Star Trek: Picard

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
I've only been reading this thread and watching some reviews but finding out that Seven mercy kills Icheb legit bummed me out. I don't need grimdark in goddamn everything these days.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I've only been reading this thread and watching some reviews but finding out that Seven mercy kills Icheb legit bummed me out. I don't need grimdark in goddamn everything these days.

BuT wErE yOuR eXpEcTaTiOnS sUbVeRtEd?

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
BuT wErE yOuR eXpEcTaTiOnS sUbVeRtEd?

Honestly I blame myself. I wished for the endless prequels to come to a close and for new stories to be told. What happens next! I want to know what happens next! I WISH THERE WAS A NEW STAR TREK SERIES.

Oscar Wilde Quote: “When the gods wish to punish us they answer our prayers.”

So this one's probably on me.

Cybsled

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I think in the books Quark's on DS9 became like the Embassy for the Ferrengi in the Alpha Quadrant.

Ya, in the DS9 relaunch books, Bajor joins the Federation, so Rom makes the bar an Embassy so Quark still can charge latinum for stuff since it is considered Ferrengi soil. Rom continues to push for various reforms on Ferrenginar (which Quark still hates), although a good chunk of them are doing well moneywise because Ferrengi are exploiting the profit potential, but some are still a bridge too far. Later on Rom's "ex" wife tries to get Rom removed as Nagus (I think it was Brunt's doing?) by stating because he married Leeta, he broke their marriage contract because they didn't get an official divorce, but they later use a Rules of Acquisition loophole (contract is a contract, but only between Ferrengi), meaning his marriage to Leeta isn't a valid contract under Ferrengi law or w/e. Quark helps out because he knows he would get fucked over by Rom's replacement and he tries to protect Rom.

• 2Like

iannis

Musty Nester
Wait, they mercy killed someone on star trek?

That's not grimdark. That's just plain fucking dark. Far, Far too dark for anything named Star Trek.

Wow. There's not anything left.

• 2Like

Cybsled

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
7 of 9 mercy killed a Borg that had been dissected alive. To be fair, that is what Borg did when another drone was too badly damaged - they would destroy the drone.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

shabushabu

Molten Core Raider

Pretty sure the point was to be a badly acted cheesy villain, I mean hell Quark's bar has a franchise on Freecloud you know that wasn't meant to be played straight up.

Yes, With a show this light on substance compared to TNG, it just felt ok let’s do costumes next !!!!

it’s missing that urgency and purpose of TNG, the transporter drama I felt bad for actress playing the Dr.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Wait, they mercy killed someone on star trek?

That's not grimdark. That's just plain fucking dark. Far, Far too dark for anything named Star Trek.

Wow. There's not anything left.
Movie Picard mercy killed someone being assimilated in the First Contact movie.

Just take the original TV shows as a separate thing to the Movies/New TV shows.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
I wonder if they will get Robert Picardo to do a guest appearance at some point. In my headcannon they made him the head of Starfleet Medical because he worked some goddamn medical miracles over 7 years on Voyager. Hell when Seven shot Icheb I was stunned because aint nothing wrong with him that the Doctor couldn't patch up, possibly using some of Seven's nanoprobes.

Chris

Potato del Grande
I wonder if they will get Robert Picardo to do a guest appearance at some point. In my headcannon they made him the head of Starfleet Medical because he worked some goddamn medical miracles over 7 years on Voyager. Hell when Seven shot Icheb I was stunned because aint nothing wrong with him that the Doctor couldn't patch up, possibly using some of Seven's nanoprobes.
Can they change his race or make him lesbian? Otherwise probably not.

I think they only have a Riker cameo because he's directing episodes.

Siliconemelons

I think it was good to use Icheb ... mercy killing is not dark for ST as it's been done before as stated.

I mean it was better to use Icheb rather than adding yet another new character we are to suddenly give a shit about in connection to characters we know.

I didn't catch Quark's bar on freecloud - I thought I heard his name as reference but I just figured they used a similar sounding name than actually Quark... because /thats/ pandering...as opposed to Icheb.

My parents watched a random TNG and were like Maddox was in it trying to take data apart - then the judge ruled Data had personhood and rights.

I think it was a different first name?

Glad 7 beamed back and finished the chick off...but no reason she could not have just beamed back...

• 1Like

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Getting captured and your bits harvested before your mentor has to put you down is just really dark in general. Voyager is still, for the most part, bright and shiny. Having someone from that show getting vivisected makes those episodes with Icheb in them a little less fun to revisit.

Comics are often guilty of murdering the piss out of someone not all that relevant to show how serious things are and I don't like it there either.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Glad 7 beamed back and finished the chick off...but no reason she could not have just beamed back...
only the pirate ship could beam her back cuz of the special transporter tunnel they created, if she beamed back to the rangers she woulda not been able to. (she stole the black chip)

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Voyager is still, for the most part, bright and shiny.

I don't really remember it all that bright and shiny. Especially not with 7 at times. Hell even shit like the Fear manifested clown episode with the people in suspended animation or whatever. Literal lopping of heads off that killed them because they were scared to death.

• 1Like

Siliconemelons

Ahh yes, okay Maddox was the same from TNG... so that's good they connected it back.

• 1Like

ShakyJake

<Donor>
I love how random passengers can deactivate the EMH while someone is fucking dying in the sickbay.

• 1Solidarity

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I love how random passengers can deactivate the EMH while someone is fucking dying in the sickbay.

This is actually a great point, although since Picard got his own holosuite program for the trip of his home on Earth, could easily see a hand waving of all the passengers being granted basic command privs or whatever.

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Getting captured and your bits harvested before your mentor has to put you down is just really dark in general. Voyager is still, for the most part, bright and shiny. Having someone from that show getting vivisected makes those episodes with Icheb in them a little less fun to revisit.

Are you forgetting all the episodes in Voyager with the Vidiians harvesting people's organs, skin, etc because of the Phage? That one episode where everyone's favourite, Neelix, had his lungs removed was pretty dark.

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

Yeah, pleased it wasn't just me who had a wtf moment at that. I'm guessing she can rewrite the program somehow because she's a nerdy, wacky character even if Rios presumably doesn't grant access to all parts of his ship's workings to random passengers. I mean, he seems a trusting guy.