Star Trek: Strange New Worlds

Trollocaust

Lord Nagafen Raider
To be fair, the show is aggressively bad. Unlikable cast, all the women are ugly robodykes...and Spock has been recycled for the 10000000th time. Waiting for the big reveal that he's gay.

Jeez, didn't they look at the women before casting them? I can overlook one or two fugs, but all of them? Nah. All these women belong on the bridge of the USS Subaru, not this one.
So far they haven't been going FULL retard with the LGBTQQ posturing. Probably find out before the end of the season that half the crew isn't "cis", to use the retards own words.

I'd smash Christina Chong, she kinda reminds me of Cara Gee from the Expanse, which I would also smash. If you think she's not hot I'm sorry to inform you that you've got the gay.

Christina-Chong-facts-683x1024.jpg

Last edited:
  • 1Like
  • 1Garbage
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 2 users

spronk

FPS noob
I was just about to wonder if the security chief is Cara Gee from the Expanse, they look so similar! I guess i can't tell asians apart

Episode was awesome, I loved it. Reminded me a bit of the TNG episode where the crew has to move a comet but then I think Q interferes? Its nice they took their own spin on it here, and it was well done. Aliens all doing their own shit and not being super retarded, and it was cool the Shepards were just pretty religious and Pike didn't try to convince them that atheism is the way to go or give some idiotic speech about how Earth used to be religious but then got better. Just usual Trek "you do you, lets go in peace".

I lol'd hard at Kirk's brother (I assume its his brother, dad wouldn't make sense) touching random shit and then getting BTFO'd by it, that must be a family trait.

8/10 for me for the series so far, its such a breath of fresh air after the shitstorm that is PIcard and Discovery.

i mean look at this guy, such a great role model for boys. he cooks pancakes in episode 1, and now here he is in episode 2 teaching you wine pairing

FSU5JB-VkAEu_RQ

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Qhue

Trump's Staff
Pike has some damn fine hair. The Aenar engineer seems more than a little badass as well. I'm very much looking forward to seeing more of that guy. (they scored bonus points by hiring an actor who is severely vision impaired)

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ome

Molten Core Raider
Due to Pike knowing what his future holds and him sharing it with Spock and his Number One I get the feeling when the time comes his Number One will take the bullet for him.

Wingz

Being Poor Sucks.
So I 'm watching an episode ( first episode?) of this show and Spock is talking about a "WARP BOMB" and saying Warp can be used for other things.

I'm like..what. Warp is a measurement of speed. A warp drive is an matter / antimatter reaction chamber that produces energy to convert into speed within a subspace bubble around the ship.

That's like me going. I made a MPH bomb or a KPH bomb. I'd sound really really really stupid to anyone that knows what that is using a measurement of speed and putting the word BOMB after it.

I know it's stupid but I'm so put off by this I don't even want to watch the rest of the episode. The nerd in me just won't let it go.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So I 'm watching an episode ( first episode?) of this show and Spock is talking about a "WARP BOMB" and saying Warp can be used for other things.

I'm like..what. Warp is a measurement of speed. A warp drive is an matter / antimatter reaction chamber that produces energy to convert into speed within a subspace bubble around the ship.

That's like me going. I made a MPH bomb or a KPH bomb. I'd sound really really really stupid to anyone that knows what that is using a measurement of speed and putting the word BOMB after it.

I know it's stupid but I'm so put off by this I don't even want to watch the rest of the episode. The nerd in me just won't let it go.
Here, I got this from a discussion. It kind of makes sense.

I imagine two tiny black hole singularities such as those used commonly by the Romulan empire to produce the energy required for warp travel, except one singularity is made of normal matter and the other is made of antimatter. So not only is there a massive release of energy from the matter-antimatter annihilations but there's a massive gravitational "shockwave" that rapidly compresses (causing light elements to begin fusion) and just as quickly expands the fabric space-time. The rapid expansion literally rips molecular bonds apart as well as having the trillions of tiny fusion-fission detonations. Some atoms close enough to the gravitational shockwave would be "stretched" beyond the ability of the strong nuclear force to maintain the inter atomic bonds between protons and neutrons

Also

So back in the 1990s, before Generations there was a novel by Judith and Garfield Reeves-Stevens called "Federation," and goddamn if it wasn't one of the best Trek stories ever told. Sadly it's no longer canon (thirty years of shows and movies have changed a lot about what we know of the Trek universe) but it's still a fantastic read.
Anyways, one of the plot points of the story revolves around a villain from Earth's past searching for a "warp bomb" - also known as a zero-point energy bomb. Theoretically it's an impossibility - energy from nothing doesn't really work like that - but it has Starfleet incredibly alarmed.
I wonder if SNW is mining this book for new material? The Reeves-Stevens have written for Enterprise, and have been actively involved in Trek for some time now.

to add a little more to the idea of where the idea might have come from.

Enjoy.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
So far they haven't been going FULL retard with the LGBTQQ posturing. Probably find out before the end of the season that half the crew isn't "cis", to use the retards own words.

I'd smash Christina Chong, she kinda reminds me of Cara Gee from the Expanse, which I would also smash. If you think she's not hot I'm sorry to inform you that you've got the gay.

View attachment 412388
took 56 years to have a good looking asian on star trek

and no michelle yeoh is in gilf territory

• 1Like

spronk

FPS noob
took 56 years to have a good looking asian on star trek

and no michelle yeoh is in gilf territory

IMAGE-1.jpg

is that traditional asian garb or is it irish headgear to ward off evil leprachauns

• 1Worf

lgarthy

<Silver Donator>
Episode #2 was very good.

Let me clarify why I was so impressed with it, despite it's simple story arc.
They are achieving a Star Trek narrative that hits so many levels and audience demographics;
1) It's simple in it's structure; linear and complete
2) It has special effects that both satisfy old Trekkers and new-age hipster/JJA-trekkies.
3) It has tons of easter-eggs for the oldster fans (eg., Uhura singing...)
4) It had heart
5) It had meaningless action sequences for the F&F generation
6) It's so PC and it doesn't hurt you with it (They let the white guy command, right)?
7) There are deep philosophical connotations to this episode (which they foreshadowed with the blind-guy dinner interaction)
(if you care to think beneath the surface, but you don't HAVE to if you're a big dummy like most JJA fans)
8) It has re-watch potential

My only question is; They introduced the universal translator. Wouldn't that sort of make Uhura's command job unnecessary?

I liked it a lot. I bet JJ hated it.

Last edited:

lgarthy

<Silver Donator>

View attachment 412388
OMG-- I thought it WAS Cara Gee

Cybsled

2a106f00-cc9b-11ec-b8f8-c65971edc811.jpg

Screenshot 2022-05-15 at 14-01-59 drummer expanse - Google Search.png

There's almost no way they weren't inspired by Drummer's appearance in The Expanse. The hair style + shadowing around the eyes in combo are almost identical (Drummer's is a little more intense)

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Cybsled

Especially if it was a global extinction event caused by outside forces beyond their control. It's one thing if you got a nuclear war going on, or some planet poisoning themselves with whatever.

It's another when you have a bunch of tribal dudes in tents having their entire planet wiped out by a comet or blackhole or whatever.

Although I suppose the counter argument from them would be "If we were in orbit around Earth 65 million years ago and moved the asteroid that killed the dinosaurs, then humans would have never evolved"

• 1Like

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
That always bothered me about Starfleet. Not intervening in things like that just seemed evil.
Which is probably why almost every episode that ever deals with the prime directive involves the captain in question eventually coming up with some justification to intervene anyway. Off the top of my head I think Archer is the only captain who ever actually left a pre-warp civilization to die, and that was before the Prime Directive even existed.

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Which is probably why almost every episode that ever deals with the prime directive involves the captain in question eventually coming up with some justification to intervene anyway. Off the top of my head I think Archer is the only captain who ever actually left a pre-warp civilization to die, and that was before the Prime Directive even existed.

Picard technically left a civ to die in Homeward; did the whole sad speech and everything as the planet died. In Pen Pals, he was definitely going to but Data borked it up.