Star Wars: Battlefront, as told by Dice on Frostbite 3 (PS4?/XBone?/PC?)

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So I'll never lose as the Rebels again. You guys want to know how to ruin the game?

Orbital Strike the AT AT when its shields are down. One-shot.
Hmm I just did this and it did zero dmg, does it have to be aimed dead center? I was leading it slightly.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Hmm I just did this and it did zero dmg, does it have to be aimed dead center? I was leading it slightly.
I lead it very, very slightly. Like maybe 20% of it wasn't on it. Have to make sure the Y-Wings take the shield down, obviously. So for each tick of damage you do you get +5, right? When I did it earlier I got +925 damage in one go and it died so I'm assuming it does a full +1000 at least.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I lead it very, very slightly. Like maybe 20% of it wasn't on it. Have to make sure the Y-Wings take the shield down, obviously. So for each tick of damage you do you get +5, right? When I did it earlier I got +925 damage in one go and it died so I'm assuming it does a full +1000 at least.
HMm, maybe I lead it a bit too much then.

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
Its nothing more than a reskinned and dumbed/faster version of BF4. Pretty much a cash grab for the upcoming release.
That seems pretty harsh but I really just began asking around today. Most people I have spoken to has stated that felt the beta was an unfair assessment but it demonstrated the game had some huge potential.

Let's face it the FPS genre is pretty saturated at the moment with Destiny/Take King, Halo5 on the horizon, and a trail of half-baked others. Star Wars is making a little bit of a commercial comeback and I at least like seeing people are dabbling with the universe again. It's been pretty pathetic over the last few years in terms of Star Wars games and this at least looks fun.

There's no doubt it's a cash grab but that can be ok if they deliver.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
It doesn't play anything like BF4. Honestly, I wish it was MORE of a BF4 reskin.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Been in party with some friends who are playing it - about 10 or so and they all love it - then again these guys also have the Star Wars soundtrack playing in the background while they play BFront. They are loving it while complaining about some of the mechanics so theyre not just blindly following it atleast. I've still to yet play the console version and i still think the beta is a bad assessment of the final/actual build/quality of the game - Its best to just wait till release and see what others who've put in time/money have to say.

Those saying its BF reskinned just arent getting beyond the fact its frostbite and DICE.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
If they mean reskinned BF4 in that it looks and runs amazing, then yeah.

spronk

FPS noob
its way more like call of duty than battlefield. when i think of battlefield i think of squad tactics, large maps, vehicle combat, longer time to kills, sniping, cover tactics, Z-axis combat, objectives, support classes, massive loadout choices, choppers and jets and the people who can fly them or crash them, etc.

(this) Battlefront is basically run and gun, at best 2 man groups, fast TTKs, constant movement, weird/shitty vehicle stuff thats more or less on rails, tiny variations in loadouts, no real classes, Nintendo style powerups (might as well make em mushrooms), minimal objectives, and a lot more stuff that is basically call of duty

so yeah anyone who says its battlefield reskinned is a fucking retard who clearly hasn't touched the beta

and yeah rebels were winning a ton more games tonight than last night, they pretty much will have to do something about orbital strikes vs at-at's. also riding around in an at-at is basically godlike, wonder if they will come up with a way to counter that

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Those are the strong points - but the mechanics will need some tweaking and balancing - however the potential is there, just need to see how the other game modes play.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
its way more like call of duty than battlefield. when i think of battlefield i think of squad tactics, large maps, vehicle combat, longer time to kills, sniping, cover tactics, Z-axis combat, objectives, support classes, massive loadout choices, choppers and jets and the people who can fly them or crash them, etc.

(this) Battlefront is basically run and gun, at best 2 man groups, fast TTKs, constant movement, weird/shitty vehicle stuff thats more or less on rails, tiny variations in loadouts, no real classes, and a lot more stuff that is basically call of duty

so yeah anyone who says its battlefield reskinned is a fucking retard who clearly hasn't touched the beta
Well i imagine there will be alot more load out choices with "hopefully" a plethora of choices to go through before having a set character - there should also be classes in the end also - The tactics arent yet defined since its beta and we havent played all of the game modes so that remains to be seen - basically its my wishful optimism that this doesnt end up anything near a shitty CoD like game.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
I've played for a few hours now and something about the movement just puts me off. Definitely off my buy list at this point.

Delly

Trakanon Raider
I feel everyone is extremely critical of this game due to DICE/EA. It isn't amazing but its not terrible either. With more unlocks/guns/maps it should be worth the money at the very least. Unless you have no friends to play with or are strapped for cash.

Quaid

Trump's Staff
The game is absolutely gorgeous, and the audio is some of the best I've ever experienced.

The lethality is way too high IMO, but that might just be me sucking.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
The game is absolutely gorgeous, and the audio is some of the best I've ever experienced.

The lethality is way too high IMO, but that might just be me sucking.
There are definately aimbots already...One guy just sat on top of the damn hill in front of the Rebel base and went 69-2. You couldn't even sneak up behind him without him moving like a water sprinkler and killing you.

THIS is why they need dedicated servers. Was a must buy for me, to a no thx after seeing that shit.

Warrik

Potato del Grande
<Donor>
Visually, game is beautiful and the audio is fantastic, but it just magnifys the missed opportunity here to create something wonderful rather than a Star Wars Battlefield skin.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Visually, game is beautiful and the audio is fantastic, but it just magnifys the missed opportunity here to create something wonderful rather than a Star Wars Battlefield skin.
Again either someone that didn't play or is just being a sheep. Nothing about it is like battlefield, but the companies and engine.