Qhue

Trump's Staff
First episode it's pretty low. I'm hyper sensitive to that shit and no alarms went off for me. An obvious immigration reference pops up but it didn't make me lose my mind or anything.

It's pretty sad to live your life in a constant state of near-triggered. Your stress level must be through the roof. It's like those few hundred 'Million Moms' who go apoplectic when they hear someone say the 'D word'... It's actually a form of SJW in and of itself.

• 6Like
  • 3Picard
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 9 users

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Enjoyed it. Was it a great series opener, maybe not. Has any Star Trek series, even the ones I've loved, ever had a great opener, nope.

Guardedly optimistic.

Also, it's nice to hear an English accent on someone who isn't a hammy villian. Or worse, an English actor putting on a terrible US accent while still being cast as a hammy villian.

However, Irish Romulan was a needle scratch moment.

• 1Like

Quaid

Trump's Staff
It's pretty sad to live your life in a constant state of near-triggered. Your stress level must be through the roof. It's like those few hundred 'Million Moms' who go apoplectic when they hear someone say the 'D word'... It's actually a form of SJW in and of itself.

2EF29FD6-04DA-4F4C-8043-78082FBEF39C.png

• 5Worf
Reactions: 4 users

wamphyr

Molten Core Raider
It was not bad. You cannot go wrong with Jason Bourne in Space. But that story has ended. And Serenity (firefly) did it better.

ShakyJake

<Donor>
The difference is I simply stop watching the show. I don't then go on a Twitter crusade to get the show cancelled like you guys.

• 3Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Qhue

Trump's Staff
With respect to the episode itself I am very interested to see where this story goes. The initial premise was just 'Picard when old' but this promises to really do a thorough examination of some of the most profound overarching themes that extended throughout the Next Generation.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Is it better to come bitch here than to go on Twitter? Both cases are just going to a social place where people will listen to em.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
The difference is people have had their lives ruined by the Twitter mob. The worse that is going to happen around here is your world view to get shattered and your fee Fee's get trampled on.

• 3Like

Kiki

Log Wizard
It wasn't bad, we'll have to see where it goes. Updating Data into a
pair of hot ninja assassins
isn't the worst thing they could have done. He's not even on a starship yet so we definitely need more data to decide whether it's shitting on TNG or not.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users
Just finished watching episode 1. I am a true sucker for good Trek. Stewart is clearly carrying this show. But I give it a thumbs up so far.

Ever since TOS, there is something about the Star Trek universe that just does it for me.

I'll rewatch ep 1 later or tomorrow. I am currently a moderately happy old trekker for now.

spronk

FPS noob
I really liked seeing different locations they have talked about but rarely shown in the TNG world, plus seeing one version of what the world may look like 20 years later after TNG ended. Seeing the Daystrom Institute was very cool since they talked about it a lot, wasn't that where Geordi's "girlfriend" was working too?

The events they briefly mention are a bit weird and I don't really have a solid understanding in my head - the new Star Trek movie started with Romulus going supernova, so this tracks that, but that movie (Star Trek 2014) entered an alternate dimension so we are seeing the "original" dimension (with OG Kirk, Spock, etc) continuing on, correct? Whereas the movies now are in their own alternate universe, I think they have a name for it Kelvin Verse or something.

What universe does Discovery take place in? The movie universe, this TNG universe, or another one seperately? I'm guessing it can't be TNGs since Klingons are extremely different. I really hope we see Klingons and Ferengi in Picard.

The two people who hang out with Picard in his farm are Romulans, right?

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
I really liked seeing different locations they have talked about but rarely shown in the TNG world, plus seeing one version of what the world may look like 20 years later after TNG ended. Seeing the Daystrom Institute was very cool since they talked about it a lot, wasn't that where Geordi's "girlfriend" was working too?

The events they briefly mention are a bit weird and I don't really have a solid understanding in my head - the new Star Trek movie started with Romulus going supernova, so this tracks that, but that movie (Star Trek 2014) entered an alternate dimension so we are seeing the "original" dimension (with OG Kirk, Spock, etc) continuing on, correct? Whereas the movies now are in their own alternate universe, I think they have a name for it Kelvin Verse or something.

What universe does Discovery take place in? The movie universe, this TNG universe, or another one seperately? I'm guessing it can't be TNGs since Klingons are extremely different. I really hope we see Klingons and Ferengi in Picard.

The two people who hang out with Picard in his farm are Romulans, right?

The Abrams ST movies are the Kelvin timeline which starts with Nero fucking up Kirk's dad. So Romulus did still blow up in the TNG timeline where Picard still takes place I believe. I think Discovery was like it's own timeline kinda thing then they moved it into the Kelvin one? I gave up after the first season so not sure.

The 2 peeps with Picard are Romulan. I assume refugees that felt gratitude toward Picard for saving who he could.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
New movies and Discovery are a different Rick and Morty universe. Basically they are the crap shows on interdimensional cable that Q keeps clicking past.

Picard is still C-137 with all the previous shows.

• 2Like
  • 1Worf

Bonch

Golden Knight of the Realm
If it ends up being a shitty season, could they just chalk it up to a malfunctioning holodeck episode of TNG? Or even Q fucking with Jean-Luc? They are besties, after all...

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
So are Synthetics like the Trans of the show? Male becomes female and has to deal with anti synthetic fanatics?

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
I liked the first episode, interesting stuff going on, I thought his explanation for why he left star fleet made sense, was worried about that. Looking forward to the next one, at least, which is more than Discover ever did for me.

• 1Solidarity