Star Wars: Battlefront, as told by Dice on Frostbite 3 (PS4?/XBone?/PC?)

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
It's a fun game, that be said its not very deep. You can easily get $30 value out of it running around blasting chumps and flying a flat round spaceship.
It's just so light... There's nothing to it. So if you're fine with just playing one match to the next with unlocks being very minimal in terms of character development and progression, it's ok. The game looks great, sounds great, and you get a rush a first few times you become a hero so if you can mix up the game modes enough, you'll get some decent play out of it. Shame that it was pretty close to being a good game but it's really just a nice casual shoot that happened to at least hit a homerun on sound and graphics.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
When you have the labor intensive aspects nailed (game engine, sound, graphics, level architecture) it should be relatively easy to change things up and make a really compelling game from the component bits.

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
Star Wars Battlefront estimated to sell 6m copies in Nov and 6m copies in Dec, 12m so far. Will far exceed EA's expectations of 13m copies sold by March. Thats NOT including the $20 copy Ut got, of course
Star Wars Battlefront Sales Hit 12 Million Copies in 2015, According to Analyst
These are analysts guessing. And it's Pachter. There are zero confirmed numbers at this point and with the population of the game being monitored, and more people playing a 2 year game than this one, I highly doubt those estimated numbers.

Stave

Potato del Grande
I'm betting a lot of these were bought by parents for kids for xmas, and I'm guessing they played for a couple days and went back to CODbros3 and Destiny.

Rafterman

Molten Core Raider
These are analysts guessing. And it's Pachter. There are zero confirmed numbers at this point and with the population of the game being monitored, and more people playing a 2 year game than this one, I highly doubt those estimated numbers.
Quit digging and just admit you were wrong. There were nearly half a million people playing at the same time over Christmas. The game sold great while you were claiming the opposite. You don't have to like it, but sooner or later you're going to have to accept it.

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Quit digging and just admit you were wrong. There were nearly half a million people playing at the same time over Christmas. The game sold great while you were claiming the opposite. You don't have to like it, but sooner or later you're going to have to accept it.
No shit. Why cant people just fucking admit they could have been wrong. One of my buggest gripes with human kind. No one is perfect so who gives a fuck if you arent right about everything?

Its mind boggling as people are more likely to respect you when you do admit to your misgivings.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
No shit. Why cant people just fucking admit they could have been wrong. One of my buggest gripes with human kind. No one is perfect so who gives a fuck if you arent right about everything?

Its mind boggling as people are more likely to respect you when you do admit to your misgivings.
I'll admit when I'm wrong when the actual fucking numbers come out, not estimates from a guy named Pachter who not only takes it up the ass from EA monthly, is wrong damn near 80% of the time with all of his analysis. I have no doubt it sold more when they dropped the price damn near fifty percent for a month less than three weeks after launch. No way in hell is it at 13 million platform wide.

Rafterman

Molten Core Raider
I'll admit when I'm wrong when the actual fucking numbers come out, not estimates from a guy named Pachter who not only takes it up the ass from EA monthly, is wrong damn near 80% of the time with all of his analysis. I have no doubt it sold more when they dropped the price damn near fifty percent for a month less than three weeks after launch. No way in hell is it at 13 million platform wide.
Actually, two separate analysts have come out and claimed 12 million plus in sales. And it's interesting that not two weeks ago you were pulling poor sales figures out of your ass and acting like they were gospel, but when two industry experts have numbers of their own that contradict your stance you waive them off as meaningless.

Just face it, you let your emotions get the better of you and because of that said a bunch of shit that doesn't hold water. You took your victory lap a bit too early and now you'll just have to suck it up and admit it. Or keep doubling down, whatever floats your boat.

P.S. who at EA fucked your girl? Or do you get this big a hard on every time you buy a game you don't like?

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Actually, two separate analysts have come out and claimed 12 million plus in sales. And it's interesting that not two weeks ago you were pulling poor sales figures out of your ass and acting like they were gospel, but when two industry experts have numbers of their own that contradict your stance you waive them off as meaningless.
Fuck yes I do when it comes from PR EA back pocket press. The first one even said the majority of revenue came from an average 55 dollar retail price when the thing was 34.99-39.99 for a month damn near everywhere 2 weeks after the fucker launched.

And I'm not taking a victory dance of anything. EA holds exclusive rights for Star Wars for ten years. That means I will continue to see shit in a box for 10 years. Who the hell counts that as a victory as a huge Star Wars fan? Fucking no one. At all.

Let's revisit this thread after EA announces their true revenue, and we can see how it pans out, rather then take shit as face value from at least one analyst who has his head up his ass. And that's fairly well known.

Edit: Wait a minute, aren't you that same useless fucking twat EA Bioware apologist that managed to get banned over at Neogaf?

Rafterman

Molten Core Raider
Fuck yes I do when it comes from PR EA back pocket press. The first one even said the majority of revenue came from an average 55 dollar retail price when the thing was 34.99-39.99 for a month damn near everywhere 2 weeks after the fucker launched.

And I'm not taking a victory dance of anything. EA holds exclusive rights for Star Wars for ten years. That means I will continue to see shit in a box for 10 years. Who the hell counts that as a victory as a huge Star Wars fan? Fucking no one. At all.

Let's revisit this thread after EA announces their true revenue, and we can see how it pans out, rather then take shit as face value from at least one analyst who has his head up his ass. And that's fairly well known.

Edit: Wait a minute, aren't you that same useless fucking twat EA Bioware apologist that managed to get banned over at Neogaf?
Which NeoGAF faggot are you? It doesn't surprise me that you post there the way you act like a petulant child when talking about video games.

And why I got banned over there had nothing to do with video games at all, certainly not being an EA apoligist, which is fucking laughable. I'm a white dude who doesn't fucking hate himself and made the mistake of posting in off topic, that's why I was banned, along with anyone else who doesn't toe the batshit crazy liberal line over there.

Rafterman

Molten Core Raider
Holy shit. If I'd have known before hand what a fucking lunatic this guy was I would have ignored him from the beginning.

Apparently he got run off from SA, not for exposing shills, but for being an insufferable cunt and basically having a mental breakdown in the Battlefront thread. They even changed his avatar and sig to "EA killed my wife". Then he immediately comes to this thread and starts spewing the same shit over here almost word for word, complete with the " go back to (insert forum)" nonsense and complete bit shit craziness.

All this over a video game. The fact that he had beta, a 10 hour EA Access demo, and still went out and fucking bought the game, just so he could bitch about it, shows he's not all there. And from all accounts this routine behavior from this guy.

Fucking sad.

spronk

FPS noob
hey no one's allowed to make fun of ut except curt schilling and people who do massive amounts of coke while running a game studio

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
hey no one's allowed to make fun of ut except curt schilling and people who do massive amounts of coke while running a game studio
I'm going to have so much fun with this fucko. It's been a long time. And there isn't a better thread to do it in.

Please inform the forum Rafterman, how you were banned from Neogaf for posting off topic as a strong white male republican? The power of Utnayan compels you.

Ps: You're in my world now, bitch.

Fadaar

That guy
I'm going to have so much fun with this fucko. It's been a long time. And there isn't a better thread to do it in.

Please inform the forum Rafterman, how you were banned from Neogaf for posting off topic as a strong white male republican? The power of Utnayan compels you.

In his defense it's rather easy to get banned from gaf if you aren't a super left wing sissy

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
latest