Star Wars Battlefront II

Dandain

Trakanon Raider
The other thing about this loot crate stuff, it must come from the fact I am a more sports friendly person/not an idiot? I mean who the fuck would go play sports in real life if it went down like this.

"So you see, I've been playing baseball for 5 more years than you, because of this it takes 1 ball to walk me but 5 strikes to get me out. But you only get 1 strike and you're out, 5 balls to walk. "

It is almost like the notion of competitive fairness just got blown out the fucking window of the office for dollar signs blinking in their eyes. No human ever agrees to play unfair games except for a few reasons.

1) They are a kid and don't get it/its fun enough or not the point
2) They are fucking idiots and don't realize they are playing a losing game.
3) They are so good they understand the notion of a handicap to make it fun for everyone.
4) Forced

Online Bonus

4) They are total douchers who wish they wielded the power they can achieve inside a broken/unfair competitive system.

edit: It amuses me to see just how technologically savvy gamers are when they get motivated politically over something.. These things blow up so fast when they go up, but the build up takes forever. There isn't a more powerful group on the internet. Meme machines.

• 4Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
At this point I just wish the IP would have gone to Ubisoft, Bethesda or Activision. I don't have much love for those big boys either but anything would be better than this garbage. Loot crates aside this game looks like it might be 10-15 hours of entertainment, which is pure shit for a AAA.

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
Been reading that crystals (I guess thats the currency?) are no longer purchasable.

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Been reading that crystals (I guess thats the currency?) are no longer purchasable.

Does that matter? People will still buy crates to dismantle components and buy more crates to get the star cards they want. This is another smoke and mirrors trick.

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
Does that matter? People will still buy crates to dismantle components and buy more crates to get the star cards they want. This is another smoke and mirrors trick.
You can't buy anything right now, rumors are a major announcement is coming from EA soon too.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
An Update on Star Wars Battlefront II

Thank you to everyone in our community for being the passionate fans that you are.

Our goal has always been to create the best possible game for all of you – devoted Star Wars fans and game players alike. We’ve also had an ongoing commitment to constantly listen, tune and evolve the experience as it grows. You’ve seen this with both the major adjustments, and polish, we have made over the past several weeks.

But as we approach the worldwide launch, it's clear that many of you feel there are still challenges in the design. We’ve heard the concerns about potentially giving players unfair advantages. And we’ve heard that this is overshadowing an otherwise great game. This was never our intention. Sorry we didn’t get this right.

We hear you loud and clear, so we’re turning off all in-game purchases. We will now spend more time listening, adjusting, balancing and tuning. This means that the option to purchase crystals in the game is now offline, and all progression will be earned through gameplay. The ability to purchase crystals in-game will become available at a later date, only after we’ve made changes to the game. We’ll share more details as we work through this.

We have created a game that is built on your input, and it will continue to evolve and grow. Star Wars Battlefront II is three times the size of the previous game, bringing to life a brand new Star Wars story, space battles, epic new multiplayer experiences across all three Star Wars eras, with more free content to come. We want you to enjoy it, so please keep your thoughts coming. And we will keep you updated on our progress.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
The ability to purchase crystals in-game will become available at a later date, only after we’ve made changes to the game.

So yeah, they're coming back at some point. Fuck these morons.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Croetec

Lord Nagafen Raider
They just don't fucking get it....they are just waiting to reintroduce this bullshit.

"The ability to purchase crystals in-game will become available at a later date, only after we’ve made changes to the game."

Oskar Gabrielson
:emoji_fork_knife_plate::emoji_poop::emoji_coffin::emoji_gay_pride_flag:

• 1Worf
  • 1Like

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
There is always a catch. This is to sell boxes over the two week launch window.

• 2Like

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
Funny thing is all the whales are already maxxed out and now no one will be able to catch up to them without putting a shit ton of hours in. Hilarious really.

• 3Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
So if you spent money already you're going to just own people till they get their act together. Solid.

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Rombo

Lord Nagafen Raider
Truth is, the sad part for me is that so many artists, coders etc obviously poured their souls into this game to give us a starwars game that gives us the thrill of being part of the action.

This terrible pr from ea overshadows all their hard work and so many employes must genuinely be pissed.

Also : https://kotaku.com/ea-temporarily-removes-microtransactions-from-star-wars-1820528445

Really listening to the community or feeling nervous cause of the legal aspect this is taking. ... boy o boy

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
100% the lawyers told em to chill for a few weeks so as not to be the cause of a serious industry buttfucking.

Regardless, fuck these faggots. You know its like $400 to own the whole sims 3 game?

• 3Like
  • 1Barf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Truth is, the sad part for me is that so many artists, coders etc obviously poured their souls into this game to give us a starwars game that gives us the thrill of being part of the action.

This terrible pr from ea overshadows all their hard work and so many employes must genuinely be pissed.

Also : https://kotaku.com/ea-temporarily-removes-microtransactions-from-star-wars-1820528445

Really listening to the community or feeling nervous cause of the legal aspect this is taking. ... boy o boy

Yea but nah, this game is shallow and the campaign is short and full of cliched nonsense. If this is 'their soul' then they deserve the hellfire.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity