Star Wars: Battlefront, as told by Dice on Frostbite 3 (PS4?/XBone?/PC?)

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
90% of the people I follow on Twitch are streaming this right now. I watched a few over lunch and I'm just not hyped.
Its pretty polished for what it is atm - much more so than R6-Siege was. However id say its as much fun to watch as any shooter really - Beta is open tomorrow for all so no harm in testing it out. I'll put up some 1440p vids later if i have time.

Also im not sure Spronk.

spronk

FPS noob
90% of the people I follow on Twitch are streaming this right now. I watched a few over lunch and I'm just not hyped.
1460941694790987554.gif

it definitely feels way more battlefield-y than star wars-y, but I think it'll be a fun game to pop in and play casually. Between Halo, Call of Duty, Destiny, and this though the winter FPS game list is pretty stacked.

and yeah my earlier post was straight up from ea, the beta is open on all consoles and PC oct 8th - 12th no reg required or anything.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
The starting guns are terrible just like they are in BF! The FnF was pretty limited so im hoping more of the game mode open up tomorrow to fiddle with - Ended up with a 50gb raw file, will have to wait till later.

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
I loved BF1942 and BF2, but the 3 and 4 were shit in comparison to me. Not only did they take away all mod support, they made you pay out the ass for every little expansion. Also, the destruct-able environments were cool and everything but it really fucked over your infantry players. I still don't understand their maps, huge open flat swathes of land with little to no protection between cap points.

To each their own, but I think they were subpar and glad I only paid full price for BF3 on PS3. Well worth the 5 bucks for the others.
Completely agree. Not to mention they were buggier than hell and back. And this game (Still on the fence but I'll play the beta for shits and giggles since it is free) is the reason why mods are gone. Why have someone make a cool mod to extend the life of a game series when you can bring that in house and charge full price for one. (Pretty stupid even from a business perspective actually because if they made the games moddable and decreased the yearly releases, they would make more money on the past overall products over time with less development overhead, and then wouldn't be bringing the entire IP to fatigue in the process)

Common sense - Not a trait EA possesses.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Been watching some of the twitch streams, get a complete eh feeling about it. Maybe actually playing will be different but the game play doesn't seem all that fun. Glad to have this open beta to give it a test before wasting $$$

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
It's exactly what everyone expected: Battlefield with a Star Wars skin. It's not really BAD per say, but it's nothing new either. The audio is really, really well done though.

Xevy

Log Wizard
I'm watching Summit play it and if weapon customization/gear customization is more than is being shown in the beta I think it'll be a pretty solid game.

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
It's exactly what everyone expected: Battlefield with a Star Wars skin. It's not really BAD per say, but it's nothing new either. The audio is really, really well done though.
Yeah the audio is always well done for these games. Too bad that specific quality cannot be transferred to all the other segments of the game(s)

Drajakur

Molten Core Raider
Hi folks,

Got some beta keys from work. Let yee who gets to them first partake.

For PC/Origin
9AW6-6CK8-AWSX-J97D-GJ8G
AMU4-FPVD-UEGZ-23C9-G9FV
EEKB-DLR3-9AS7-6ZXM-8TKS
D9C4-QQT9-ZRNF-GGC7-FNTT
3LBT-NLMK-E6RR-DKYQ-TYWV

For Xbox One
2KXQR-F9J29-69YTG-6TPDD-TJHMZ
2KXRM-JQGGW-3HKH6-FXVK2-HTWRZ
2KXRX-X9746-KXF3G-M24JR-4DTHZ
2KXT9-W4FQP-JMVDJ-7DKD2-4F4VZ

Enjoy.

Column_sl

shitlord
Holy fuck is this game awesome. The motion capture is insane on this game, feels like real actors are in there with you.

I'm also pretty impressed with how smooth the PC version is maxed out.

Column_sl

shitlord
Ok after an hour of playing it is a really fun game. It doesn't really play like Battlefield imo.

If you are a Star Wars fan you are going to get chills playing this game. I hope they have a ton of maps for it.

It's pretty impressive.