Star Wars Battlefront II

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

spronk

FPS noob
Trailer leaked. Looks like sp + mp, pulls in chars from all eras - ad voiced a post ROTJ tie fighter pilot it seems, saw prequel Darth Maul, TFA Rey and Kylo Ren - official announcement in the next day or two.

DICE is handling the MP as usual, apparently a studio called Motive Studios is doing the entire SP campaign. Should have Obi Wan, Chewie, Luke, etc too.

Star Wars Celebration is this week and EA Play is June 10-12th in LA where you'll be able to play the game. I'd assume a fall release with an alpha/beta in the summer similar to Battlefront 1.
EA Play 2017 - Join us for a World of Play - Official EA Site

Last edited:

TrollfaceDeux

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Bronze Donator>
Already huh. Guess with the first being a failure hope they improved on it

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Quaid

Trump's Staff
If the single player story does in fact take place immediately after RotJ that's a release week purchase for me.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Don't get too fired up yet. The idiot that founded this company, which is owned and operated by EA, is none other than the producer for the sims online. And ruined splinter cell with launching blacklist.

At least she says feminists are full of shit.

• 1Smuggly

spronk

FPS noob
Already huh. Guess with the first being a failure hope they improved on it

i mean battlefront has sold over 15m copies so its not a financial failure. this is from a year ago too so its probably closer to 20-30m by now actually.
Star Wars Battlefront Sales Top 14 Million - IGN

I bought 1 at launch and probably sunk 40 hours into it, it had a lot of flaws and past 20 hours there really isn't anything in the game but it was visually and audibly spectacular and really scratched a star wars itch at the time. The DLCs sucked for the most part, their PVP balancing was an utter joke, the game was riddled with microtransactions, yadda yadda but end of the day I still had fun in basically Call of Duty with a star wars skin

if they can put in a decent SP campaign and slightly iterate on the multiplayer so its a tiny bit better, I'll play at launch. I'd only buy the regular edition, the GOTY edition with all DLC and crap went on sale for $20 within a year of release. I also played 1 on console, its no problem finding players. In fact on Battlefront Stats right now it shows 800 PC players (3k peak), 6500 PS4 (15k peak), and 5k xbone (12k peak)

goishen

Macho Ma'am
it shows 800 PC players (3k peak), 6500 PS4 (15k peak), and 5k xbone (12k peak)

God that thing is dead on PC. Glad I returned that shit when I had the chance.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
As a side note, considering Motive Studios is creating the Single player campaign and they were just created in 2015 and barely up and running to start actual development until the beginning of 2016, and aside from the shit show that is Jade running the company, how long should we expect this single player campaign to be since they will no doubtedly be developing the Campaign in less than 19 months.

3 hours? With no QA?

sukik

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Motive Studios is a new subsidiary of EA created by/for Jade Raymond. They're also the also working on an untitled star wars game with visceral.

sukik

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
As a side note, considering Motive Studios is creating the Single player campaign and they were just created in 2015 and barely up and running to start actual development until the beginning of 2016, and aside from the shit show that is Jade running the company, how long should we expect this single player campaign to be since they will no doubtedly be developing the Campaign in less than 19 months.

3 hours? With no QA?

Bioware has set the bar so low this year that if she delivers a decent 10-15 hours I'll be happy. At least we know the game will look good. All they have to do is plug a half assed adventure into Dice's excellent engine.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Dice's excellent engine.

Lol - Well, I will say at least it is good for FPS games. I did like Battlefield 1 and even though Battlefront was a beta test with hardly any content, I guess it can't get much worse. Also, there is no way in hell there is a 10-15 hour single player campaign in this game.

You'll be lucky if you see 5.

As stated though. do not get your hopes up for the SP. Sims online, Watchdogs, Blacklist are all compliments of your Jade-Fearless leader who is a yes woman and never fights back on design aspects. Also, I would guess all they are doing is ripping assets from the RPG viscural is working on and pigeoning in a half assed campaign. This is what EA does when they don't have designers that can fight back (An example of fighting the system of EA would be Dice with Batlefield 1)

Last edited:

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Don't forget her #1 qualification: she's smoking hot.

And at least kicked off the Ass Creed series even though the first two games haven't aged well and she wasn't involved in Assassin's Creed Pirate Adventure.

• 1Like

yimmien

Molten Core Raider
I will be happy if they expand on space combat. The first game wasn't great but I think it is a decent foundation to build on. Though if they just rehash only the same modes then screw em.

• 1Like

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
They also need controllable AT-AT's and many more vehicles than were in the multiplayer of the last one. They didn't have enough ground control weapons, vehicles, weapon variety, character expansion, classes, shit, anything.

spronk

FPS noob
end of the day a smoking hot woman isn't going to make ugly ass bitches in their game, only ugly women do that kinda shit. Jade has enough cred with me to make me think she won't put out another andromeda

Also all these guys look like they fuck

jade.jpg

Assassins Creed, AC2, Watch Dogs were all decent enough games that if she can at least do something as good as those I'd be happy at this point. Anything extra is a bonus

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Look at all the misogyny in that photo, how did we never realize how big of a problem this was. Three women, Asians, African Americans, a dude with a shirt around his head. Insanity!

• 1Like

KCXIV

Molten Core Raider
God that thing is dead on PC. Glad I returned that shit when I had the chance.
i been playing the last few days on PC i got the game for 3 bucks amazon credited me 10 bucks for some reason (ill take it). I havent had any problems getting 40 man's. Its been pretty fun.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Meh, Battlefront was fail in my book. Everyone wanted battlefield 5 set in starwars universe with star warsy pew pews, instead we got a dated battlefront PS2 era game, with updated graphics. That shit might of flown in 2005-06 but it sure is not today. I played a bit of open beta and said no thanks. Even my kids were like, meh.

Its all about that multiplayer, if you dont have that shit nailed down, your shooter game sucks. I bet 50%-60% of peeps that buy FPS games never even play the campaign.

• 1Like

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Meh, Battlefront was fail in my book. Everyone wanted battlefield 5 set in starwars universe with star warsy pew pews, instead we got a dated battlefront PS2 era game, with updated graphics. That shit might of flown in 2005-06 but it sure is not today. I played a bit of open beta and said no thanks. Even my kids were like, meh.

Its all about that multiplayer, if you dont have that shit nailed down, your shooter game sucks. I bet 50%-60% of peeps that buy FPS games never even play the campaign.

Remember though it wasn't even a dated 2005 BF game. It was like 40% of what we got back then. This picture always cracked me up:

battlefront-features.jpg

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users