Star Wars Battlefront II

Dandain

Trakanon Raider
You must acknowledge the cost of server farms and matchmaking. If you are not put with people your skill level in a PvP game you will quit. Overwatch needs revenue beyond the box sale, just like Dota or League. First person shooters with free accounts will be so fucking full of aim-bots because banning is not a deterrent. The box sale is fine. If people are bitching about the inability to resist a shiny dress in Overwatch I think you're just missing the point. If that dress made the character better, kill faster etc its an issue. If its just a dress? You don't fucking need it. Let the whales pay for the server farm. Your 40 dollar initial investment just gets better and better over time if you don't give a shit about outfits. But other people do, and thanks to them the servers stay alive. Battlefield/front games have NEVER had a skill based matchmaker, its not what they sell, they do not care about the quality of their ELO system.

I wish I could show you old dead PvP games. Quake Live was the best, log in, 50 players. All of them experienced. You join a server go 0-30 never play again. Game still has 50 players instead of 51.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

gshurik

Tranny Chaser
<Gold Donor>
Trying to remove overwatch from this argument because it's cosmetics only is silly. You're still paying extra for content in a game that has a full retail cost.

One is a gigantic pile of shit, and the other is a gigantic pile of shit on fire.

DOTA 2 is acceptable because the game is f2p, and all content that you can buy is literally cosmetic only.

• 1Picard
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
If you can't simply not have that new outfit for your waifu thats on you. For the $40-60 investment you get continued balancing, maps, heroes, match making, servers and you even get those new waifu outfits for free. If you are a gotta have em all person sure you'll probably pay but there is absolutely zero reason to pay for loot boxes in OW. There is nothing to gain unless you like playing dress up.

• 2Like

Sir Funk

Lord Nagafen Raider
Blizz piling on :emoji_joy:

1XsUlhM.png

• 7Worf
Reactions: 6 users

gshurik

Tranny Chaser
<Gold Donor>
Blizz piling on :emoji_joy:

1XsUlhM.png
Thing is this definitely the pot calling the kettle black. Blizzard are notoriously greedy with shit like Hearthstone and HotS. I even find them pretty greedy with overwatch.

• 4Picard
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Rafterman

Molten Core Raider
Blizzard put a fucking RMT Auction House in Diablo 3 and took a 10% cut. This good guy Blizzard shit is hilarious.

And don't get too excited, Activision is looking to be worse than any of them:

In a US patent filed in 2015 and approved yesterday, Activision outlines an online matchmaking system designed to "drive microtransactions in multiplayer video games" and "influence game-related purchases."

Patent #9789406, for a "System and method for driving microtransactions in multiplayer video games," describes a number of matchmaking algorithms that a game could use to encourage players to purchase additional in-game items. "For instance, the system may match a more expert/marquee player with a junior player to encourage the junior player to make game-related purchases of items possessed/used by the marquee player," the patent reads. "A junior player may wish to emulate the marquee player by obtaining weapons or other items used by the marquee player."

• 2Salty
  • 2Like
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 5 users

gshurik

Tranny Chaser
<Gold Donor>
Blizzard put a fucking RMT Auction House in Diablo 3 and took a 10% cut. This good guy Blizzard shit is hilarious.

And don't get too excited, Activision is looking to be worse than any of them:
Yeah this good guy blizzard act is so artificial, I always marvel at how short the memories of gamers are.

• 1Salty

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
At this point, I just like seeing them eat their own. Similar to what is happening in Hollywood right now :)

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

spronk

FPS noob
if this noise and fury gets companies to start taking loot crates out of games i would be so happy

apparently need for speed is as bad/worse as battlefront 2, also an EA game, but i guess nobody gives a shit about that franchise

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
I highly suggest everyone watches this review.

Watching that dude take out every other ship in the space fighting because he spent $90 is hilarious. Turns faster, shots do more damage, nothing to see here folks!

• 1Worf
  • 1Like

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Watching that dude take out every other ship in the space fighting because he spent $90 is hilarious. Turns faster, shots do more damage, nothing to see here folks!

Yeah, He also went on to say that unless you paid money for these creates, there is no way you would have been able to outfit more than just one customization due to everything being completely slowed down on the progression front with loot crates. Basically forcing you to purchase these, or play for hundreds and hundreds of hours to be able to customize every set. He mentioned side upgrades instead, but that's not the route EA took this game.

This is an important review in my mind because it talks about what happens AFTER you rank to 20. (Which he said took him about 20 hours) and how unless people spend money, progression to earn cards is too slow so you must buy loot crates, or if you are lucky, outfit one play type for one type of class.

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
Game looks like its a ton of fun to fight guys that spend money on it like this dude. Every section he's doing he has 20+ kill streaks going and people barely do any damage to him. The guys he's killing must REALLY love this game.

• 1Worf

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Waiting for a game to inject bots into the game that act like idiots. But only appear to the people who spend money via microtransactions. AKA free kills to make themselves feel good.

• 1Worf

goishen

Macho Ma'am
I highly suggest everyone watches this review.

I only watched about 8:30 seconds in. Note the teeny bopper voice and the, "Hey, everything's cool with MTX!" attitude. Wonder how long it'll be before he's a crack whore sucking on someone's dick for cash so that he can give it away to someone else in the hopes that he gets something better?

Oh well.

• 1Picard
  • 1Smuggly