Star Trek: Picard

Cybsled

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I forget how it goes, but you have guest stars and recurring guest stars. Recurring guest star would be like Garak on DS9, guest star would be Q on TNG. It has to do with frequency of appearance and how the compensation is handled.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Wat? I thought Think Tank was about George wanting to steal 7.

It is but there's a line from him about curing the phage. It's really just one or two lines of dialogue mixed in to a conversation when curing that plague could have been a major story element or even part of its own arc.

shabushabu

Molten Core Raider
Is there one interesting character on Picard? Quark, garak, data, 7o9, q, TNG picard, worf, doctor , janeway, riker, ... list goes on and on..

Picard? . . .

iannis

Musty Nester
Is there one interesting character on Picard? Quark, garak, data, 7o9, q, TNG picard, worf, doctor , janeway, riker, ... list goes on and on..

Picard? . . .

I doubt it. I mean a space ninja chopped a dudes head off to end a fight picard was about to lose and had no reason to be involved in to begin with.

That's grim from a character perspective.

Amos is a really interesting character. But they didn't introduce him as the stone cold killer. They introduced him as the potentially retarded meathead grunt who bonded with the black girl and was protective of her. And he's STILL that guy, he's just also a stone cold killer when he decides he has to be, and he's shown to have moments of real insight. When you introduce a character with him chopping off heads you've limited yourself. Amos is Animal Mother, but he's grown into that.

Last edited:

Lanx

<Prior Amod>

Picard? . . .
picard including picard, doesn't have a single worthwhile character besides seven and icheb, and icheb had 3minutes of screen time.

i just finished watching really shitty altered carbon s2, and i would rather see poe and annabelle/dig301 fly around the starship nevermore.

Arative

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I would watch an entire series of seven running around shooting shit up.

I'm enjoying Picard as long as I keep in mind it's not the star trek of my youth.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>

Picard? . . .
You thought worf, janeway, riker, and a pair of tits in spandex were good characters?

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
I doubt it. I mean a space ninja chopped a dudes head off to end a fight picard was about to lose and had no reason to be involved in to begin with.

That's grim from a character perspective.

Amos is a really interesting character. But they didn't introduce him as the stone cold killer. They introduced him as the potentially retarded meathead grunt who bonded with the black girl and was protective of her. And he's STILL that guy, he's just also a stone cold killer when he decides he has to be, and he's shown to have moments of real insight. When you introduce a character with him chopping off heads you've limited yourself. Amos is Animal Mother, but he's grown into that.
Proportionality of character growth.

Siliconemelons

Again I liked that we found a character that turns out to be a link from the past in the director- so that is good, just like Icheb.

However, this past episode... I dont know... I thought perhaps it was a time thing, or a not getting into it thing...but Picard the character, sucks.

He sounds like he is on the verge of crying and looks like it also. He really is just Steward in costume fed lines - his "emotional state" is always this empathetic teeter todder between an old gay man asking you to sit down and tell us how the space ship makes you feel and this old war vet thats been through 9 space vam's and was always the only one left alive but without any gristle.

This last episode was especially bad... the clapping for the black chick and then Picard just sat there "Oh why is she not happy!" as she storms off in a sudden emotional devastation - this random "sistah" told her to GTFO and never call her again...not like she ever called her...is she sad she lost a friend she never did friend things with...or sad she lost a good contact.

Air tight security... but no one is anywhere to be seen at the "specific beam in site"

7of9 and Picard are former Borg and allowed to do whatever they want...but not these other dudes because... "they look bad?" and don't fit in? - they can make new legs for Rom but, nope these old Borg people.... shit out of luck...no Geordi eyes for you.

Found out the info we needed? hurmp just kill her...slowly...like a bond villain! muahah!! ohhhh no

AH YES MORE BLA BLA BLA TECH THAT CAN PORT PEOPLE ANYWHERE! I'll give them the Queen chamber idea was cool...but it should have just shot out a little sphere escape pod - a la First Contact....

Oh... AND THERE WAS ZERO REASON FOR SPACE NINJA TO STAY...ZERO..NONE...NOT EVEN TECHNO BABBLE BLA BLA BLAS - NNOOOTHING....STUUPPIIDDD

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Cybsled

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
The teleporter in the Queen Chamber was from an episode of Voyager. Some civilization had a super teleporter which worked over 10s of thousands of light years, but they refused to give Voyager the tech because the Federation wasn't advanced enough to be trusted with the tech.

So apparently the Borg got it at some point, although if it worked like it did in the Voyager episode, why wouldn't the Borg use it to inst-infilitrate any civilization? I supposed they could hand wave it away as the Borg assimilated an earlier version that was less advanced.

Siliconemelons

I guess I need to re-watch Voyager's latter seasons. I do not remeber the personal teleportation stuff, I know they had the big grid o trans warp pipelines etc.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
It was from a shitty, completely forgettable episode.

Early too I think?

On top of all the other mistakes that Voyager made they never should have greenlit any "will they get home" episodes until deep in the show's run. It's been a tired plot device since Lost in Space ran it in to the ground in the '60s.