Star Trek: Picard

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
The ninja assassins who beam in are Romulan, but clearly the Federation is in on it since the whole coverup business happened. Hell Picard himself might have been vanished had he not just given a high profile interview the previous evening.

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>

82866828_1295422987330403_2655980421199691776_o.jpg

• 3Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Siliconemelons

Timelines again people..

Only the JJ trio are a different universe

Discovery and Picard however are using a "license" of ST that says everything has to be 25% different than ST visually etc or u pay $$ and you have to a la carte it.. The enterprise D as we know it in the dream, extra $$$ TNG uniforms and emblems $$$ even characters - data, Picard $$$ $$$

So many put discovery and Picard in "their own" parallel timeline with "prime" timeline and the alternate "Kelvin" (Jj movies) timeline.

Oldbased

> Than U
Can someone ping when it is near the final episode?
Got some CBS free trials and I assume I can do my usual thing on CBS.

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
I enjoyed the first episode , The refugee thing was a bit on the nose but tolerable. I even get the supper kickass battle synth but that whole story line was a bit weird.
Data was cloned? Wtf?
Data drew her picture somehow predicting what she would look like? Seems a bit far fetched.
All the explosions and weird shit is happening yet no one is calling the police or whatever is equivalent.
After showing she can move fast and jump distances she just stares at that blaster rifle until it blows up in her face like a moron without even trying to run away...
I hope they dont fuck this up in the next episode because the little preview they showed looked like it was swerving into cringe central.

I hope not. I'm being cautious, the leaks essentially said it was dog shit but they rewrote the first episode to shove nostalgia in to hopefully hook people. I HOPE that's not the case, because the first episode was okay.

mewkus

Blackwing Lair Raider
spoiler as fuck
so in this universe romulus blew up and picard got some butlers out of it. meanwhile "synthetics" had staged a rebellion destroying the utopia planetia shipyards on mars and wrecking the planet. that would fuck starfleet pretty hard, by all means get section 31 out to wreck shit back. starfleet puts down the rebellion, outlaws cyborgs / AI / whatever, but goes all in holograms, which is probably a better idea anyway.

so it looks like somehow data was "involved" in the making of twins. for one of them, for some reason, romulan space ninjas bust in on her life and try to kill her, picard helps her, she dies, picard is already moving me with his expressions. so he's on a mystery, but maybe with a mobile holodeck. should be pretty sweet.

cut to the other twin on a defunct borg cube doing rebuilding like science when a sinister romulan dude comes and makes friends. on next week's preview, a super burn / prop on picard. he even worked Q with it.

old picard on a mystery which will give all the old cast episode arcs. you had me at picard.

spronk

FPS noob
the twin thing was stupid as hell and hope its explained a bit more, they just hand waved that shit away like its supposed to make ANY sense at all

also whil wheaton hosts one of those "post show" talks and its on CBS Access so its all official and shit i guess. his face triggers me

also this screenshot could foreshadow 2 things - Q or borg queen

ERaQIy8.jpg

Last edited:

Jorren

Maximum Derek
<Bronze Donator>
the twin thing was stupid as hell and hope its explained a bit more, they just hand waved that shit away like its supposed to make ANY sense at all

Data and Lore? When manufacturing does one not make copies of a thing?

robot-revolution4.jpg

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
I assumed given their hand-waving bit about building a new synthetic android from a single cell from Data that the first step might divide the original cell into two which then continue to replicate into distinct twins.

Siliconemelons

So we had Data and Lore - and because we already killed Lore before we cared about or knew "just how special" they were - in Nemesis we had to scrounge up ANOTHER one.. for B4 appeared... yes really was nothing more than bait, and a convenient "thing" to give us a hollywood ending that "data didn't really die" (no ones ever really gone...)

But now...because reasons, no the xfer didnt take because, we need ninja chicks

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Checked it because why not, the first episode felt very underwhelming; the twin actress can't act and the whole Romulus thing seems like the fanfics cosplayers distribute for free during conventions.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
So we had Data and Lore - and because we already killed Lore before we cared about or knew "just how special" they were - in Nemesis we had to scrounge up ANOTHER one.. for B4 appeared... yes really was nothing more than bait, and a convenient "thing" to give us a hollywood ending that "data didn't really die" (no ones ever really gone...)

But now...because reasons, no the xfer didnt take because, we need ninja chicks

I thought even in that movie they noted B4 was a earlier/lesser model. Also I'm assuming Brent Spiner didn't want to bring back Data so his death had meaning. Guest starring in dreams/visions is one thing, but B4 would basically just be playing Data for all intensive purposes.

Thought first episode was decent. Enough little mysteries to get me hooked.