Star Wars: Battlefront, as told by Dice on Frostbite 3 (PS4?/XBone?/PC?)

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
All's they had to do was re-skin BF4. That's it! I would have played my last game ever.
They'd still lose. Then people would cry "omg it's just a re-skinned game for full price and plays nothing like the original battlefront games!". Play like Battlefield people want battlefront, play like battlefront people want battlefield.

Though its most likely true it was rushed, as it had to be out around the time of the movie. Would of loved to see more character progression/depth(loadouts etc). The type of game isn't a issue, since battlefield still exist and is separate from this.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
All's they had to do was re-skin BF4. That's it! I would have played my last game ever.
Brahma didn't you play with us a few years ago? Moraskin, Faille etc? We need to pubstomp again so much fun with people who don't suck.

Stave

Potato del Grande
Yeah, everyone's fear was that it would be just a BF4 reskin, but it actually turned out to be something much worse. A BF4 reskin would have been better.

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
Enjoying the game myself. I like the game modes and played it quite a bit now for two straight nights. No doubt it's a reskin but I expected it. To me, every FPS is a reskin of something else. I think they need to make some quality life changes but for the casual, FPS player who likes StarWars what more do you want? If you are wanting something more, play the new CoD and Halo.

My biggest disappointment is the lack of depth and detail of your character. The fact they you just flip-flop every other match and the limited character development is a little sad.

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
Enjoying the game myself. I like the game modes and played it quite a bit now for two straight nights. No doubt it's a reskin but I expected it. To me, every FPS is a reskin of something else. I think they need to make some quality life changes but for the casual, FPS player who likes StarWars what more do you want? If you are wanting something more, play the new CoD and Halo.

My biggest disappointment is the lack of depth and detail of your character. The fact they you just flip-flop every other match and the limited character development is a little sad.
What pissed me off is lack of a rematch. Playing walker assault on Endor as imperials. We lose. Ok here we go payback time! Nope. Now I'm a fucking rebel on Hoth.

Column_sl

shitlord
The cheating in the PC version is pretty much off the hook. We had a guy in open chat last night tell everyone he was going to win the game for us by cheating, so I guess no one even cares if they get banned.

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
What pissed me off is lack of a rematch. Playing walker assault on Endor as imperials. We lose. Ok here we go payback time! Nope. Now I'm a fucking rebel on Hoth.
Agreed. That's really stupid. It gets on my nerves and also devalues your character which is still my primary complaint.

I believe they need to get the rematch option in there for quality of life.

spronk

FPS noob
You guys are doing it wrong. Starfighter is the only mode that matters.
i played starfighter last night, thought i was pretty badass after killing like 10 fighters, on the final scoreboard turns out i killed 0 humans and 15 AI pilots. felt bad
frown.png

yimmien

Molten Core Raider
Go after interceptors or a-wings those are always players. The hero ship powerup is ridiculous. You are pretty much invulnerable for the whole match.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
The worst part about this game is that it makes it likely there won't be a BF2143 for a long fucking time.

Xevy

Log Wizard
The first starting blasters are fucking rough. The Imperial blaster is actually good, but the Alliance blaster and the other 3 options are god awful. I wonder how many people quit before they got lvl 10 and unlocked a real weapon.

Totally didn't know sprinting shows on radar but walking doesn't until lvl 7 or so. I'm now very good at shooting people in the back.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Who the fuck puts the throttle on the left stick as default along with the flight controls not being inverted. Glad I only rented this POS from Redbox.

Illuziun

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Who the fuck puts the throttle on the left stick as default along with the flight controls not being inverted. Glad I only rented this POS from Redbox.
I actually love the game, but this is a real deal breaker for me with flying. I haven't dug into the controls yet to see if you can change it, but hopefully.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
You can invert the flight controls but I haven't been able to switch the sticks around.

Gorehack

Lord Nagafen Raider
I loved playing the beta of this. Then when it came out I noticed the price was $60 for the base game, plus a $50 DLC bundle you could/should/would buy at the same time.

Yea no, fuck you.

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
I loved playing the beta of this. Then when it came out I noticed the price was $60 for the base game, plus a $50 DLC bundle you could/should/would buy at the same time.

Yea no, fuck you.
Exactly.

The base game is a shell of it's content. If it would have been $39 and then $29 for the season pass considering it didn't have a campaign, I would have been on it. I'm not paying $110 to get what should have been in the box to begin with. At some point it reaches a limit of this is too much. Even for me.

I got my $4.99 worth out of the 10 hours I played on EA Access. The map design is broken as shit, and the weapons barely have any differential. No single player campaign meant more resources for a tighter multiplayer experience and that fell flat with limited content and it has a "Do what we can with as little as we can" mentality. The main resources were obviously put into Art/Sound and the Star Wars feel, which is quite good. The game underneath that though is pretty fucking terrible.