Star Wars general purpose movie stuff

Rude

Potato del Grande
I thought Iger "retired" or whatever because he was too much of a pussy to dump Kennedy. You would think reading this thread that she's got more dirt on people than Epstein did. I'm going to go ahead and call bullshit.

• 1Like
  • 1Dislike
Reactions: 1 users

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I thought Iger "retired" or whatever because he was too much of a pussy to dump Kennedy. You would think reading this thread that she's got more dirt on people than Epstein did. I'm going to go ahead and call bullshit.

tell us another one debunker-in-chief

• 1Garbage
Reactions: 1 user

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
he stepped down because of shit quarterly earnings. but it turns out he really didnt step down, he just shuffled his position around and pretended to put the other bob in charge. when the kungflu hit and it shut the company down almost completely, he stepped back in . what he's gonna do with this kennedy whore is anyone's guess. in a normal company, her shit would be canned several times over. so for whatever reason she wields some abnormal power over there. thats where we are right now. this bitch is greenlighting new shows on her own without approval and nobody seems to be able to stop her. its amazing really.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider

Powerplay in progress by Kennedy.

We're still trying to figure out Headland's role in this. She has close ties to Weinstein.

What cards can Kennedy and Headland play in conjunction with their activist ally Paz de la Huerta?

What is clear is Kennedy knows something Iger doesn't.

Could the end game be a Kennedy contract renewal in 2021, or just a bigger thicker heavier golden parachute to go quietly?

• 1Like

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
he stepped down because of shit quarterly earnings. but it turns out he really didnt step down, he just shuffled his position around and pretended to put the other bob in charge. when the kungflu hit and it shut the company down almost completely, he stepped back in . what he's gonna do with this kennedy whore is anyone's guess. in a normal company, her shit would be canned several times over. so for whatever reason she wields some abnormal power over there. thats where we are right now. this bitch is greenlighting new shows on her own without approval and nobody seems to be able to stop her. its amazing really.

It's all starting to tie in Chuk.

Recent sources confirmed that the Galaxy's Edge theme park was supposed to be a George Lucas Star Wars theme park, featuring Mos Eisley spaceport on Tatooine.

The source is Walt Disney World VP Dan Cockerell.

Kennedy pressured hard for her vision, (And coming off the success of TFA, she had clout) and decided to make it a theme park bereft of any actual Star Wars. Just straight up sci-fi communism. Just any old fill-in-the-blanks science fiction characters and generic dogshit plots. Just because you say Jedi a few times doesn't make it Star Wars.

Disgusting.

Its credible now to say Kennedy ruined the Galaxy's Edge attraction.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Fifty - somethings are the ones with money though.

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
When I was at galaxies edge in February, I heard tons of kids and parents alike saying, “This doesn’t even feel like Star Wars”. Unfortunately, I was also disappointed. Many people have said they wished it was old school Lucas. Must be something with royalties I bet though too. He probably has something in his contract that he gets royalties for anything relating to the first six movies, nothing for Anything after full purchase by Disney. But that would be speculation. Wouldn’t count it out though.

• 1Like

spronk

FPS noob
george lucas gets no royalties for anything star wars, all that IP was sold to Disney they are run by lawyers they aren't giving any of that shit up. Lucas however took half his payment in Disney stock which has grown from around $2b at the time of the deal to over $8b last year, dunno how Disney is doing this year.

Some of you are just nuts, especially chuck and co. Every year you keep posting about how Kathleen Kennedy is destroying Star Wars and is on the verge of getting fired, and she keeps getting promoted. Then you change the shtick to that she has dirt on everyone, like she is some sort of Palpatine mixed with Harvey Weinstein.

The much simpler explanation is that they are all typical corporate shmucks who have no real clue what they are doing and take all the praise when stuff works (Marvel) and shift all the blame when stuff doesn't work (Star Wars). And keep raking in those stock options and corporate perks and shower it around to each other like every VP/CEO at every fortune 500 company. Until Disney starts bleeding money there is no one to hold them accountable for constantly fucking up.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
george lucas gets no royalties for anything star wars, all that IP was sold to Disney they are run by lawyers they aren't giving any of that shit up. Lucas however took half his payment in Disney stock which has grown from around $2b at the time of the deal to over $8b last year, dunno how Disney is doing this year.

Some of you are just nuts, especially chuck and co. Every year you keep posting about how Kathleen Kennedy is destroying Star Wars and is on the verge of getting fired, and she keeps getting promoted. Then you change the shtick to that she has dirt on everyone, like she is some sort of Palpatine mixed with Harvey Weinstein.

The much simpler explanation is that they are all typical corporate shmucks who have no real clue what they are doing and take all the praise when stuff works (Marvel) and shift all the blame when stuff doesn't work (Star Wars). And keep raking in those stock options and corporate perks and shower it around to each other like every VP/CEO at every fortune 500 company. Until Disney starts bleeding money there is no one to hold them accountable for constantly fucking up.

Shit derail, this whole royalties business is a little tired. Got anything on Kennedy's preference for a sequel trilogy park over a Lucas park? Or anything about Galaxy's Edge.

I'm falling asleep here.

Last edited:

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member

I'm not pulling shit out of my ass, i provide links and base my opinions on what's being reported. in other words, suck it.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
When I was at galaxies edge in February, I heard tons of kids and parents alike saying, “This doesn’t even feel like Star Wars”. Unfortunately, I was also disappointed. Many people have said they wished it was old school Lucas. Must be something with royalties I bet though too. He probably has something in his contract that he gets royalties for anything relating to the first six movies, nothing for Anything after full purchase by Disney. But that would be speculation. Wouldn’t count it out though.

Sucks to hear that. But Lucas gets no royalties. When he sold it to them, it was lock stock and barrel. His only special consideration was reportedly that they not let his outline for the final 3 movies get leaked before they make the movies. Then they just ignored his suggestions.