Star Wars: Battlefront, as told by Dice on Frostbite 3 (PS4?/XBone?/PC?)

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Ut, where'd your new friend go? Thread was just getting good. Well, better than Battlefront anyways.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
This game seems like more a match for so many on this board:

rrr_img_122268.jpg

Dandain

Trakanon Raider
Rocket League is awesome. And we should have a dedicated rerolled Rocket League clan. I am playing mostly ranked now, but we should play. I have about 200 hours easily into this sucker - it's one of the best games I have ever played.
If anything happens I play consistently on PC, I'd join in on anything.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
This game seems like more a match for so many on this board:

rrr_img_122268.jpg
If I agree with you on some posts on this forum, which I have lately, does that make me a lemming as well? Correct me if I read into the innuendo wrong.

Intrinsic I have no idea where he went
frown.png
He must now know he cannot troll people here to get them probated like you can on SA
smile.png

Dain I play on PC too
smile.png
are we friends on steam? Add Utnayan.

Nester

Vyemm Raider
A kid who works as a student aid in my department wanted to sell it and the game store would not give him ten bucks for it, so I offered him 12 out of morbid curiosity. It is a horrible game and the laughs my wife and I got out of the tutorials were not worth the 12 bucks. While not an utterly terrible game, the usual EA shit that Ut covered and the obvious squandering of a great IP would have me really pissed if I had shelled out 60 large for this shovelware.
Its horrible, but not utterly terrible? I don't even know what that means.

Whats worse, Terrible or Horrible? | Yahoo Answers

I paid full pull and bought digitally, I have no regrets, I think I have 20 hours of play time and it was pretty damn fun. Xwing vs tie fighter when you get the MF hero power is so much fun. That being said I doubt I will buy the SP or any DLC, especially at its current pricing.

I regret my Kylo Ren Signature lightsaber more than this game, I should have gotten Luke's Green or Blue one instead.

I am a nerd, it happens, deal with it.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I was just bored and trolling you ut, was trying to see if I could get a better reaction but I got bored

Brikker

Trump's Staff
I shouldn't have got this on console. The inability to talk to your team in any way really sucks. Also seems like it's impossible to compete with the real high end players without the keyboard/mouse peripherals which I assume they must be using to play the way they do...

Maybe I'll just get a XIM.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
I have a friend defending this game like it's the second coming of Jesus. He also states it is EXACTLY like BF4 and all this hate speech is a conspiracy, so I've been forced to troll the shit out of him all week.

spronk

FPS noob
I shouldn't have got this on console. The inability to talk to your team in any way really sucks. Also seems like it's impossible to compete with the real high end players without the keyboard/mouse peripherals which I assume they must be using to play the way they do...

Maybe I'll just get a XIM.
you don't need a kbm. you need a good weapon, which unfortunately you don't get till like rank 25 (dl44) or p2w with the deluxe edition, which gives you a DL-44 at level 1. you also need to get good at hip firing, using ADS (left bumper zooming) will almost always get you killed if your opponent isn't ADSing. i suck at FPS and sometimes go 3-4 KDR on battlefront, just gotta be smart about not rushing forward and paying attention to radar/maps.

Loadout on this game is also much bigger deal than blops 3/BF4, a bowcaster and bounty hunter and jetpack loadout just DESTROYS every other loadout in the game, but unfortunately you don't get all this shit until like level 40 and thats a shit load of grinding. I'd probably put it at the level of Destiny of where gear really matters.

Derpa

Trakanon Raider
you don't need a kbm. you need a good weapon, which unfortunately you don't get till like rank 25 (dl44) or p2w with the deluxe edition, which gives you a DL-44 at level 1. you also need to get good at hip firing, using ADS (left bumper zooming) will almost always get you killed if your opponent isn't ADSing. i suck at FPS and sometimes go 3-4 KDR on battlefront, just gotta be smart about not rushing forward and paying attention to radar/maps.

Loadout on this game is also much bigger deal than blops 3/BF4, a bowcaster and bounty hunter and jetpack loadout just DESTROYS every other loadout in the game, but unfortunately you don't get all this shit until like level 40 and thats a shit load of grinding. I'd probably put it at the level of Destiny of where gear really matters.
EE-3 is superior to the DL-44 on certain game modes/maps even the SE-14C is better.

But the loadout you listed is broken as all fuck lol.

spronk

FPS noob
Looks like EA was conservative with its 13m in sales by March, NPD data confirms Battlefront has sold through (to users) 12m copies in 2015.
ZhugeEX on Twitter:

Probably will be 15m copies by March. Minus the one Utnayan bought used, of course.

Rise of the Tomb Raider and Halo 5 were the huge loser this holiday, with RoTR doing around 1m worldwide and Halo around 2m. PS4 sales up like 45% year over year.

Rafterman

Molten Core Raider
I'm going to have so much fun with this fucko. It's been a long time. And there isn't a better thread to do it in.

Please inform the forum Rafterman, how you were banned from Neogaf for posting off topic as a strong white male republican? The power of Utnayan compels you.

Ps: You're in my world now, bitch.
FYI I got banned for being on the wrong side of a "fuck all cops #234124324 thread". If you must know, and I shit you not, I called a poster in the thread an idiot and was immediately banned. When is the last time you saw someone on the right (meaning far left) side of an argument there get banned for calling someone an idiot? It doesn't happen, but because I was routinely on the wrong side of the approved stance list I got perm'd for calling some fucking douchebag "an idiot". It's hilarious, actually.

My post @12:03:
NeoGAF - View Single Post - Does anyone else feel bothered by how anti-police things have gotten online?

I was banned within the hour. My ban notice literally said "you called a user an idiot, you know you can't do that and were warned it would be permanant" which is laughable, and the part about the perm warning was a lie. If I'd have been all "fuck all cops" I could call someone arguing with me a piece of shit and get 50 pat's on the back from other users, including mods.

Unless it was because they are on the EA troll payroll along with this idiot listed in the links.

Maxis/EA Caught Trying to Spin SimCity Disaster on NeoGAF - General Discussion - Giant Bomb

Maxis/EA caught infiltrating NeoGaf to downplay Sim City problems through fake user.. - PC - Day One Patch Boards

Now for this particular breed of viral EA scum: Don't you go by the name Jedi Knight Luigi on SA? Remember when I outed your sorry ass?

What's even better? I was red title free until about an hour before Rafterman posted about it here in this forum. 10 bucks buddy! (You idiot)

Come on Rafterman show me what you've got!
This is all a bunch of absolute bullshit, please quit lying. First off, I don't pay to post on forums, so I don't have a SA account, and couldn't have given you your tag. Second, the tag has been there for weeks and the person who told me about it said as much before I even read the thread. Third, if I posted on SA, I'd use the same name I use here, and used on NeoGAF. You really are crazy with these tinfoil hat theories you have.

Intrinsic I have no idea where he went
frown.png
He must now know he cannot troll people here to get them probated like you can on SA
smile.png
I had decided I wasn't going to argue with the resident crazy person, but what the fuck, you're so excited to get me into your world I figured why not? I haven't trolled you yet, btw. Star Wars Battlefront sold pretty damn great and you were fucking wrong, it will easily pass EA's predictions by a good margin, you going to finally admit that or keep doubling down with your nonsense and tinfoil hat bullshit?

And if this is your world why am I constantly using your nuts as a speed bag?

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
FYI I got banned for being on the wrong side of a "fuck all cops #234124324 thread". If you must know, and I shit you not, I called a poster in the thread an idiot and was immediately banned. When is the last time you saw someone on the right (meaning far left) side of an argument there get banned for calling someone an idiot? It doesn't happen, but because I was routinely on the wrong side of the approved stance list I got perm'd for calling some fucking douchebag "an idiot". It's hilarious, actually.

My post @12:03:
NeoGAF - View Single Post - Does anyone else feel bothered by how anti-police things have gotten online?

I was banned within the hour. My ban notice literally said "you called a user an idiot, you know you can't do that and were warned it would be permanant" which is laughable, and the part about the perm warning was a lie. If I'd have been all "fuck all cops" I could call someone arguing with me a piece of shit and get 50 pat's on the back from other users, including mods.
Way to stick up for the boys in blue!

Now, glad you are back. Where did you go???? I missed you guy!

This is all a bunch of absolute bullshit, please quit lying. First off, I don't pay to post on forums, so I don't have a SA account, and couldn't have given you your tag. Second, the tag has been there for weeks and the person who told me about it said as much before I even read the thread. Third, if I posted on SA, I'd use the same name I use here, and used on NeoGAF. You really are crazy with these tinfoil hat theories you have.
So wait, you just happened to know that I post on SA and on here, and came here at exactly the same time I got the little avatar? Jesus Christ, I lost my wallet in 1998. Do you know where it is Miss Cleo?

I had decided I wasn't going to argue with the resident crazy person, but what the fuck, you're so excited to get me into your world I figured why not? I haven't trolled you yet, btw. Star Wars Battlefront sold pretty damn great and you were fucking wrong, it will easily pass EA's predictions by a good margin, you going to finally admit that or keep doubling down with your nonsense and tinfoil hat bullshit?
Not until I see the numbers. If it did sell well, there is no denying it - and if it did, the 50% price drop for a month after release sure probably helped right? Meanwhile, for all those people that bought it, sure as fuck all are playing it after realizing they were duped as fuck.

This is right now - Friday night at 7:02 CSWNT. (Central Star Wars Nerd Time.)

PC: 7,137 (24h peak: 12,627)

XBOXONE: 61,821 (24h peak: 65,076)

PS4: 84,423 (24h peak: 97,459)

Total: 153,381
Wow.

I felt a great disturbance in the Force, as if millions of wallets suddenly cried out in terror, and were suddenly silenced. I fear something terrible has happened.

And if this is your world why am I constantly using your nuts as a speed bag?
That's all you have? Seriously? I FUCKING WAITED FOR WEEKS FOR YOUR RETURN AND THAT IS ALL YOU HAVE??????

Now IF... They had sold 13 million cross platform, and there are 153,381 playing it now, that means 12,846,619 citizens of Jesus Christ's planet are now either....

A) Kicking their mom and dad's ass for not getting BLOPS 3 for them instead.
B) Ashamed of themselves and taking a leave of absence from the internet to re-evaluate their life.
C) The Dog ate the disc.
D) The Cat pissed on their device forfeiting an ability to play it digitally.
E) Had a choice between playing this piece of shit or beating off with a cheese grater - they took option 2 so they wouldn't breed anymore out of shame.
F) A and then C and they were thankful for C.

And if I am wrong and this thing sold past ten million, I honestly fucking fear for the state of the industry more now than ever, and you should to.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I bought a PS4 and this game. My PSN thing isTortugaMang. Could be me or one of my brothers if they're here or even my awful nephews playing though. We're all pretty bad except the one brother.