Star Trek: Picard

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
The finale left bad taste in people's mouth imo but enterprise was pretty awesome.

No way am I watching this garbage show though.

Kiki

Log Wizard
The problem was mostly the theme song. T'pol was one hot ass bitch

1623887061391.png

Last edited:

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Fuck that bitch cuz I'm still in the zone, we at the ballpark watching season 2 Picard, while you're sitting at home

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
The last two seasons of Enterprise are as good as any Trek out there, I never understand the gripe with it.

I popped in really, really late (last half of last season late) and liked the show a lot but every time I've tried to start over from the beginning it's been just impossible.

Kiki

Log Wizard
The first season is pure boring character development which is good compared to Discovery with no character building whatsoever.

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
The finale left bad taste in people's mouth imo but enterprise was pretty awesome.

No way am I watching this garbage show though.

The finale was the worst Star Trek ever done. Bring back weak characters from a different series and make it all about them? What a steaming pile of crap. I really like the rest of the show, even the first season. Character building is important.

I'm rewatching Picard season 1 in anticipation of season 2. I like this show. Come at me.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
The finale was the worst Star Trek ever done. Bring back weak characters from a different series and make it all about them? What a steaming pile of crap. I really like the rest of the show, even the first season. Character building is important.

I'm rewatching Picard season 1 in anticipation of season 2. I like this show. Come at me.

oddly enough, the final for Voyager left a worse taste in my mouth.

at least with Enterprise they already had half the season filmed when they found out it was being canceled and it was one of the few ways to wrap it quickly. Did I hate it? Yeah. But I get it.

Voyager however had years to plan that shit and 7 seasons came had them come though a transwarp conduit, and just slowly go off into space towards some federation ships. The end, no wrap up, no closure on any characters…nothing.

this is why DS9 will forever have the best final.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Tucker should have came back from the dead (and traveled through time) and punched Riker in his fat fucking face. Now that would have been a finale.

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
DS9 bungles a little bit but it's still very good. In terms of the characters it is Kira that had the antagonistic relationship with Dukat throughout the series. If she had the final confrontation with him it would have fit better and concluded an rivalry building for the entire length of the show. For me the clip show feels like padding and then you've got the additional problem of no one "remembering" Jadzia.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
DS9 bungles a little bit but it's still very good. In terms of the characters it is Kira that had the antagonistic relationship with Dukat throughout the series. If she had the final confrontation with him it would have fit better and concluded an rivalry building for the entire length of the show. For me the clip show feels like padding and then you've got the additional problem of no one "remembering" Jadzia.

see I don’t agree at all. Dukat was perfect to be the Bajorian antichrist and with Sisko being Bajor Jesus and them building that for years there was no other way for that to happen then for those two to fight.

• 1Like

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
see I don’t agree at all. Dukat was perfect to be the Bajorian antichrist and with Sisko being Bajor Jesus and them building that for years there was no other way for that to happen then for those two to fight.

I get who Dukat became (he should have died when his daughter died, his arc was over) and I get who Sisko was but in terms of their relationship throughout the story it was grudging respect up until Dukat loses his fucking mind in season six's Waltz and beats Sisko with a pipe. Sure, from that point forward we're setting up a final confrontation but there's just so much more Kira vs Dukat in every season prior.

"Oh, by the way I made your mom one of my comfort women in exchange for getting you an extra bowl of gruel each day how did it taste" is way more fucked up.

• 1Like

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
If anyone else made more sense to be Bajors antichrist I woulda agree, and a case could be made for Winn, but Dukat just made way more sense.

either way, my original comment was geared more towards closure being done for everyone, and then wrapping everything up so well.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
It does close everything up really well and it's not like I want Kira doing anything different in last episodes. Her on Cardassia with Dumar and Garak is just so fucking good. It's just that when I take a step back and look at the complete story I'd prefer Dukat's final comeuppance being dished out from Kira than Sisko. I'm not all that fan of anti-Christ Dukat period. I'd have preferred he died on the retaking of the station as I've said.

edit - the one on one stuff with Dukat and Wynn is gold though

• 1Like

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
Yeah, the ending of Voyageur was pretty bad. Even Janeway says "we did it" with surprise. Pretty bad plannning.

I still think Enterprise ending was worse.

Cybsled

Didnt they mention that part of the reason they made Dukat go down the batshit crazy trail of evil is because too many fans really liked him and they thought "we fucked up, people arent supposed to like him". Then they do the whole arc of him becoming cartoon evil and wanting to kill all Bajorans.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Didnt they mention that part of the reason they made Dukat go down the batshit crazy trail of evil is because too many fans really liked him and they thought "we fucked up, people arent supposed to like him". Then they do the whole arc of him becoming cartoon evil and wanting to kill all Bajorans.

I don't know if we've ever been told that outright but there's no doubt Ira Steven Behr didn't understand why the audience liked Dukat.

ShakyJake

<Donor>
In hind sight Enterprise isn't as bad as it seemed at the time. The first season of TNG is way worse. Enterprise did get a littler better, but it still didn't work for me. The cringe ratio was high.
I think everyone simply had Trek fatigue when Enterprise aired.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
I'm almost through DS9, pumped for the finale. Vic Fontaine needs to fuck off though, jesus.

• 2Like
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 2 users