Star Trek: Picard

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
The second episode is out and I find myself really liking the Romulan house-staff husband and wife. I am guessing that all of this is going to tie back to the Romulans having been horribly victimized by the Borg at somepoint in their past. This would tie in nicely to that whole first season arc where they kept finding Romulan bases scooped off planets after not having had any contact with them for decades. It was suspected at that point that the Romulans were dealing with a problem on the other side of their empire and that it was the Borg, but that was later abandoned because it would have put the Borg too close to the main plotline space.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
wat

Weyoun, Dukat, Quark, and Garak were the standouts on the DS9 cast.
giphy.gif

FTFY

Sentagur

Low and to the left
<Silver Donator>
The last 5 minutes of In the Pale Moonlight is the correct answer.

One thing i dont get in this new Picard show is how the Federation is depicted as isolationist bigoted scumbags because they didnt want to help the Romulans.
If just earth was shitting on romulans you could argue humans were the problem but if 100s of planets/species in the federation decided the romulans can go fuck themselves then just maybe its the romulans thats the problem.

• 4Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Fucker

Log Wizard
I think it was clear that Jake as a character was mostly ignored by the writers because Cirroc Loften was a very poor actor. He was cast for young Jake, and he got worse with age. He was still nowhere near as annoying as Wesley

Someone needs to tell writers that they don't need to write in a young character to appeal to a young audience. Doubly so for casting obviously annoying people.

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Someone needs to tell writers that they don't need to write in a young character to appeal to a young audience. Doubly so for casting obviously annoying people.

Jake was there to support Sisko's character. They wanted a father/widower for the "captain"

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
The second episode is out and I find myself really liking the Romulan house-staff husband and wife. I am guessing that all of this is going to tie back to the Romulans having been horribly victimized by the Borg at somepoint in their past. This would tie in nicely to that whole first season arc where they kept finding Romulan bases scooped off planets after not having had any contact with them for decades. It was suspected at that point that the Romulans were dealing with a problem on the other side of their empire and that it was the Borg, but that was later abandoned because it would have put the Borg too close to the main plotline space.

Yeah it's great how the pro-immigration guy has immigrants for menial servants. It's like the show writers are trying to parody their own beliefs.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

sukik

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Damar had a great arc and was absolutely redeemed. From a drunken boot licker to the hero Cardassia needed.

Regime Regime

• 4Like
  • 1Solidarity

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
His character was only intended to be in one or two episodes too. They took a throwaway supporting character and made him a huge part of the series story

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
well, they're thoroughly shitting on the lessons learned from The Measure of a Man in episode 2.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Romulans are still in charge of the Borg reclamation project, they still have operatives deep in the Federation and act freely. Honestly, the only refugee/immigrant types we've seen are with Picard and they have Tal Shiar links. We've had zero hint their Empire is collapsing or struggling, no plotline about Klingons or anyone else encroaching.

Bottom line is they took a hit but it's still business as usual over a decade later. The writers downgraded the shit out of that supernova and its impact.

Goatface

thought the 1st show was like a B-, 2nd was C, maybe C- just for the "who knew a Romulan could be so hot"

Sentagur

Low and to the left
<Silver Donator>
thought the 1st show was like a B-, 2nd was C, maybe C- just for the "who knew a Romulan could be so hot"
I guess you didnt see the Tpol from the mirror universe. I know , not Romulan but who judging.
I would let her play hide the admiral any time.

Mirror-tpol.jpg

• 4Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
wow I've already finished the new episode and abso-fucking-lutely nothing happened. The whole episode was filler. The only new "revelation" was basically the already known premise of the show to begin with

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm

One thing i dont get in this new Picard show is how the Federation is depicted as isolationist bigoted scumbags because they didnt want to help the Romulans.
If just earth was shitting on romulans you could argue humans were the problem but if 100s of planets/species in the federation decided the romulans can go fuck themselves then just maybe its the romulans thats the problem.

Didn't they actually state that 14 member states or whatever threatened to leave if we sent help to our enemies, and they chose to keep the Federation together. So not the whole Federation being depicted as as isolationist bigoted scumbags, nor humans being the problem. Seems more just a legit "help those who were our enemies, or not?" thing.

I swear I wouldn't know where to look for "SJW potential" stuff if it wasn't for this thread. Someone stating earlier PIcard and the pretty boy Romulan were the only major players that were male. I mean, who else is a major player right now other than the other twin daughter of Data? His two Romulan aides (one male, one female)? I'd be on Maddox popping up at some point. I guess the woman he worked with at the Institute could be considered a major player having been in all of 2 scenes so far. Already know from previews the captain of his new ship will be a dude and space Legolas is coming.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
I thought the Admiral whatever lady did a perfectly fine job explaining why they abandoned the Romulan program. Same with Francine interviewing Picard. Picard just came off as an entitled ass.

Didn’t like the dialogue from just about anyone but Picard. Dahj and the whole “Dude!” thing was off putting. The android ninja thing seems unnecessary and dumb. As was already posted the Romulans seem to be doing just fine infiltrating Star Fleet, leading the Borg project, etc. Not sure they’re doing a good job selling that plot line.

Alison Pil is adorable even with her 6-head. She was cool explaining all the Android stuff, which didn’t come off as absurdly dumb as Overlord DVD made it seem. Still a stupid idea that could have been handled better.

Oh well, will keep stealing it and hope it goes somewhere. No expectations though so can’t really be disappointed.

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
I guess you didnt see the Tpol from the mirror universe. I know , not Romulan but who judging.
I would let her play hide the admiral any time.

View attachment 246824

T'pol was basically cruelty level exploitation of the young male nerd mind-- even more than 7 of 9. That episode where she has Pon'far and is stuck in the decontamination room with Tucker was shameless.. Jolene Blalock was off the charts hot and I shudder to think how many faps occurred globally each time Enterprise aired.

• 4Like
  • 1Solidarity