Star Wars general purpose movie stuff

Wombat

Trakanon Raider
AFAIK (things are fluid right now!), Disney still has the next Star Wars film slotted into the Christmas 2022 spot.

Obviously there's a High Republic pre-production team, but as I believe there's no director, real script, actors, etc. set yet, it'll either be rushed or delayed (or both).

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
How many times do you have to fail at the same thing before you realize that your creative direction is a disaster that the fans just don't want any part of?

Plot details are being kept under wraps, but the outlet notes that the series will be a female-centric show that takes place in a different part of the Star Wars timeline than other projects.

• 1Picard
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 1 users

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
It will take place in the mansplainoa nebula as brave shemales fight the autocratic rule of Darth throbulus.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Step 1: Create something good
Step 1: Create something that makes money

Step 1: Create something with an agenda
Step 2: ???
Step 3: No Profits

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
After these shows fail to garner a wide audience, the valuation on the IP will be more realistic.

Along with taking on several billion in debt recently-- the price should come down considerably.

Disney's deathgrip on Star Wars begins to weaken.

Star Wars will be able to be licensed out, ala Star Trek, within the next 3-5 years.

Mark it down.

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
How many times do you have to fail at the same thing before you realize that your creative direction is a disaster that the fans just don't want any part of?

Writers for that show.

Guys, hating SJW shit makes you as bad as SJWs, because its probably not really affecting anything!!!!!

• 3Worf
  • 2Barf
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 5 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member

Writers for that show.

Guys, hating SJW shit makes you as bad as SJWs, because its probably not really affecting anything!!!!!
qkc4pvaqjam41.jpg

• 1Worf

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
Xpost from Gamergate because it is too true.

Well, these movements are generall about extreme sexism/hatred, so it really does fit. I always kind of laugh when people on this forum think the Anti-SJW brigade is at all bad..Mostly they just whine a little bit about how dumb or cringey these choices are. If you want to see real, genuine, religious like hate--dip into the social justice side of discourse around popular media. And you'll quickly realize why they win, because for them, its literally a religion.

EWRdkAIUwAENaRx

EWRdjgcUEAE5Zsx

• 1Popcorn
  • 1Worf
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 2 users

Leon

<Silver Donator>
I'd love to say the female agenda bombed star wars, but it's hard to celebrate their failure when they STILL made this much fucking money.

Fuck this earth.

• 2Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I'd love to say the female agenda bombed star wars, but it's hard to celebrate their failure when they STILL made this much fucking money.

Fuck this earth.
just go to the rise of skywalker thread and count the fucktards who paid for this and brought their fucktard families.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider

Fuck this earth.

It's a well-established IP with a lot of marketing dollars behind it-- trends are going in the right direction.

The laws of marketing apply. You can sell boxed dogshit if the marketing dollars are there.

If viewership on Disney+ follows the meta...

Its breaking Disney's back how much money they spent marketing Rise. They are in the red.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Imagine if this leads to Apple buying out Disney and they require AppleTV subscriptions for Disney and Star Wars stuff.

• 1Like
  • 1Mother of God

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
It's not feminist as long as the girls are attractive. Make a movie where rose is the best looking girl and she isn't even the lead .... then I'll believe it's a feminist agenda. Till then, it's just more winestines paying a higher price for trim.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>

Writers for that show.

And yet just about everyone here eats up The Mandolorian like its a gift from god

• 1Salty

Vanessa

Uncle Tanya
<Banned>
In Lithose's post, I found the bottom left tweet guy particularly cringey (combo of the tweet itself, his cartoon avatar, the flag etc), so I decided to fact-check this to see if it's Poe's Law or real.

nonbinaryalex.jpg

It's not only real, but peep it... non-binary pronouns strike again! Holy CRAP I love how the universe makes patterns in the sands of society.

• 1Like