Star Wars general purpose movie stuff

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
You're dreaming if you think Hollywood, especially Disney, is going to cast a live action redhead even if it's blonde dyed red. Mary Jane, Ariel, Starfire, even little orphan Annie all erased the gingers from canon. Redheads are animation only.

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
We all know Mara Jade is going to be a black chick with a fro. But we can dream.

• 3Barf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Fadaar

That guy
Too bad they waited so long to do it, would have been badass to have a younger Mara Jade/Luke. And no they can not fucking re-cast Mark Hamill. I like Julianne Moore but they both just seem too old for it now, unless they plan on doing some heavy work to de-age them both via special effects/makeup. This is assuming that post has any credibility and isn't pure fanfic... which it likely is.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Maybe pick someone who is actually young enough to do stunts? Jesus Christ, Julianne Moore is 59, Jodie Foster is 57, and Christina Hendricks may only be 45 but doesn't really have a body made for stunt-work unless the plan is to have her stunt doubles land on her tits.

Any scenes with Mara Jade are going to either be dull as fuck or going to be full on Taken level of cuts in every action scene.

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
I am assuming Mara is to be an old wise jedi that gives advice and doesnt engage in any action. Why else would they pick the female crypt keeper for the role?

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Maybe pick someone who is actually young enough to do stunts? Jesus Christ, Julianne Moore is 59, Jodie Foster is 57, and Christina Hendricks may only be 45 but doesn't really have a body made for stunt-work unless the plan is to have her stunt doubles land on her tits.

Any scenes with Mara Jade are going to either be dull as fuck or going to be full on Taken level of cuts in every action scene.

Its allegedly going to be only 1 scene in the Mandalorian S3.

Supposed to be a very high impact scene to set up more Luke-Mara Jade connection in the current canon.

Mark Hamill is going to be de-aged-- but I don't know how much they're looking to do.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
- Mara Jade is being brought to canon

- Legends/Old EU storylines are being brought into canon

- It was between Julianne Moore, Jodie Foster, Christina Hendricks for Mara Jade

- This is an older portrayal they have in mind

- Luke is going to train Mara Jade

- Julianne Moore is a close lock for Mandalorian Season 3 portrayal of Mara Jade.
View attachment 288451
stop saying Mara Jade, its giving me boner nostalgia.
image2-683x1024.jpeg

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Too bad they waited so long to do it, would have been badass to have a younger Mara Jade/Luke. And no they can not fucking re-cast Mark Hamill. I like Julianne Moore but they both just seem too old for it now, unless they plan on doing some heavy work to de-age them both via special effects/makeup. This is assuming that post has any credibility and isn't pure fanfic... which it likely is.

They're not shooting S3 yet, so until it's actually on film-- its just an "idea". It simply isn't realized yet.

But they are leaning heavy on Moore for the scene. Timeline wise, I guess Mara would be older. The intent isn't to feature Mara Jade in the Mandalorian so much as cement the Luke-Mara relationship as canon. We've heard about how different S2 is of Mandalorian, and it may yet be even more different in S3.

So while its difficult to imagine the format for this to take place in Mandalorian now, just wait till after Season 2 debuts to make that determination.

Sterling

El Presidente
They're not shooting S3 yet, so until it's actually on film-- its just an "idea". It simply isn't realized yet.

But they are leaning heavy on Moore for the scene. Timeline wise, I guess Mara would be older. The intent isn't to feature Mara Jade in the Mandalorian so much as cement the Luke-Mara relationship as canon. We've heard about how different S2 is of Mandalorian, and it may yet be even more different in S3.

So while its difficult to imagine the format for this to take place in Mandalorian now, just wait till after Season 2 debuts to make that determination.
One of the main draws to the first season is that it was small scale and relatively low stakes. Not that it can't ramp up and not suck so we'll see.

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
Also have a Brie Larson update.

- She's going to Disney+ for the 2022 schedule.

- Like a Batwoman 2.0.

- Leslie Headlund (Kennedy's deputy) is working directly with Brie Larson.

- They want to give Brie a brand new timeline, far before Episode 1, or far after Episode 9.

- Brie Larson's character will be a "chosen one"

- Extremely strong character.

- Headlund is borrowing from Lucas original sequel trilogy script, and is going to use Lucas material for the building of her unvierse. (See: Whills).

- Her character will be the embodiment of the light side of the force, created by the Whills, god-like beings.

This is awesome

• 2Like
  • 1WTF
Reactions: 2 users

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Crazy awesome. I was just thinking that Star Wars was really missing an insufferable bitch playing a Mary Sue character.

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Disney has the best young red head capable of doing stunt work already on their payroll. They shaved her head and painted her blue. But she would be a decent Mara Jade and can clearly do the physical work as well as act. I could see Isla Fischer being ok, but considering Disney already has contracts with Gillian she would be my pick.

But we know the war on redheads is real and Disney is leading the way on that front. We are going to get some diversity hire who cannot act her way out a paper bag.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Cybsled

Karen would have been a great Mara Jade, but she’s under the Marvel tent which is a big commitment. Plus Jumanji if they make a 3rd one.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
Looking through the Art of Rise of Skywalker you really get an impression that there was a much more visually engaging version of the movie just out of reach. There are some amazing visuals and concepts they developed for it which got tossed aside by JJ in favor of much more pedestrian designs.

I can only hope that these get re-used somewhere down the line as part of an animated series.