Star Trek: Strange New Worlds

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I thought this episode was average at best. And real cool Kirk has professional driving skills capable of handling a 700HP Dodge Challenger Hellcat.
I do not know if it is cannon, but there is a story of a young Kirk driving a Corvette. Now it was not his car and he drove it once but I presume it would have been a pretty strong memory. That could help to explain how he adapted fairly quickly to a dodge challenger.

Xenrauk

Trakanon Raider
I do not know if it is cannon, but there is a story of a young Kirk driving a Corvette. Now it was not his car and he drove it once but I presume it would have been a pretty strong memory. That could help to explain how he adapted fairly quickly to a dodge challenger.

Skylancer81

Molten Core Raider
So this week's ending...

Some fans wanted this since last year, but ffs quit changing the characters this much if it's still the Prime time line.

I like the show still, and in my mind the only way it works is that this is another divergent timeline based on Sarak having an adopted daughter (Discovery Michael Burnim) and that caused everything to change slightly. IE making Spock have a stunted childhood and now as an adult he is still overly emotional all the GD time.

lgarthy

<Silver Donator>
This episode was exactly what the series needed. It used the strengths of the actors and characters and broke from tradition just enough to be fresh, fun and without remorse or remediation. It didn't have do too much retcon bullshit (although it did have the foil of the "interdimensional beings.") Who cares? It was awesome! The layers of complexity of human-acting-as-vulcan and vulvans-trying-not-to-be-human were great. Ethan Peck pulled it off (even when, in the very beginning, I thought it would degrade into cheesiness).

Goddamnit, it was a very satisfying and fun episode! Fuck trying to perfectly weave the pre-TOS universe into the 1960's series! Fuck having to explain away any and every inconsistency with Timey-whimey bullcrap! Use the cast and characters you have and go have fun with them! Do it with skill, playfulness, all while retaining reverence for the source material. A+ guys.!

They knocked it out of the park with this one. Very emotional (especially for poor T'Pring). Everyone pulled it off. Even Spock's cunt of a mother-in-law. This was greatness.

Keep it up. Make freshness from old characters and have fun, be smart, emotional, playful and give the audience something new to love in old lore. Kudos! Loved it!

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

velk

Trakanon Raider
The Vulcan science academy seems like a fun place:

"I didn't want to just regurgitate the source material."

"Why not ?"

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Cybsled

Like Spock said, Vulcans can be dicks. Like when Pike made that Vulcan food and T’Ping’s dad was like “this is delicious”, then her mom is like “they’re too fancy and he added some salt” and then he parrots her. It’s hard to read if they’re just being racist against humans or legitimately that rigid. It seems like being that rigid and putting too much on tradition would stunt growth as a people

You do feel bad for T’Ping, though. She seems to legitimately care about Spock, but Spock has the feels for Chapel. It’s kind of to think Spock ultimately will end up not really pursuing either long term (T’Ping basically dumping him in Amock Time in TOS and Chapel still clearly having feelings for Spock in TOS, but something happened where he clearly isn’t reciprocating)

My theory is the Gorn shit that made him lose some emotional control will get fixed prior to TOS starts, with the impact of really suppressing his emotions even more

Also Spock’s mom is hot AF. Sarek made a logical choice

• 2Like

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
This episode was great, from start to finish.

'What the F-' (cuts to title sequence)

lol.

• 3Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Xenrauk

Trakanon Raider
I don't care what anyone says, this is some of the best trek in a long time, I'm highly enjoying this season. The only good thing that came out of discovery.
It's a shame they only get 10 eps per season, it should be full season.

• 6Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 7 users

Shmoopy

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Unlike Picard or later seasons of Discovery, show is worth a watch. :emoji_thumbsup:

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Kajiimagi

<Gold Donor>
How his series exist in the same world/ universe as discovery and be such complete opposites? I have watched all the discovery shows and have zero fucking idea what was going but SNW is always awesome.

Cybsled

“Hey, what if we made a Star Trek show that was like…Star Trek?

“You’re a genius!”

• 1Like

ShakyJake

<Donor>
What are you people smoking? This episode was total garbage.

Last edited:
  • 1Picard
  • 1Worf
  • 1Edgelord

Cybsled

I haven’t seen this week’s yet, but last weeks was good I thought

Edit: how was it garbage? It was a standard Trek plot line (mystery thing ends up being something else and crew solves it). The only questionable thing was Ohura giving the order to fire torpedoes, but was fine otherwise

Last edited:
  • 1Solidarity

Cybsled

This one looks like it will be good - the Lower Decks crossover

• 1Like

lgarthy

<Silver Donator>
This was an okay episode. Surprised to see who turned up in it. That was a nice plus. I think that the Kirk character is growing on me. But I still think he is too present in the series.

• 1Like

Arative

Vyemm Raider
I just finished the lower decks crossover. I thought it was great. Had me cracking up

• 2Like

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
Boimler scream in real life was A+. The whole thing was amazingly fun and showcases the anthology-esque nature of true episodic television. Give me Strange New World over Discovery anyday.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like

Cybsled

Episode was really funny. The closeups of Spock smiling and then cutting to Boimler getting super unsettled was A+. Also casually dropping future info unintentionally and the crew wanting to know yet not wanting to know