Star Wars general purpose movie stuff

Fadaar

That guy
Easily. When I first discovered and read that trilogy, any real need/want for any kind of sequels to the original trilogy were satisfied.

if Disney were fucking smart they'd build the Mandalorian universe into that trilogy

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
if Disney were fucking smart they'd build the Mandalorian universe into that trilogy
by smart you mean if somebody who loves Star Wars was put in charge of Star Wars without a desire to "update it for current year values or their own political agenda". i dont know how these companies continue to get these things wrong. seems pretty simple. Peter Jackson was able to reproduce what Tolkien envsioned, even with some minor changes. GoT was able to do it for 4 seasons before they burned through all 5 novels and had no idea what to do next.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm

Likely requires recasting the main 3, though. Also they'd really need to nail the Mara Jade and Talon Karrde casting. And of course, Thrawn.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chris

Potato del Grande
I think it's probably too late for Star Wars unless they do a timeskip with a fresh story or adapt KotOR, but that removes the possibility for nostalgia bait which will be seen as a risk.

From what I've heard of the EU, it was perfect. Luke & Leia have kids who continue the light/dark struggle and there are loads of freshly trained Jedi. Opens a lot of doors for storytelling.

Instead there's no kids, no new Jedi, so no scope for new stories... totally idiotic... unless they try and build around Rey LMAO.

• 2Like

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
insert picture of him kissing tessa thompson

1657184162469.png

• 1Like

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
I think it's probably too late for Star Wars unless they do a timeskip with a fresh story or adapt KotOR, but that removes the possibility for nostalgia bait which will be seen as a risk.

From what I've heard of the EU, it was perfect. Luke & Leia have kids who continue the light/dark struggle and there are loads of freshly trained Jedi. Opens a lot of doors for storytelling.

Instead there's no kids, no new Jedi, so no scope for new stories... totally idiotic... unless they try and build around Rey LMAO.
The Star Wars universe is fucking immense in both time and size. There is a fucking galaxy of stories awaiting people there. Let the Skywalker saga go and find something else. Get a good writer and the fans will love it.

• 1Like

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Haha really!?
Don't click unless you want MAJOR spoilers for the EU. You've been warned.

Surprise, Leia and Han have twins. Jaina and Jacen. They also have a younger son, Anakin. Anakin dies heroically during the Yuuzhan Vong war which eventually drives Jacen to the dark side. He tries and fails to kill Leia and Han, successfully murders Mara Jade, and plunges the galaxy into another civil war. Jaina eventually kills him.

Luke and Mara Jade's son Ben is just sort of a tool who gets used by evil Jacen a lot and repeatedly fails to avenge his mother.

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
Don't click unless you want MAJOR spoilers for the EU. You've been warned.

Surprise, Leia and Han have twins. Jaina and Jacen. They also have a younger son, Anakin. Anakin dies heroically during the Yuuzhan Vong war which eventually drives Jacen to the dark side. He tries and fails to kill Leia and Han, successfully murders Mara Jade, and plunges the galaxy into another civil war. Jaina eventually kills him.

Luke and Mara Jade's son Ben is just sort of a tool who gets used by evil Jacen a lot and repeatedly fails to avenge his mother.
The EU was moving along quite well until the fucking Vong. It was like the retarded prequel to "subvert your expectations" where they decided all the great characters they built up needed to be in actual danger. Instead of just killing off a few, though, they merced more than half of anybody worth writing about and then did the thing with the twins that was really unforgivable.

• 2Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
holy cow, that first chick pilot repeating her lines was so damned horrible at it. i guess they didnt even bother with a second take. her tone was all questioning and without authority. second chick was "better" even though she sounded like the Wicked Witch.

• 1Like