Star Trek: Strange New Worlds

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
They've learned which is why Strange New Worlds was ordered to begin with.

The purpose of this show was to harken back to more traditional Star Trek.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Cybsled

It is easy to be jaded, but it's no coincidence that Lower Decks and SNW are the most highly regarded current Trek shows...they both "get" what Star Trek is.

As long as they keep away the shitty scripts and writers, they'll hopefully keep up the same level of quality

They've learned which is why Strange New Worlds was ordered to begin with.

The purpose of this show was to harken back to more traditional Star Trek.

This as well - the IP was suffering HEAVILY after the first couple seasons of Discovery and Picard. You can't kill the golden goose - if you completely alienate your Trek fanbase, it becomes less profitable. SNW was their attempt to woo the fanbase back.

It's sort of like how Filoni got more sway with the Star Wars IP - the new Trilogy did decent box office, but it weakened the IP. It failed to bring in new fans (ie, kids) and it alienated the existing fans, which threatened the real money maker: All the merch.

Izo

Tranny Chaser
Star Trek Yes GIF
star trek beyond film GIF

1664616819767.jpeg

Just started watching, episode 2 now, digging the plot so far. Buuuut... is this going to be Charlies Angels, Pike with all his super ladies? I feel like we have an Uhura packing more meat than previously. Mist Mist which Uhura hair style is your favorite? How much does your gayday tingle with Ortega?

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Star Trek Yes GIF

View attachment 435788

Just started watching, episode 2 now, digging the plot so far. Buuuut... is this going to be Charlies Angels, Pike with all his super ladies? I feel like we have an Uhura packing more meat than previously. Mist Mist which Uhura hair style is your favorite? How much does your gayday tingle with Ortega?
i fast forwarded through all of uguras scenes and romjins #1 character is worthless

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Pathetic

lgarthy

<Silver Donator>
Star Trek Yes GIF

View attachment 435788

Keep watching. Ther show is great.

• 2Like

Cybsled

Discovery ending and Picard ending frees up some money and SNW seems to be the new Trek flagship show

• 2Like

Kiki

Log Wizard
It seems like that's the only modern Star Trek people want to watch. I still see people on Reddit (a woke audience) say it was the best part of watching Discovery (they aren't wrong). Even the woke people hate the woke shows. Not surprised they already got renewed for multiple seasons after the first season validated that a whole show would work. .

Cybsled

Picard season 3 has been good. In a way it’s too bad it’s ending now, since the new show runner and the writing have turned it into what people expected for the series in general

I would love a proper post Voyager era series

• 1Like

Cybsled

Glad they’re changing the Klingon design back to something more familiar vs the xenomorph stuff they had going in Discovery

• 1Like

Cybsled

They could honestly reuse the same joke

“wait, those are Klingons?”
“Oh, you met THOSE Klingons”
“Can you explain?”
“Lol no…drink your blood wine”

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
In Enterprise didn't they bridge the gap with some retcon explanation?

Cybsled

Ya, it was basically a virus created by a Soong that altered their DNA and made them look human to explain the ToS Klingons. They mention it would eventually reverse in time, but it would take a while.

They could always retcon the Discovery Klingons as an attempt to accelerate the changes, but the changes went a little too hard

Cybsled

Lower Decks live action - curious what the crossover plot will be. Holodeck makes the most sense