Star Trek: Picard

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
Tom Paris guy was actually a different character in an episode of tng. The Wesley academy training accident one. Ensign Ro was also a one off alien character in tng before Ro became a character.

spronk

FPS noob
The latest episode with Troi and Deanna was imo the first good episode. Almost worth slogging through 6 episodes of really almost pure garbage to finally hit something decent that felt like TNG/Trek again. Slow episode, the best moments where two or three of them were just talking. Every other character is absolute garbage though, Rios is the only one who is a halfway decent actor. I expect the rest of the season to be hot garbage again but at least there's only 3 left.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

tarb

Trakanon Raider
The latest episode with Troi and Deanna was imo the first good episode. Almost worth slogging through 6 episodes of really almost pure garbage to finally hit something decent that felt like TNG/Trek again. Slow episode, the best moments where two or three of them were just talking. Every other character is absolute garbage though, Rios is the only one who is a halfway decent actor. I expect the rest of the season to be hot garbage again but at least there's only 3 left.

Agree, this was the best episode, but still hated things non Trek things they put in it, cussing, smoking, other spoiler things. Just makes me wish they did a Riker series even more, but with competent writers, producers and people that know Star Trek.

• 1Like

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Tom Paris guy was actually a different character in an episode of tng.

The suspicion is that if they had used the character from the episode of TNG than they would have had to pay some writer royalties so instead we got an original character do not steal.

Cybsled

The guy who played Tuvok was in that TNG episode where the Enterprise is empty because it is being sterilized and some thieves try to take the ship.

Raes

Vyemm Raider
older troi, when i picture younger troi, i only remember yoga troi and crusher, thats pretty impossible to beat
Nipples Troi beats yoga Troi.

306full-marina-sirtis.jpg

• 4Solidarity
  • 3Mother of God
  • 3Like
Reactions: 9 users

spronk

FPS noob
i thought it was weird that the pirate lez in the previous episode looks a lot like season 1 troi

606129.jpg

VCrNZ3M.jpg

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
The guy who played Tuvok was in that TNG episode where the Enterprise is empty because it is being sterilized and some thieves try to take the ship.

Tim Russ. He's also one of the bridge crew of the Enterprise B in Generations, and he's the 'we aint found shit' guy from Spaceballs

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
i thought it was weird that the pirate lez in the previous episode looks a lot like season 1 troi
The Bjayzl character was originally supposed to be the cat race and total furry bait, but they took that out and settled with a Kzinti verbal reference in this week's episode. Might have been something to do with the Cats movie bombing so hard.

edit: Animated series reference
MRess.jpg

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
The suspicion is that if they had used the character from the episode of TNG than they would have had to pay some writer royalties so instead we got an original character do not steal.
It's pretty funny because Tom Paris is very much the same character as he played in the TNG episode

• 1Like

sakkath

Trakanon Raider
Riker really elevated this episode.. makes me want to go back and watch TNG again.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

spronk

FPS noob
i guess there is one of those "talking dead" kind of shows for the star trek shows, hosted by wil wheaton. easy pass i think for most of us, but this week interestingly had Jonathan Frakes (Riker) and Brent Spiner (Data) on as guests. A true sophies choice - do you put up with cuckWil to get the meaty goodness of Riker and Data?

• 3Barf
Reactions: 2 users

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
i guess there is one of those "talking dead" kind of shows for the star trek shows, hosted by wil wheaton. easy pass i think for most of us, but this week interestingly had Jonathan Frakes (Riker) and Brent Spiner (Data) on as guests. A true sophies choice - do you put up with cuckWil to get the meaty goodness of Riker and Data?

how about you just take the bullet and give us the TLDR

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Chris

Potato del Grande

How humiliating must it be for Will Wheaton to have to host a corporate hype show when you'd expect a character like Wesley Crusher who was a child in the original to have a prominent role in any sequel.