Star Wars general purpose movie stuff

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Adam Driver had notable roles before this, but 8+9 utterly destroyed Ridley, Boyega and others' careers too. Kennedy failed everyone.
boyega tried to be the voice of BLM, but then like all joggers, figured out that was too much real work, let the white ppl do it.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
boyega tried to be the voice of BLM, but then like all joggers, figured out that was too much real work, let the white ppl do it.
boyega had to nope out because he was coming to the same conclusions as all other black activists. kill whitey and all jews. mostly the jews. he's in the wrong line of work to hold those views, so he noped out before he blacklisted himself.

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
- Chapek in full control by mid-late 2021

- Chapek cancelled High Republic movie trilogy (Suspected this is Rian Johnson's trilogy)

- Trilogy used dinosaurs to travel

- Force was going to have a consciousness, the deletion of the "Whills" aspect which George created, and make the Force have a vague consciousness (Jives with Rian Johnson's/Kennedy agenda of deconstructing the meaning of Star Wars, making it his own)

- Chapek felt it would destroy the meaning of Star Wars if the Force had a consciousness.

- Clone Wars and Rebels lore was to be discarded for this trilogy entirely

- This creation was supposed to be the new Star Wars universe-- setting the tone for the future of the Star Wars IP (DC/MU tier)

- Setting was 200 years before The Phantom Menace

- Chapek is pushing Disney+ hard, cancellation of this movie trilogy was key to cementing the current direction
I don't believe most of that but if "Clone Wars and Rebels lore was to be discarded for this trilogy entirely"
is even remotely true for anything moving forward even I will turn in my fanboy card. Animated SW has been the best SW in the last 25 years and it ain't even close.

• 1Garbage
  • 1Like

Sevens

Log Wizard
I don't believe most of that but if "Clone Wars and Rebels lore was to be discarded for this trilogy entirely"
is even remotely true for anything moving forward even I will turn in my fanboy card. Animated SW has been the best SW in the last 25 years and it ain't even close.
Best Star Wars in 25 years?
There is only 2 that were any good
Star Wars (fuck you George and your New Hope bullshit, I was there when this was in theaters and it was fucking called STAR WARS!)
The Empire Strikes Back (one of my all time favorite movies)
the rest suck balls and eats un-wiped ass... just fucking trash

• 1Edgelord
  • 1Garbage
  • 1Pathetic
Reactions: 2 users

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
Star Wars (fuck you George and your New Hope bullshit, I was there when this was in theaters and it was fucking called STAR WARS!)
Giving an episode title to Ep4 is a weird thing to be pissed about.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Sevens

Log Wizard
Giving an episode title to Ep4 is a weird thing to be pissed about.
Not really, its just the whole Idea of going back and ret-conning all this shit...Han shot first and all that. Star Wars was fine the way it was and should have been left alone, Title and all

• 1Garbage

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
Not really, its just the whole Idea of going back and ret-conning all this shit...Han shot first and all that. Star Wars was fine the way it was and should have been left alone, Title and all
Sure, I understand getting pissed about changing the content of the film itself, but the addition of an episode title during the re-release after Ep5 didn't affect the film in '81.

Episode I: The Phantom Menace
Episode II: Attack of the Clones
Episode III: Revenge of the Sith
STAR WARS
Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back
Episode VI: Return of the Jedi

You don't see why they'd want to fix that?

Sevens

Log Wizard
Sure, I understand getting pissed about changing the content of the film itself, but the addition of an episode title during the re-release after Ep5 didn't affect the film in '81.

Episode I: The Phantom Menace
Episode II: Attack of the Clones
Episode III: Revenge of the Sith
STAR WARS
Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back
Episode VI: Return of the Jedi

You don't see why they'd want to fix that?
Listen, im a grumpy old fucker who doesnt like shit I grew up with being fucked with
Now get off my lawn!

• 1Salty

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
i feel ya man, but it was already changed to Star Wars: Ep IV A New Hope when it hit cable in the 70s.

• 1Solidarity

Sevens

Log Wizard
Actually, Episode IV: A new hope was added to the scrawl in 1981 when it was re released in theaters after Empire came out.
Sorry, just had to be "That guy" lol

• 1Garbage

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Actually, Episode IV: A new hope was added to the scrawl in 1981 when it was re released in theaters after Empire came out.
Sorry, just had to be "That guy" lol
oh ok, i must have gotten it mixed up with the end credits which said "Star Wars will return Next Year" when it was on cable. i saw it in the theater and when it first came to HBO. its been a while, but i knew thy changed the name of the movie way back when. there was also an 80s interview with Lucas that i remember when he said that he was planning 3 movies pre ANH and 3 movies post RoTJ. thats why i was so hyped up for TPM. such a downer this all turned out to be.

Sevens

Log Wizard
oh ok, i must have gotten it mixed up with the end credits which said "Star Wars will return Next Year" when it was on cable. i saw it in the theater and when it first came to HBO. its been a while, but i knew thy changed the name of the movie way back when. there was also an 80s interview with Lucas that i remember when he said that he was planning 3 movies pre ANH and 3 movies post RoTJ. thats why i was so hyped up for TPM. such a downer this all turned out to be.
Honestly I couldnt remember and had to google it :p

• 1Like

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
- Mara Jade is being brought to canon

- Legends/Old EU storylines are being brought into canon

- It was between Julianne Moore, Jodie Foster, Christina Hendricks for Mara Jade

- This is an older portrayal they have in mind

- Luke is going to train Mara Jade

- Julianne Moore is a close lock for Mandalorian Season 3 portrayal of Mara Jade.
1595880694876.png

• 1Oscar Bait

TBT-TheBigToe

Gemcutter
<Gold Donor>
Does anyone here read this shit, rub their hand, and go "I can't wait for this" in honest eagerness for the product, or are you like me and are just in it to see how badly they fail?

• 4Like
  • 1Edgelord
Reactions: 4 users

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Christina Hendricks' boobs would have made a great Mara.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 4 users

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Does anyone here read this shit, rub their hand, and go "I can't wait for this" in honest eagerness for the product, or are you like me and are just in it to see how badly they fail?
I genuinely wonder how few brain cells a person has to have to be interested in SW after the last 3 movies. Battered housewives all of you.

• 1Edgelord
  • 1Solidarity