Star Wars general purpose movie stuff

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
heh good luck with that, Iger aint giving anyone sole control anymore. not after the last 3 debacles. and now that the franchise has hit rock bottom the movies are going in the fridge for a while til people forget about them. i predict that when Iger leaves Disney in a few years they will dust off the franchise and see if anyone still gives a shit about star wars outside of baby yoda.

Will anyone still give a shit about Disney+ is the question.

4 episodes series? I mean come on man.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sterling

El Presidente
Disney+ isn't going to have any issue with subs. Almost anyone with kids will have it just for the back catalog shit.

• 1Solidarity

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Will anyone still give a shit about Disney+ is the question.

4 episodes series? I mean come on man.
yeah, aint nobody gonna stick around for Obi -Wandolorian and the adventures of baby Luke. though i hear that Wandavision is supposed to be pretty cool. SWORD or something is supposed to be in that.

sukik

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
lol Lucas with full creative control replacing Kennedy would be like saying 'heres some diarrhea that doesnt smell quite as putrid'
Maybe we'll just get regular old light brown floaters instead of diarrhea. I don't things can really get worse for the franchise.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
How the fuck is Kathleen Kennedy still around?
Look at her imdb page. Shes worked on a lot of very successful movies. Im guessing shes sucked a lot of dick or has leverage on people.

• 2Like
  • 1Dislike
Reactions: 2 users

iannis

Musty Nester
You probably also have to look at who replaces her. Kk might be shifting the bed with star wats, but it's the money. Who else is there (probably a few) that have a history of taking your money and turning it into more money? And on top of that are respected enough in the industry to be able to negotiate projects, delegate the tasks that need to be, know when and whose coco to suck...

Th eres a lot to it really. I doubt the real list for her potential replacements is longer than ten names. And the final check is... Do they want to?

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
You probably also have to look at who replaces her. Kk might be shifting the bed with star wats, but it's the money. Who else is there (probably a few) that have a history of taking your money and turning it into more money? And on top of that are respected enough in the industry to be able to negotiate projects, delegate the tasks that need to be, know when and whose coco to suck...

Th eres a lot to it really. I doubt the real list for her potential replacements is longer than ten names. And the final check is... Do they want to?
there was that rumor a few years ago after Solo flopped, Iger had a conference call with KK, Abrams and some others and he tore her a new asshole and wanted to replace her. supposedly he hit up Abrams who immediately noped the fuck out. he asked some others and they noped out too. i dunno if that conference call happened in reality, but i bet nobody does want that job. i think they actually believe the shit they spew about the SW fans being a bunch of assholes who dont like anything that isnt the OT. so they nope out because nobody wants the heat.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
i think they actually believe the shit they spew about the SW fans being a bunch of assholes who dont like anything that isnt the OT. so they nope out because nobody wants the heat.

You are literally an asshole who doesn't like anything that isn't the OT.

• 3Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 4 users

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
there was that rumor a few years ago after Solo flopped, Iger had a conference call with KK, Abrams and some others and he tore her a new asshole and wanted to replace her. supposedly he hit up Abrams who immediately noped the fuck out. he asked some others and they noped out too. i dunno if that conference call happened in reality, but i bet nobody does want that job. i think they actually believe the shit they spew about the SW fans being a bunch of assholes who dont like anything that isnt the OT. so they nope out because nobody wants the heat.
This was a year and a half ago, wonder if they're starting to change their minds.

Randolph then goes on to suggest that Dave Filoni, who has run both the hit animated shows Star Wars: The Clone Wars and Star Wars Rebels, would be a great fit to run LucasFilm, but apparently the Disney brass doesn't think he's right for the job.

• 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
You are literally an asshole who doesn't like anything that isn't the OT.
the asshole part i agree with wholeheartedly, the other not so much. i liked the mando show, i would like more non OT stuff if they put a goddamned concerted effort in writing a good story. i tried really hard to like the prequels, best i can say is i enjoyed RotS. Palps was a lot of fun.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Filoni is one of the only two people connected to the Star Wars name with a positive reputation among the fan base. I guess Favreau makes it three people. If the brass genuinely doesn't think Filoni is a good fit then it really is more about how many dicks you've sucked rather than actually being good at your job.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Filoni is one of the only two people connected to the Star Wars name with a positive reputation among the fan base. I guess Favreau makes it three people. If the brass genuinely doesn't think Filoni is a good fit then it really is more about how many dicks you've sucked rather than actually being good at your job.

More than likely they still see him as the "guy who makes cartoons" and don't feel he has enough live action experience.

• 1Worf