Star Trek: Strange New Worlds

Oldbased

> Than U
So I was catching up on these and noticed one episode was the 20th and the next 22nd which I am up to but not seen.
Did they change the date new episodes come out?
Also lol to Spock being engaged but let's see other aliens.
Least he bagged miss thang.

Cybsled

The crossover episode came out early because they showed the episode at ComicCon

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

lgarthy

<Silver Donator>
They are absolutely knocking it out of the park!
They made something incredibly ambitious and hard to pull off and MAN was it rewarding.
This show is crossing over into genius levels.
Funny as shit too.

• 2Like
  • 1Picard
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Kajiimagi

<Gold Donor>
They are absolutely knocking it out of the park!
They made something incredibly ambitious and hard to pull off and MAN was it rewarding.
This show is crossing over into genius levels.
Funny as shit too.
I still cannot believe this is the same universe as discovery, where one is sjw level stupid (Discovery) and one is just fucking awesome week after week(SNW). I only subscribed again to catch up on this season. This weeks with the doc and the klingon was epic as well.
I think next weeks is a musical, I hate musicals, and I'm looking FORWARD to it!

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

lgarthy

<Silver Donator>
I still cannot believe this is the same universe as discovery, where one is sjw level stupid (Discovery) and one is just fucking awesome week after week(SNW). I only subscribed again to catch up on this season. This weeks with the doc and the klingon was epic as well.
I think next weeks is a musical, I hate musicals, and I'm looking FORWARD to it!
The Buffy musical was the pivotal episode of that entire series and was incredible. I despise musicals, but I loved that episode.

Cybsled

Musical episodes can be hit or miss. Hopefully it is good.

Last musical episode I liked was from The Magicians

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Sumbitch, forgot yall said it was a music episode. I HATE music episodes.

I fast forwarded through the first song, and there was some more normal parts, but then the second song started, with like 5 minutes of singing before I just shut it off. Fucking stupid shit. I just want a mostly serious scifi TV show (as least TNG holodeck silliness didn't have fucking shitty music).

Kajiimagi

<Gold Donor>
Sumbitch, forgot yall said it was a music episode. I HATE music episodes.

I fast forwarded through the first song, and there was some more normal parts, but then the second song started, with like 5 minutes of singing before I just shut it off. Fucking stupid shit. I just want a mostly serious scifi TV show (as least TNG holodeck silliness didn't have fucking shitty music).
Yeah that was rough. For some stupid ass reason FF on my TV app didn't work for shit and I just turned the volume way down. I hate singing too. My wife was in / out getting ready for work while it was on and giving me some weird looks.

Still, this show is WAY better than 99% of the garbage that's on TV now so I deal. Sucks that next week is the last S2 episode. I love this show.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
The Klingons singing was A+. Uhura's song was easily the highlight of the episode, which makes sense given that the actress herself was in a major Broadway musical that won a bunch of awards a few years ago.

SNW is taking these big swings and while they don't always pay off they are at least all-in.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
The musical episode pretty much single handedly eroded all the good faith this show had built with me. This was made worse by the fact that they did a similar episode (Doc's daughter and nebula alien making a fairy tale thing) that was handled so much better. This was beyond gay, like discovery levels of gay. Also, we are seeing Kirk way too much in this show.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

Burns

The musical episode pretty much single handedly eroded all the good faith this show had built with me. This was made worse by the fact that they did a similar episode (Doc's daughter and nebula alien making a fairy tale thing) that was handled so much better. This was beyond gay, like discovery levels of gay. Also, we are seeing Kirk way too much in this show.
Watching 10 minutes of the musical made me lose a bit of interest in the show, but I guess I was never in the good faith camp.

After struggling though Discovery, up to 3 or 4 episodes into season 2, all faith in NuTrek will be tenuous at best. At least, until they get a show with 3 or 4 good seasons under their belt, or maybe NuTrek is just tainted forever by Discovery (for me).

Xenrauk

Trakanon Raider
Meh people overreacting too much over one episode. I'm not going to write off the show cause they decided to do one creative episode, last year they did the fantasy story episode. And Trek is littered with non space or odd or weird or silly or holodeck episodes, hello trouble with tribbles.
I don't like musicals so I fast forwarded past the songs and moved on. This show is still heads and shoulders above Discovery, and given the staff behind trek these days, that's a god damn miracle.

• 1Like

Cybsled

Perhaps this will reignite your interest in the show - clip from the season finale

• 1Like

joz123

Potato del Grande
I don't understand the people that say this show sucks because of a throwaway musical episode. This is still the best live action trek in a while. Most sci-fi shows have goofy episodes mixed in.

• 4Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Kajiimagi

<Gold Donor>
I wasn't a fan of the musical episode, but there is no way I'm giving up on the show. This show rocks! It's the only reason I'm paying for paramount + atm.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Burns

I don't understand the people that say this show sucks because of a throwaway musical episode. This is still the best live action trek in a while. Most sci-fi shows have goofy episodes mixed in.
I cant overstate how much I hate most musicals and all the shitty Idol/Voice reality bullshit. Anything related to that makes me think lesser of everyone involved that greenlit the episode.

The Sci-fi shows in the past may have had goofier episodes than I remember, but nothing I can recall that is even close to the same level as musical bullshit. Of course, coming off The Expanse, as the last good show I have watched, even with the mediocre later season, made it all the worse. I would rather watch a whole season of Naomi trapped in a dead belter ship, than endure an hour of listening to them sing showtunes style.

I don't remember Babylon 5, Dark Matter, Deep Space 9, Enterprise, or even SG:Atlantis having anything even close to being as bad as a musical is.

Does it make the show as a whole suck? No, but it's now rated worse than Enterprise, in my Star Trek book (for now). Which means there is only 1 show below it...

ShakyJake

<Donor>
Shockingly, some members here are lapping this garbage up.

Skylancer81

Molten Core Raider
Solid season finale. Now with the strikes waiting two years or more for season three is going to really suck.

SCOTTY!!!

I fucking hate cliff hanger season ending episodes with the heat of a thousand burning stars...
Making Pike look lost as they are ordered to warp out while being attacked by five Gorn ships... Weak.
Other than that I liked the episode, however...

Scotty was a Lt Commander at a space station before he ever stepped foot on the Enterprise for the first time... So there goes that continuity.
So this now firmly puts this series as alternate timeline/universe for me.
But it was so awesome seeing him miracle work the trap and I am sure in season three's first episode, the Gorn transponder.

• 2Solidarity

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
James T Kirk knowing he had a kid coming because Carol is pregnant already hinted that this is currently an alternative timeline.

I suspect that La'an, currently experienced time traveler and hater of the Gorn, will end up doing something that creates the established timeline where Kirk doesn't know about David, the Gorn are still a mystery etc.

• 1Like

Kajiimagi

<Gold Donor>
Well I was bummed about the cliffhanger ending before you brought up the writers strike...now fuck.

Still the best show on TV period (even with the musical episode!) , guess I'll do a rewatch of both seasons.

• 2Like