Star Wars Battlefront II

Quaid

Trump's Staff
Thanks for helping to ruin gaming and dooming the hobby to a cesspool of sequels-for-cash like Hollywood

I don't understand how they're ruining it...

The game's production values are top notch. The controls are tight and fluid. Performance exceptional.

Why do I care that some people are gonna pay for loots? They've done it since EQ.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
I don't understand how they're ruining it...

The game's production values are top notch. The controls are tight and fluid. Performance exceptional.

Why do I care that some people are gonna pay for loots? They've done it since EQ.

It's alright dude, nothing to be ashamed of.

If you can't expect a Canadian to understand BBQ, how can you expect them to have principles?

Quaid

Trump's Staff
It's alright dude, nothing to be ashamed of.

If you can't expect a Canadian to understand BBQ, how can you expect them to have principles?

HELP ME UNDERSTAND. I LOVE BEING MAD AND FINDING THINGS TO BE TERRIBLE.

it's literally my favourite thing to do. I just can't understand this.

Vimeseh

Trakanon Raider

It doesn't bother you that you literally can't compete with someone who bought their way to victory for over a year just based on your skills and playtime? In a PvP game.

Palum

what Suineg set it to

giphy.gif

• 1Smuggly
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Quaid

Trump's Staff
It doesn't bother you that you literally can't compete with someone who bought their way to victory for over a year just based on your skills and playtime? In a PvP game.

I bet I'll compete just fine pleb

Palum

what Suineg set it to
1) Patented (and apparently introduced) matchmaking meant to incentivize MTX (e.g. - paired against people with better items to make you want to purchase for instant gratification)
2) Game-earned currency timegated to incentivize purchasing loot crates
3) Inability to focus progression through particular classes/trees to achieve desired game - RNG incentivizes continued purchasing to gamble past disappointment
4) Insane disparity between purchased (fully equipped) and non-purchased (goodwill equipment) players affecting gameplay
5) TCO in excess of $2100

etc. etc.

Vimeseh

Trakanon Raider
He'll compete just fine with the people that base do 30% more damage then him because of $ or the fighter that turns 20% better and goes 20% faster. While he's chugging away hoping the next drop is for a class he likes.Pro!

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Is it that bad?

I played Tribes: Ascend religiously with $0 spent and outplayed 99% of fagets.

I have trouble believing it's that bad.

I mean, that's fine, you can ignore the fact that the normal shill review sites are giving this game shitty reviews. And the YouTube videos showing the extreme P2W aspect (especially true in space battles). And the government regulators taking notice. And the negative PR campaign being blasted across reddit and twitter.

You know I'm sure it's all over nothing.

Quaid

Trump's Staff
1) Patented (and apparently introduced) matchmaking meant to incentivize MTX (e.g. - paired against people with better items to make you want to purchase for instant gratification)
2) Game-earned currency timegated to incentivize purchasing loot crates
3) Inability to focus progression through particular classes/trees to achieve desired game - RNG incentivizes continued purchasing to gamble past disappointment
4) Insane disparity between purchased (fully equipped) and non-purchased (goodwill equipment) players affecting gameplay
5) TCO in excess of $2100

etc. etc.

#3 is the only one I haven't encountered before. Still not all that worried about it. I'll just play the class I get the most shit for.

We'll see. Maybe I'll hate it and the kiddos blasting me with spacebux will be just too much for me to handle.

I'll let you guys know.

Last edited:

Skanda

I'm Amod too!
95% of people are worse at video games than me anyway.

You better than the Developers that have, and will continue, to make it as painful for you as possible to progress by constantly tweaking the balance?

Last edited:

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
EA Told Star Wars Battlefront Reddit Mods to Remove Negative Posts in Exchange for Early Alpha Access - CraveOnline

EA reportedly bribed moderators of the Star Wars Battlefront subreddit by requesting that they remove negative posts in exchange for access to the closed alpha of the game made available a few months ago, along with tickets to the Star Wars festival and paraphernalia related to the film franchise.

In a post made by Reddit admin Sporkicide, it was revealed that moderators of the Battlefront subreddit had violated the Reddit user agreement, and that the site was now looking for new mods. When asked how the old mods had violated Reddit’s rules, Sporkicide explained: “There was a representative from EA directing moderators to remove posts and prevent certain links from being posted. In exchange, moderators were given perks including alpha access. This had been going on for a while and is completely unacceptable, whether you were personally the moderator to yank the post or not. It appears to have been clear to all moderators what was being asked and what was being provided in return.”

Even more EA scumminess being exposed.

• 1Worf

Sithro

Molten Core Raider
#3 is the only one I haven't encountered before. Still not all that worried about it. I'll just play the class I get the most shit for.

We'll see. Maybe I'll hate it and the kiddos blasting me with spacebux will be just too much for me to handle.

I'll let you guys know.

Here, look, just buy the game used then? And don't buy any lootbox shit. Win win.

But you shouldn't support this shit because it will simply get worse and seep into more games. Yeah, you could buy weapons in EQ, but it could get you banned. Now they want to sell you shit direct. In a fucking pvp game no less. In a game you paid $60 for ffs. It's retarded.

• 1Solidarity

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I never really play games like this too much (BF: Bad Company 2 was badass though) but man fuck all these loot crate shenanigans.

• 1Solidarity

xzi

Mouthbreather
crit1kal reviewed it, he reviewed the single player as well and apparently it's dogshit which is unfortunate. I still think the multiplayer (in beta) felt like a really good game in terms of gameplay, dunno how you fuck up single player

spronk

FPS noob
I've played 3 of the 8 (?) SP missions so far and I think its ok, its actually pretty fun from a story perspective - you are an elite imperial commando and the game starts during the Battle of Endor (ROTJ) so its really cool seeing that alternative perspective which hasn't been seen in a movie or TV before, I think? The world looks and sounds cool, the only problem is its a very thin skin, like you can't really interact with anything and its more or less tight corridor move forward and super, super easy even at the hardest difficulty. I think the SP campaign is worth a play through at $5-10, its nowhere near as shitty as Andromeda or anything like that, and its super short at 3 hours if you rush and probably 8-10 hours if you sit through and try to get every collectible (~23 I think). The space combat stuff is ok, it again feels a bit half assed like every FPS game that throws in vehicle combat in just short parts of the game.

The MP is of course sadly a big dumpster fire due to loot crates, while I've had fun playing the setups are a bit weird, like you have to attack Starkiller base (TFA) in one as rebels or defend as imperials but that doesn't really make any sense since its just the actions of Han/Chewie/Rey/Finn that destroy the thing, none of the other soldiers on the ground matter a damn bit. All the war assault scenarios have this problem, but some are pretty fun to play like the one where you are attacking the Palace of The Phantom Menace as clone troops (Darth Maul) or defending as Jedi.