Star Wars general purpose movie stuff

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
i didnt even click that bullshit. you guys know the Obi Wan TV show was CANCELLED, right? its not happening this year, next year or any year. Disney is in limp home mode. those Iger approved shows are being scaled back or cancelled.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
It is some cheap fan-made shit. A retard made it and other retards are linking it. Pretty easy to sell snow to the Eskimos these days.

• 1Solidarity

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Reposters didn't even bother reuploading it, literally linking fan shit from 6 months ago.

Fadaar

That guy
that fan trailer only came out in September? i swear i saw it at least a year ago

• 1Like

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
star-wars-political-cartoon.png

• 3Like
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 4 users

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
New "Rey-esque" character archtype revealed to be casted for "High Republic" series.

It's going to be an unstoppable Mary Sue female lead again.

Stale and boring.

Disney really thinks they can make a majority of women care about Star Wars. Its misguided corporate marketing continues.

The last bomb was the Asian/Chinese appeal-- they tried to use marketing science to appeal to China and were universally pushed out of the market and rejected.

That was the biggest L in recent history for Disney.

This latest casting choice, and female lead character, is going to be yet another marketing science experiment pushed onto the fans.

Last edited:
  • 1Barf

Fadaar

That guy
The best female characters in Star Wars were NOT strong independent man-hating women (well except Leia kinda, but Han was a douche), they were strong women who worked right along side their male counterparts. Leia with Luke and Han, Ahsoka with Anakin and Kenobi, Bastila with Revan. It's one of those 'you can't have one without the other' kind of situations. Too bad they shit the bed so hard with character development in the prequels and sequels, Padme and Rey could have been up there too.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Iger back in full control of Disney

Hiatus ended-- full CEO powers and control retained. CEO is just a vanity title now.

I had previously predicted a 2021 contract extension for Iger after Chapek did some reorganization, but the timeline has moved up with the quarantine.

1586810054552.png

Disney financial turmoil could mean if Lucas is interested, Star Wars could be re-sold back. Lucas was keen to return to the IP a few months ago requesting full creative control, but I don't know if that translates to paying Disney 2,3,4 billion dollars to do so.

• 1Like

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
would be funny if he made a hefty profit buying it back, god knows Disney ran the IP through the mud.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Fox could buy their company back too. god knows Disney wasnt doing anything with that 71.3 billion purchase.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
George has love for Star Wars, but loathes the fandom. That's on record. In order for him to consider buying the IP back I imagine it would need to be a firesale.

It was a sweetheart deal to begin with. But it would appear his main quest, at this point in time, is full control of Lucas Film-- without footing any of the bill. He's not likely to look a gifthorse in the mouth and give Disney a penny for it unless this IP hits the bargain bin.

This financial restructuring period for Disney, however, opened the gates.

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
You are delusional if you think George Lucas ever gets control of Star Wars again, and you are even more delusional if you think George Lucas could fix this mess.

• 6Like
  • 1Dislike
Reactions: 6 users

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
It's a fun possibility, however improbable. Iger is unlikely to hand over control of Lucas Film unless Lucas is footing most of the bill, if not all of it.

Lucas current pitch is he wants to just come in and fix Star Wars-- and meetings with Iger 2 months ago haven't really gone anywhere since they sat down about it. My guess is Iger's counter-offer was Lucas can produce an entire movie (Lucas on producer credit, pays for entire production, costing Disney nothing) and then they can go from there. The sticking point that leaked from the meeting was Lucas wants 0 studio interference. Full creative control. Even if Lucas pays for a movie, I just don't see him getting full creative control.

And so it's stalled out.

But this latest development advances it one step closer, regardless of how many steps away that is.

Last edited:
  • 1Garbage

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
You are delusional if you think George Lucas ever gets control of Star Wars again, and you are even more delusional if you think George Lucas could fix this mess.
2 months ago if you said Disney was pondering bankruptcy and would have to borrow 5 billion dollars in order to stay in business i would have called you delusional.

• 1Like

spronk

FPS noob
nothing you linked says (1) they are considering bankruptcy (2) they HAVE to borrow $5 billion to stay in business. Borrowing money now while interest rates are at historical rates is just easy business decision, build up a cash hoard so you have a lot of options for the next few years. Disney has over $7b in literal cash in the bank so even if they draw $0 revenue -- impossible, they have reached over 50m D+ subs so thats hundreds of millions a month alone -- they can survive for years just spending what they already have in the bank.

That article you linked even goes on to mention Disney has access to nearly $17 billion in credit if they need. Literally every public company on the planet has billions in loans, better to make bets with other peoples money.

The real question is what does entertainment look like now in 3-4 years. Everyone just sorta assumed movies limp along and TV/streaming is a bigger and bigger market like video games, but now I don't think anyone really knows anymore.

Last edited:
  • 3Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
nothing you linked says (1) they are considering bankruptcy (2) they HAVE to borrow $5 billion to stay in business. Borrowing money now while interest rates are at historical rates is just easy business decision, build up a cash hoard so you have a lot of options for the next few years. Disney has over $7b in literal cash in the bank so even if they draw $0 revenue -- impossible, they have reached over 50m D+ subs so thats hundreds of millions a month alone -- they can survive for years just spending what they already have in the bank.

That article you linked even goes on to mention Disney has access to nearly $17 billion in credit if they need. Literally every public company on the planet has billions in loans, better to make bets with other peoples money.

The real question is what does entertainment look like now in 3-4 years. Everyone just sorta assumed movies limp along and TV/streaming is a bigger and bigger market like video games, but now I don't think anyone really knows anymore.
their numbers are suspect. the fact they extended their credit by 5 billion says things arent so peachy.

• 1Like

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
their numbers are suspect. the fact they extended their credit by 5 billion says things arent so peachy.
Hey

Where's Royal Royal at to suck Disney's dick? These guys aren't that good at it.

• 1Like

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Solid contribution from Midnight's Edge above.

Doomcock also has a toy recap out as of today as well.

• 1Like