Star Trek: Picard

Cybsled

Picard S2 is better than S1, IMO. This episode was great because Seven called out Raffi for her gaslighting bullshit lol

• 1Pathetic
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

spronk

FPS noob
I hope they won't cancel Picard and Discovery anytime soon. I am full of anticipation and can't wait for the next episode .... of watching Mike and Rich absolutely tearing it apart while dying inside. RLM is killing it. Watching these two is worth the flaming pile of garbage that Star Trek has become.

discovery was already greenlit for season 5 which is under production, and picard season 3 has wrapped filming already a month ago and its the final season of that show. Strange New Worlds is a new series that debuts next month and I'm sure they have a bunch more shows in the works.

It'll suck but at least if they are going to rape and pillage Trek maybe they'll do a Quarks and Old Man Worf series in the next few years. Although Quark without Odo (RIP) will be sad :(

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Extended family was briefly discussing Breaking Bad and Better Call Saul last weekend for obvious reasons. Brother-in-law butts in that he doesn't care, he gets a new episode of Star Trek every week.
can you

can you disown a brother in law?

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
All this 2024 stuff in the show sounds like the implication is "vote for democrats in the next election or else the whole future is a nightmare"

Apparently they cleared out an actual homeless camp and built a staged homeless camp there with the specifications needed for the show. So basically, they're hypocrites, and fuck 'em

• 3Like
  • 1Worf
  • 1Double Worf
Reactions: 4 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
liiiiiiink

Don't have one, just people who live in LA who saw the filming and noted that there was a homeless camp there before filming. It's possible the city itself kicked all the poors out and not the Star Trek people, though the Trek staff were there like immediately dressing the place to be a set on the show.

Cybsled

I mean it's LA, you're going to find people camping out pretty much anywhere.

• 2Like

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I mean it's LA, you're going to find people camping out pretty much anywhere.
The fact that you have accepted this as normal is a big part of the problem in this country. You are not alone on this and I am not singling you out.

• 2Like

Cybsled

It's a tough problem because there isnt a uniform reason behind it, so it would require a large number of solutions to completely different problems. Psychiatric conditions and drug/alcohol abuse would probably be 2 of the biggest factors, and in Cali the insane real estate market doesn't help things either.

On topic, that is what the lore of the Sanctuary districts was: Originally they were intended as a means of helping various segments of society, like the homeless. But funding wasn't there and they soon just became "out of sight, out of mind" places to stuff people so society at large was able to think the problem had been more or less solved.

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Two distinct parts of that last episode russled my jimmies.

The utterly dreadful slow-mo sparkly walk away from a half-strangled Raffi that Agnes/BQ did and the frigging cliched disturbed kiss then awful romance music and eventual kiss (instigated by the female ofc) on board the ship.

The story is bad enough without letting fucking hack autists direct episodes.

• 2Like

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
At least Agnes in the red dress was hot. At least the Spanish captain guy's Latina girlfriend (who I think you're referring to) is hot. Funny how even the dashing rogue character of the show still has zero initiative towards women.

I didn't watch it, hell no. Been watching RLM and Angry Joe reviews though so I caught that much.

Angry Joe just put up the Episode 8 review and they said it was like bite #8 of a ten-bite turd sandwich.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf

Cybsled

Funny how even the dashing rogue character of the show still has zero initiative towards women.

His interactions have been fine. Shows up, does some risky stuff to help the doctor, gets the doctor interested. Although he is in sort of an awkward spot considering time travel.

• 1Pathetic
Reactions: 1 user

Xenrauk

Trakanon Raider
Pretty sad that the voyager episode back to 1996 showed the homelessness, and then more than 25 years later it still exist in mass... nice government there in Cali... do they do anything besides fill their own pockets...

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
At least Agnes in the red dress was hot.
youre just looking at a pic, watching her, she has a weird ass klingon head
f39324975785435924220516d5cda4b4.jpg

like she should been an albino klingon, speaking of klingons, where are they? i don't remember them, are they all on discovery? ha