Star Wars: Battlefront, as told by Dice on Frostbite 3 (PS4?/XBone?/PC?)

Column_sl

shitlord
Just comparing PC to PS4.

The PC version looks notably better, but I guess that is a given. Better draw distances, higher refresh rate etc

Gorehack

Lord Nagafen Raider
Wife is home playing right now. She says people are getting kicked left and right with the message "You've been kicked for cheating".

Delly

Trakanon Raider
It seems like that might be people overflowing or something. Its happening far too often for it to actually be banning people.

Nasonex

Molten Core Raider
anyone else having trouble with walker assault on hoth? I've run the other map like 15 times at high settings, no lag whatsoever but I cant run the hoth map at all. I enter the map and then i get a session lost. Tried it like 10 times and with reboots....no work. I managed to get into the map once and started playing only to get session lost.

The other map works fine

Gorehack

Lord Nagafen Raider
anyone else having trouble with walker assault on hoth? I've run the other map like 15 times at high settings, no lag whatsoever but I cant run the hoth map at all. I enter the map and then i get a session lost. Tried it like 10 times and with reboots....no work. I managed to get into the map once and started playing only to get session lost.

The other map works fine
I have everything on ultra and a couple times last night while playing Hoth I got some red text across the screen about sprites or some shit. Might have been what was kicking me those 3 times.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X

The other map works fine
I know you've probably already done this. On your graphics turn everything down to minimum. Same with sound. Then add effects.

Zignor 3_sl

shitlord
Well after about 20 minutes I remembered why I loathe multiplayer FPSs. Will not buy unless they come up with some decent single player content.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
It plays pretty well, but it's going to need about ten times the amount of unlocks/card slot things by launch to hold anyones attention for long. I assume they have more of that planned and coming, but right now with 4 guns and like 1-3 usable cards it gets kinda stale quickly.

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
It plays pretty well, but it's going to need about ten times the amount of unlocks/card slot things by launch to hold anyones attention for long. I assume they have more of that planned and coming, but right now with 4 guns and like 1-3 usable cards it gets kinda stale quickly.
The game model is so simplified with this system, its almost assured they will have an abundance of cards and weapons come launch and subsequent DLC's. Only thing they have to worry about is game balance when it comes to certain loadouts being abused.

spronk

FPS noob
feels way more like Call of Duty than battlefield. the star wars reskinning of a basic FPS is really, really well done but the FPS part itself is pretty 2005-ish. respawning on your partner makes any sort of defense game way too easy. the single player stuff is a total joke even lamer than I thought it would be, its basically just the MP maps with some NPC objective crap thrown in.

i'll play at launch on PS4 a few weeks, get bored, trade it away, and buy it again on PC in six months when its $10

its really not that good a game, if it didn't have all the star wars stuff attached it would be a 3/10 beta but star wars raises it to a 7/10. maybe release will have a lot more stuff than beta but right now it really does feel like a rushed game

Delly

Trakanon Raider
I'm actually enjoying it with friends. Decent little game. As long as their more unlocks/guns it should be fine for me.

One thing I absolutely hate and can't fathom why its even in the game... the TERRIBLE UI. What the fuck year is it? The grouping process is terrible, when friends join games it shows up in this tiny box at the top left of the screen, you have to click to accept everything repeatedly(Friend asks to join group, friends asks to be partner, friend joins game etcetc), you can't quit out of the game unless you're on the Play menu. It looks pretty slick but damn its terrible to navigate.

Rogosh

Lord Nagafen Raider
Running it on pc, game boots up to black screen. Im running an athlon fx 3.4 proc with 16gig ram and a gtx 960. Kind of bummed out cant even check it out.

Fixxed it by reinstalling Origin as someone said on reddit. Now to find out if its a fun game.

Zignor 3_sl

shitlord
I will say that the game installed and performed beautifully for me. The graphics are very nice and 100% smooth on a GTX 970. I just can't hang with people who spend hours a day on this shit anymore. I really don't understand the appeal unless you are playing with a group of friends.

Stave

Potato del Grande
Game is very well optimized and gorgeous, but it just feels like a chaotic clusterfuck. Maybe I'm more used to tactics and moving cover to cover, but it just seems everyone's just flying around and you get blasted from the sides or back every 3 seconds after spawn. I'll give it some more time and maybe I will get used to it, but as of now, like spronk said, if this wasn't Star Wars, it would definitely not be that appealing at least first impression.

One thing is for sure though, it really makes me want a proper sequel to Jedi Knight 2/3. Multiplayer lightsaber and force battles were the shit.

Column_sl

shitlord
The whole point is it is Star Wars, and it is fun.

Titanfall made the mistake of making a high skill cap game, and they failed miserably.

All they have to do is keep it full of content, and people will eat it up imo. Not everything needs to be MLG, which you people would bitch about anyway as being too hard and only appealing to no lifers.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Ok...They added quite a bit since the 1st beta. Walkers are tougher. Controls can be bound anyway you wish etc.