Star Wars: Battlefront, as told by Dice on Frostbite 3 (PS4?/XBone?/PC?)

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
I'm really liking the overall feel of the game. The graphics and sound are just superb. Also like that they are using the overheat mechanic from Mass Effect 1 rather than "reloading" on account of how you never once see anyone in StarWars reload. Played on Hoth as imperial and got the Vader power up which does indeed make you feel like a badass. The "capture pods" on Sullust is much more of a traditional shooter arena sort of experience with everyone zerging like crazy. Did Survival a couple times and that was a blast too, I can only imagine how crazy that gets with 9 more waves in the retail launch.

Overall a fun experience and I'm sure I'll get the full game, but as a Star Wars nerd who has a Captain Phasma figure chilling out on top of his Xbox there was little chance I'd miss it.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Kinda sad that games released nearly 20 years ago did the tow cable better. (19 years for Shadows of the Empire, 17 for Rogue Squadron.)
Yeah the earlier Battlefront destroys this in terms of features and content. How long was this being reskinned for? About 14 months?

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Holy fuckballs this game is great.

They really need to fix the fucking imbalance on the hoth map though, jesus christ. If you're rebel it's 100% auto lose.
Weird, because in the previous beta it was hard to get a win as the Empire.

Gorehack

Lord Nagafen Raider
Weird, because in the previous beta it was hard to get a win as the Empire.
I played probably 13 games last night, and it was 7 wins as Imperials and 6 losses as rebels.

The flying is...odd. Not like Battlefront 2 whatsoever. Not sure if it's a setting I didn't fuck around with or what, but the aircraft were turning slow as shit which made it insanely hard to pilot the speeder (even with my xbox controller) to tow cable the fuckin AT-AT's (which I saw no one do). There was one game where the rebels managed to get down an AT-AT but there was only enough time to get the 2nd one down halfway before we got shit on. On a related note, I went like 43-1 in an AT-ST one game.

Hopefully they have a ton more items you can end up buying in multiplayer, but the rifle + jetpack are pretty much mandatory. The third slot is up for grabs but the ion charge leads for 3rd. Will be fun to see what all they end up with. I played me the fuck out of some BFrontII.

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Got the PC preloaded to try it out since I'm off all weekend. Will be in as Brikker, I assume you can friend people and group with this retarded matchmaking? If any of the old BF bros are playing, add me etc.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
I played probably 13 games last night, and it was 7 wins as Imperials and 6 losses as rebels.

The flying is...odd. Not like Battlefront 2 whatsoever. Not sure if it's a setting I didn't fuck around with or what, but the aircraft were turning slow as shit which made it insanely hard to pilot the speeder (even with my xbox controller) to tow cable the fuckin AT-AT's (which I saw no one do). There was one game where the rebels managed to get down an AT-AT but there was only enough time to get the 2nd one down halfway before we got shit on. On a related note, I went like 43-1 in an AT-ST one game.

Hopefully they have a ton more items you can end up buying in multiplayer, but the rifle + jetpack are pretty much mandatory. The third slot is up for grabs but the ion charge leads for 3rd. Will be fun to see what all they end up with. I played me the fuck out of some BFrontII.
HTF did you go 43-1? There was a time limit of like 1 minute where you could pilot them previously. I REALLY hope they got rid of that time limit. Loved being in the AT-ST.

Also I thought the game played more like Bad Company 2 as opposed to BF4.

Column_sl

shitlord
Has anyone downloaded this on the PS4 yet? Cant even find it on the store.

Want to try it out on the consoles now.

Sumi_sl

shitlord
Has anyone downloaded this on the PS4 yet? Cant even find it on the store.

Want to try it out on the consoles now.
Checking online it seems to be hitting the PS4 stores at 1pm today. I may be on my lunch break from work to see if that is true.

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
First minutes are fun (the game is pretty, runs well and music / ambiance are good too) then you figure that your ultimate goal is to rush a vehicle / hero powerup to crush everyone, get killed, instant respawn and rush another powerup. There's no real depth around group gameplay, no healing (health regen), and from what I've seen you can't really custom your loadout, just pick a weapon, some grenades / shields / powerups and you're good to go. There are no custom servers, you can't prone, can't destroy any building / terrain (at least regarding the 2 beta maps).

The game's not awful and balance concerns can be fixed up but right now I'd rather play any Battlefield over this ultra casualized fan service arcade shooter. Also I think they really need to rework the powerup system and make vehicles more squishy, people camping powerups is bad.

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Played a few rounds and quit. Either the game doesn't have holding power or I'm past FPS (thinking former more than latter).

No destructible terrain, extremely arcadey and cooldown/powerup focused. Playing as Imperial was kinda fun on the walker map, Rebel fucking sucked there, no fun at all. Camping powerups (especially ATAT) is the way to win.

Very noticeably a console game when playing on PC. Won't be buying but that was the decision I made pre-beta anyhow.

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
First minutes are fun (the game is pretty, runs well and music / ambiance are good too) then you figure that your ultimate goal is to rush a vehicle / hero powerup to crush everyone, get killed, instant respawn and rush another powerup. There's no real depth around group gameplay, no healing (health regen), and from what I've seen you can't really custom your loadout, just pick a weapon, some grenades / shields / powerups and you're good to go. There are no custom servers, you can't prone, can't destroy any building / terrain (at least regarding the 2 beta maps).

The game's not awful and balance concerns can be fixed up but right now I'd rather play any Battlefield over this ultra casualized fan service arcade shooter. Also I think they really need to rework the powerup system and make vehicles more squishy, people camping powerups is bad.
Sounds awful. Can't prone, can't blow up buildings? Is that really how it is on a PC??? How hard would it have been to take the Battlefield engine and just skin it for SW and add stock library sound effects?

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Oh, and game is very pretty/great audio. Played everything Ultra/maxed and that max resolution sampling thing with my semi-aging hardware: GTX 970, 16gb ram, i7-4600k, Win7 64bit, installed on SSD; no hitches at all.

Gorehack

Lord Nagafen Raider
HTF did you go 43-1? There was a time limit of like 1 minute where you could pilot them previously. I REALLY hope they got rid of that time limit. Loved being in the AT-ST.

Also I thought the game played more like Bad Company 2 as opposed to BF4.
Sat back and sniped with it basically. It was at the beginning/middle of the game when all of the rebels are hanging around the entrance to the hanger/tunnels. Keep suppression fire and rockets on that and they just keep running out like lemmings. I think they removed the pilot restriction, because I've been blown up before and respawned right next to another AT-ST icon and it let me summon it again immediately.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
No Problem Folks. I'll be home tonight to try it out for shits and giggles.