Star Wars: The Last Jedi (2017)

ohkcrlho

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Rey is pissed at Luke because she guesses that he was her father and is angry at him for abandoning her. Luke turns to her and says "No, you are my father".
Yes, really.
Rey is the reincarnation of Anakin Skywalker. Luke went to the first Jedi temple to better understand how the process works. He learned that the spirit of the chosen one is reincarnated by the Force every time the universe is thrown out of balance, which apparently happens on a semi-regular basis (Anakin was hardly the first time the chosen one reincarnated). This is why she's so crazy powerful with the Force (remember that Anakin blew up the Trade Federation donut ship by himself when he was like 8 years old).

Stopped right here. FUCK.THAT.SHIT!

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
Yeah... I'm not denying it isn't a possibility of being tied to a "Chosen One" storyline but being Anakin himself and having Luke speak that line is pretty out there in my opinion.

As I said earlier though, it's fun to read this stuff... it's amazing some of the stuff people come up with and at times it's not too bad.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Regardless of the veracity, could you please at least not post blatant "spoilers" in plain sight like that? Preface it with something saying it is just speculation or whatever, but I don't want to even glance at shit that you are claiming comes from "reliable sources" for spoilers unless I consciously make the decision to click the spoiler tag. Because I'm going to be super pissed if it turns out any of those things are true, and you just shit them all over this thread without any warning whatsoever. Speculation is fine, but when someone is claiming to have inside info, you should probably at least err on the side of caution and use spoiler tags.

Thanks.

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
Yeah dude, posting that shit without spoiler tags is fucking weaksauce. Get it together.
Having said that...
Gabriel Ayres ?@PlanetSunset Apr 21

@pablohidalgo Just came across a 'leaked' Episode 8 script. I didn't read it, but can you confirm if it's real or not? Afraid of spoilers.

Pablo Hidalgo ?@pablohidalgo Apr 21
@PlanetSunset it's garbage. But don't get used to me fielding such posts, because I'm sure one day something legit will show up.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
lol when did the definition of spoiler get changed to include the fever dreams of a lunatic?

Gamma Rays

Large sized member
If the remains of the death star crashed on the moon, there would be no more moon, and since I think that godawful Ewok movie is canon, the death star must have crashed on the planet.
Jesus, I just realized something. . . okay, so the Ewoks lived ( not on Endor ) but on the forest moon of Endor. The name isn't mentioned in the film, I'm pretty sure anyway, just referred to as 'the forest moon of Endor', probably some Wookipedia info would shed more light.

But what I just realized is that the RoTJ Death Star was orbiting that moon.

Making the Death Star a Moon Moon

sCFOyky.gif

Caliane

Jesus, I just realized something. . . okay, so the Ewoks lived ( not on Endor ) but on the forest moon of Endor. The name isn't mentioned in the film, I'm pretty sure anyway, just referred to as 'the forest moon of Endor', probably some Wookipedia info would shed more light.

But what I just realized is that the RoTJ Death Star was orbiting that moon.

Making the Death Star a Moon Moon

sCFOyky.gif
The Forest moon Endor, orbits the Planet Endor, orbiting the twin Suns Endor I and Endor II, in the system Endor.

This is also, not a joke. they are all called Endor.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Empire clearly failed in not naming the Death Star Endor. It would never have been discovered if they had.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Stupid script or not, why would I actually fucking read it to find that out if I don't want spoilers in the first place?? I'm not sure why people are questioning if it should be spoilered or not. If you claim to have spoilers, stupid or not, put it in spoiler tags and let those that choose to see them do so.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
As bad as he is, I would propose that he should never ever have to use spoiler tags ever. Even if it's shit he's seen any spoilers he's likely to give will be shit that didn't really happen. This forum needs crazy tags. If we had that I'd say every one of his posts should automatically use them.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
As bad as he is, I would propose that he should never ever have to use spoiler tags ever. Even if it's shit he's seen any spoilers he's likely to give will be shit that didn't really happen. This forum needs crazy tags. If we had that I'd say every one of his posts should automatically use them.
You must be confused. Pretty much everything he posts is 100% CONFIRMED FACT so that's definitely a spoiler.

Woolygimp

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Ok, I realized that you guys were all talking about me and not the two/three people who posted the (bullshit) leak before I quoted a part of it.

It's a fan-made plot that someone took the time to write up before production is really even getting started, and I was only quoting someone else's post. Not a big deal, it's bullshit

I was just saying that it was interesting and some parts might be true, so yeah I understand I guess. But it was in reply to a video that someone else posted (and he didn't post the video in spoiler tags), plus there's no way that's it's legit although I do concede parts of it might end up coming to fruition.

There's just no fucking way the plot has anything to do with gigantic shields now that J.J. Abrams has basically made them all useless by showing that you can just fly through them at hyperspeed. Actually, you can fly through anything at hyperspeed in the new canon. All someone has to do in the new JJ-verse is basically develop a giant steel cube with a hyperspeed drive and, for instance, have it pop out in a certain area (like the area the Senate, if it weren't destroyed, would be inhabiting) and they'd all die no matter how many stars, planets, shields, buildings, or fortifications are in the way.

Woolygimp

Doesn't Han explicitly state in A New Hope that he can't jump to hyperspeed blind because they might end up traveling into a planet, star, or something similar? But a HUGE fucking wall 10m in front of the Falcon isn't a cause for concern?!

My God, all the Alliance had to do was fucking hyperspeed fighter craft through Star Destroyer shields into their bridge and have the ultimate kamikazees able to take out the largest capital ships. Or hell even the Emperor's throne room.

I fucking hate Abrams so god damn much, can he come up with anything original, or at least not fuck up shit that's been around since the dawn of television, like Trek?

Up until this point, hyperspace has always been used solely as a way to move through deep space. The idea behind Han making the Kessel Run in 12 parsecs is not a mistake by George Lucas confusing a unit of distance for time. Rather, due to the Falcon's advanced hyperdrive, Han was able to plot a course through that region that steered dangerously close to planets and stars. but was also the shortest quickest route.

In The Force Awakens, Han uses the Falcon's hyperdrive while inside his big freighter and goes through the wall of the ship to escape. Even more amazingly, he comes out of lightspeed right before crashing into Starkiller Base to get under the planet's shield.

So if those feats are possible by using hyperspace, why was the tractor beam on the Death Star an issue? By TFA logic, Han and the gang could have boarded the Falcon, turned it around, and gone into hyperspace inside the hanger of the Death Star and escaped. Its been shown repeatedly that once a ship enters hypserspace its safe (unless you have an Interdictor Cruiser). Or why couldn't Lando jump to lightspeed and come out of it inside the energy shield around the 2nd Death Star?

This was one of several elements in The Force Awakens that I thought were overly convenient, like how R2-D2 wakes up for no explained reason, or how quick Rey's abilities with the Force develop, or how Han keeps BB-8 with him while negotiating with the pirates when he had no reason to. I still love the movie but some parts of the plot do feel like they were rushed and a little sloppy.
This is how SG-1 handled hyperspeed. In one episode, they actually attached an a hyperdrive to a planet-destroying asteroid headed for Earth and "phased it out" so that it passed through harmlessly. It's SO fucking dumb, and this one plot hole is going to have more repercussions for the universe as a whole than midichlorians ever did.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Well, that's like saying that now that Star Trek has shown that you can use a transporter to go anywhere in the universe, the subsequent movies shouldn't have anything to do with starships anymore. Of course they will, he'll just ignore that plot-breaking point if it is convenient to do so. He'll conveniently ignore the hyperspeed through shields things too if he feels like it. Or have someone say that it is too dangerous to try again, and now that Han is dead no one would be crazy enough to try it.

Woolygimp

Well, that's like saying that now that Star Trek has shown that you can use a transporter to go anywhere in the universe, the subsequent movies shouldn't have anything to do with starships anymore. Of course they will, he'll just ignore that plot-breaking point if it is convenient to do so. He'll conveniently ignore the hyperspeed through shields things too if he feels like it. Or have someone say that it is too dangerous to try again, and now that Han is dead no one would be crazy enough to try it.
I specifically mentioned Abrams destroying Star Trek by not having either the care or ability to come up with something original so that they don't fundamentally alter the universe-defining physics that had been established 60 years prior.

And yeah, Luke's saber flying through space and landing on a planet IS canon. It just isn't shown in the movie (anymore), but is referenced as to how Maz ended up with the saber. Fuck him. He's a trumped up Michael Bay, in that he can produce a gorgeous movie that makes no fucking sense.

And 'The First Order' are diehard fanatics, parallels to North Koreans, apparently all you need to do is find one and put a gun to their head and they'll betray everything they've stood for their entire lives, instead of dying for the cause (Phasma). I could forgive it if it weren't for all the other stupid shit.

According to the pre-established canon:

In Star Wars - hyperspace travel has some limitations. For one, you can't get to close to a gravitational body.

We see this in Ep IV - the Falcon must lift off on repulsorlifts and travel at sublight away from Tatooine before entering hyperspace.

I seem to recall something in the novelization about "six planetary radii" when it explained how the Death Star moved using hyperspace and sublight engines.

In the now Legends canon - this gravity limitation was the explanation for the Kessel Run being measure in parsecs (basically, how much of a corner a ship can cut past a cluster of black holes), and even used tactically by the Empire with their Interdictor cruisers.

So, in the new film, how could the Falcon fly through hyperspace to get under the Starkiller Base shields?
6 - Star Wars 7: George Lucas Sold Low | CharlieSweatpants.com (beta)

Woolygimp

And for those who didn't already know, in the Original Trilogy, villain incompetence was intentional, not taken for granted.

The Empire intentionally allowed the rebels escape Tatooine, the Death Star, etc. because they wanted to find the Rebellion's home base and destroy it. They placed a homing beacon on their ship and allowed them to escape. This is why the OT's plot was so brilliant. Shit made sense, even the "these blaster points are too precise" Stormtroopers are given a reason to suck.

In The Force Awakens, not only does Han say, "if I could track down the Falcon, so can the First Order.", but Unkar Plutt actually shows up at Maz Kanata's bar and tries to reclaim his ship. Apparently almost anyone can track a small ship down in the vastness of the JJ-verse. Initially, I thought Han was only stopping there so he could drop them off so he wouldn't have to see Leiah (Han you've been running too long), but learning that Unkar Plutt actually tracked them down just made me...

Apparently the First Order can track the Falcon but not a concentrated amount of X-wings? Idk.

Besides, instead of stopping at Maz's all Han had to do was fly to D'Qar which is on the other side of the galaxy (through Republic space) and the First Order wouldn't be able to follow without risking war. It's not like he needed a clean ship, because having TFO follow them that far would've given Leiah precisely what she wanted, a war between the Republic and TFO.