Star Trek: Strange New Worlds

Oldbased

> Than U
1 episode in and feels much better then the whole of Picard season 2.
Picard seaon 2 feels like a series that was canceled but some emotional director could never let go, so they went back 30 years later and made a ending for closure.
The borg are now ok people, Q didn't mean all the crazy shit he did and didn't want to die alone with just his cats, Picard saved the day one last time.
Whew glad that reality that isn't real had a happy ending, what's next!

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Jan 6th caused the Eugenics Wars everybody! Even though the Eugenics Wars occurred 25 years earlier!

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Cybsled

The Eugenics Wars in the 90s is something they have been trying to fix for decades now, mostly by ignoring the fuck out of it or just tossing it into the WW3 conversation. Picard came the closest by that bit at the end where Project Khan was started or at least explored in the mid-90s

I mean it makes sense. It sort of takes you out of a show that doesnt present itself as an alternate timeline show where it has some history that doesn't make sense

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
You say 'fix', I say they're rewriting the established setting to justify continuing to shove contemporary politics in our face.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Brodhi

I picked the wrong week to stop sniffing glue.
<Donor>
Yea the "audit the vote" signs and shit ripped straight from Jan.6 protests was super clever CBS. They can't help themselves from being fucking retarded.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf

Cybsled

That was a little too on the nose showing actual footage vs. just talking about it, although they didn't explicitly call out any one side.

Half the politics forum seems to rub one out to the fantasy of a civil war occurring, so figured they would be glad about that lol

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
although they didn't explicitly call out any one side
That is exactly what they did. If they'd contrasted the Jan 6th footage with footage of Burn Loot Murder burning Minneapolis down or assaulting the White House then you could say they hadn't singled out a side. It wouldn't change their pathetic obsession with shoehorning in contemporary politics though.

Go re-watch The Savage Curtain and then tell me Nu Trek isn't a fucking abomination that aggressively shits all over Roddenberry's legacy.

• 2Like

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Jan 6th caused the Eugenics Wars everybody! Even though the Eugenics Wars occurred 25 years earlier!

Wait, are they seriously doing that?

That is exactly what they did. If they'd contrasted the Jan 6th footage with footage of Burn Loot Murder burning Minneapolis down or assaulting the White House then you could say they hadn't singled out a side. It wouldn't change their pathetic obsession with shoehorning in contemporary politics though.

Go re-watch The Savage Curtain and then tell me Nu Trek isn't a fucking abomination that aggressively shits all over Roddenberry's legacy.

Damn.

I'm not sure if I'm even interested in watching this now. I've had it up to here with hyperfocusing Jan 6 while totally ignoring the billions of dollars in damage done in Minneapolis and other places, which resulted in way more deaths (Jan 6th rioters didn't even kill anyone). IMO the Minneapolis / Washington DC attacks brought us way closer to a potential civil war than anything before or since.

At this point I'd take a false equivalency argument from left-wing propagandists because at least it'd be admitting that anything even happened.

Last edited:

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
That was a little too on the nose showing actual footage vs. just talking about it, although they didn't explicitly call out any one side.

Half the politics forum seems to rub one out to the fantasy of a civil war occurring, so figured they would be glad about that lol

Yeah I'm pretty tired of people (on both sides) rubbing one out over civil war fantasies. People do it on here, and leftists I know in RL openly wish for something like it to happen.

People need to get a grip. Our problem is with the people at the top, but they did a great job dividing all of us against each other instead.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
wait I see this galaxy brained topic is already being covered.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

pysek

It Didn't Happen, It Should've, and It Will.
<Gold Donor>
You poor bastards.

• 1Picard
  • 1Like

Cybsled

Wow, a Youtuber who makes hate click videos so he gets paid lots of money thinks this is bad! Who would have thought???

• 3Like
  • 2Worf

Fucker

Log Wizard
Wow, a Youtuber who makes hate click videos so he gets paid lots of money thinks this is bad! Who would have thought???
To be fair, the show is aggressively bad. Unlikable cast, all the women are ugly robodykes...and Spock has been recycled for the 10000000th time. Waiting for the big reveal that he's gay.

Jeez, didn't they look at the women before casting them? I can overlook one or two fugs, but all of them? Nah. All these women belong on the bridge of the USS Subaru, not this one.

• 2Worf
  • 2Like
  • 1Garbage

pysek

It Didn't Happen, It Should've, and It Will.
<Gold Donor>
To be fair, the show is aggressively bad. Unlikable cast, all the women are ugly robodykes...and Spock has been recycled for the 10000000th time. Waiting for the big reveal that he's gay.

Jeez, didn't they look at the women before casting them? I can overlook one or two fugs, but all of them? Nah. All these women belong on the bridge of the USS Subaru, not this one.
Spock is more than recycled.

1652385344319.png

Cybsled

2nd episode was fine - what you would expect from an episode of Trek: Simple problem becomes complex, gets solved with technobabble and logic. Toss in a little character development as well.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user