Star Wars: Battlefront, as told by Dice on Frostbite 3 (PS4?/XBone?/PC?)

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Whats the hype behind this? It looks like nothing more than a a dumbed down starwars themed BF4 xpac.

Quaid

Trump's Staff
The shooting mechanics are entirely different from what I can see in gameplay footage. Looks like verticality is more of a thing.

Also light sabres.

Furthermore, X-Wings.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
It's basically Star Wars Battlefield.
Except battlefront was good back in the days, so its battlefront+frostbite. Everything with frostbite isnt just battlefield, if youve never played the older games than i guess you have nothing to compare it with.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Whats the hype behind this? It looks like nothing more than a a dumbed down starwars themed BF4 xpac.
There are quite a few people that didn't care about Battlefield, CoD, or any of the dudebro FPS in the last 5-7 years. So whether this is dumbed down or reskinned anything in relation to those games means nothing to all the Starwars fans that just want another Battlefront.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Seems the now live emails went out a day early, may as well ignore if you get.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Disagree, flying is not terrible, perhaps a bit simplified? but not terrible.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Disagree, flying is not terrible, perhaps a bit simplified? but not terrible.
Ya. Like it's made with console gamers in mind. Too simple. Boring.

Yes I know it's an alpha, but this map is bleh. Just not a good map to showcase your game IMO.

Think BC2 instead of BF4 btw when playing this.

What little cover there is, is made to be crouched behind or standing up firing. No prone.

There is very little rhyme or reason to the spawn points. So enemies come from damn near any direction. Makes putting together a tactical assault a useless. Just try your best to get to the edge of the map and flank as best you can.

AT-ST, can be taken out way to easily with blasters. They are nothing at all to be feared.

AT-AT's have a timer on them on how long they may be ridden/driven. You clearly get a good driver, and he lasts one minute doing great work, stopping momentum as the empire.

I can in no way shape or form distinguish distances or directions with the sound. Making the weird spawn placement even worse.

Once defenders get the high ground, it is damn near impossible to root them out. I have seen guys go 80-10 or so. It's silly. Especially with the silly respawn rate of grenades. As soon as I got the high ground my K/D ratio shot up to like 5-1. It's normally below 1-1. Attackers need a way to reach high ground.

Out of 20 matches. I may have seen attackers win twice?

Personal issue here. I can't figure how to click zoom. I must hold the button down. It sucks.

They got the lighting perfect. Transitioning from outside to inside leaves you vulnerable for a couple seconds...Think flash bangs, but not nearly as bad.

So far it's ok. Not great. It's Star Wars, so I will buy it like everyone else. Plus all my bitching is fixed in quick tweaks. Plus it's an alpha. Just some info for those wondering.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
The respawn points all seem to be around a certain area of the map on your side, but they are not dynamic, and it seems to be certain points or spawn on a friend. I noticed that people were respawning at one spot when we got to their side and they kept spawning infront of us and dying. Attacks have won quite a few times, but its alpha so should not expect nothing but a core of anything that will be something else.

spronk

FPS noob
don't forget if you have ea access on xbone you will get to play it 5 days early for a few (?) hours