Star Wars general purpose movie stuff

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
the more i think about it, the more i think the two diversities mean two different things.

Diversity= white, black, brown, asian, droid and "alien" characters.
Representation/Diversity= white, black, brown, asian, droid and "alien" LGBTQ+++WTFBBQ characters.

basically, if you see 2 white guys on screen at the same time, at least one of them must be trying to get fucked in the ass by a droid who is fluent in over 6 million different sex postions including The Dirty Bocce.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
So, someone looked into the "high Republic" authors twitters. Woo...They dug deep into the SJW cult for these people. One of them is actually angry that the new star wars movies were too white and male still.

Let that sink in. A movie with no white male protagonists is too white and male. I guess white males existing in the background is offensive now. (No, seriously, many of these people seem to be simply racist. The one guy just laments white people 24/7 in his twitter).

ssssssss22222.png

• 1Like
  • 1Rustled
Reactions: 1 users

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I don't mind pandering, in fact I expect it... but i do mind when they go 3 leaps and a jump past it right into the back of a pickup headed off a cliff.

Caliane

Freeze at 1:24 and read some of the shit they have on their outline/board:

- Diversity
- Representation
- Dinosaurs
- Not Pro-war (LMFAO, this is fucking Star WARS!)
- University

I'm sure if the camera panned down a little you'd probably see LGBTQ shit as well.

This is going to be another woke pile of dogshit.
well at least, "Nazis are like really bad, guys, you know" and "zombies" werent on there. so they are improving I guess?

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
So, someone looked into the "high Republic" authors twitters. Woo...They dug deep into the SJW cult for these people. One of them is actually angry that the new star wars movies were too white and male still.

Let that sink in. A movie with no white male protagonists is too white and male. I guess white males existing in the background is offensive now. (No, seriously, many of these people seem to be simply racist. The one guy just laments white people 24/7 in his twitter).

View attachment 251208

Lithose just dropped the fuckin pants on this.

What little optimism I expressed last page is over. If you are trying to get invested again definitely don't click the link.

• 2Like

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
These fucking lame ass people. They cannot create aliens that are cool so they just fucking shove in dinosaurs? Here's a cool idea: let's use one of the monsters that is giant and scary that already exists, like maybe the Rancor. Then, let's put a bunch of them on a planet running wild. Maybe we can have a race on the planet that tames Rancor to use in battle. Hell, we could even make it a force using society that is matriarchy because we are sooooo progressive.

Oh, they had that twenty five years ago and threw it in the trash because they are fucking morons.

• 2Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 3 users

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Doesn't work. I associate Rancor with Star Wars which is something really bad now.

Dinosaurs are a way to mainstream it and get more people interested again.

Anything to do with traditional Star Wars has a stench lingering on it. The less Star Wars the better at this point, and I think the High Republic writers are realizing they need to pivot the IP away from traditional Star Wars.

Its best for us as well that they stop trying. Using dinosaurs instead of Rancor et al is them stopping trying.

Its a win win. Fans don't get insulted at pandering anymore, and we can still have popcorn entertainment.

• 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member

View attachment 251208
I had to keep looking at the names to make sure these weren't all written by one person. Why the fuck are those people spouting such hatred in almost identical fashion?

• 1Like

Angerz

Trakanon Raider
No single main character, huh?

I guess they forgot that Star Wars was very much centered on Luke. He was the main character in a cohesive story. The fact that the supporting characters were well crafted doesn't make him less of the stories central pivot.

You can do Star Wars without Han Solo. It's not as good, but you can do it.

It's gonna be a woke mess.

I think no single main character makes sense, since it doesn't seem like one narrative is being pitched here, but a whole new sandbox, for lack of a better term. It looks like they are doing what the now Legends content was doing before Disney stepped in, only doing it centuries in the past so that it doesn't step on any Skywalker Saga movies and characters. Its going to be books and comics, probably TV shows and, I would assume, games at some point.

fris

Vyemm Raider
Know how I know you're Male privileged? Y'all think Rancor and don't immediately think oppressed Leia.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
At 1:16 in the video you can see another view of that same whiteboard from the side as someone is writing. At this point they have circled "No single (main) character" and "The Force" but below that also have:

moral but subtle
good vs evil
intergenerational
adventures force growth

layered
Imperfect characters

a few more things I cant quite make out

• 1Like

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
At 1:16 in the video you can see another view of that same whiteboard from the side as someone is writing. At this point they have circled "No single (main) character" and "The Force" but below that also have:

moral but subtle
good vs evil
intergenerational
adventures force growth

layered
Imperfect characters

Scratch out all of that and just write "Basic narrative elements" on the board to save the same space but achieve the same result.

• 2Like

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger

moral but subtle
good vs evil
intergenerational
adventures force growth

layered
Imperfect characters

There isn't a goddamn thing in any of these people's lives that is subtle. I'm sure they don't even understand the meaning of the word. The idea that they could be subtle about anything is preposterous, but downright hilarious when combined with what they believe to be moral. Shit, we just had Lithose Lithose post a link where 3 of the 5 of them where explicitly and blatantly racist for dozens of tweets over several years. I want Red around these people because they all seriously need a foot in the ass.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users